• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUH sued for negligence

Katana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nov 18, 2009

NUH sued for negligence

A cancer patient and the family of dead NSF each seek $500,000

<!-- by line --> By K.C. Vijayan, Law Correspondent
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
a3-2.jpg

Cpl Derrick Peh was paralysed after a cardio-respiratory collapse following surgery on his shoulder in 2006. He died of pneumonia in July. -- PHOTO: COURTESY OF PEH FAMILY

THE National University Hospital (NUH) is being sued for $1 million by two parties claiming medical negligence on its part. The first suit was filed by a 79-year- old cancer patient, who has alleged that a botched medical procedure required her to undergo open heart surgery later. She claims she is now unable to work as a result. The second case has been taken out by the family of Derrick Peh, a national serviceman who became paralysed following surgery for a shoulder injury. Corporal Peh died of pneumonia on July 29 this year, three years and four months after the incident.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems that public confidence in sg healthcare system is fast eroding away. :mad:

NUH has become damn jialat hospital....... there is a major communication problem among the staff........ the nurses CANNOT understand the FT doctors' instructions !!! :(

I witnessed an incident when I was visiting a friend at the wards....... the Ah Neh consultant reviewing the ward cases with the housemen doctors was briefing the ward nurses...... they just kept quiet and looked blankly at him...... after he left the ward..... the ward suddenly became noisy as the nurses started discussing with each other trying to figure out what the consultant had said :( ..... KNN no wonder patients are dying in our hospitals !!

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
NUH has become damn jialat hospital....... there is a major communication problem among the staff........ the nurses CANNOT understand the FT doctors' instructions !!! :(

I witnessed an incident when I was visiting a friend at the wards....... the Ah Neh consultant reviewing the ward cases with the housemen doctors was briefing the ward nurses...... they just kept quiet and looked blankly at him...... after he left the ward..... the ward suddenly became noisy as the nurses started discussing with each other trying to figure out what the consultant had said :( ..... KNN no wonder patients are dying in our hospitals !!

true.... NUH really sucks.
My dad was there for the past 8 months. few days back when i was there, the old man next to my dad bed seem vomiting white form. i quickly called for the nurse to take a look. those nurses were walking up & down left & right but no one notice that. the next day when i return to visit my dad, i was told the old man had gone to ICU....
even for my dad, i had been making noise so much that those nurses taking care of the ward know me.... i had told the PRD that the comminucation is very bad within the hospital....

BTW, can someone help me on this? my care give was injured by a floor polish machine while she is taking care of my dad. the cleaner was doing some floor polish with a machine & it come & "polish" on to her toe. it caused her to bleed & 2 toe nail were broken. she had been crying for the past few nights. what kind of claim can i seek from the cleaning company? due to this, i have been going to visit my twice a day to make sure he is ok. my dad is paralyze.

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
seems that public confidence in sg healthcare system is fast eroding away

We have to strive to attack the system continuously as it attempts to erode away the values of good healthcare workers by hiring workers at the cheap .

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
faster, better, cheaper...

remember don't let your relatives stay in Class C wards! B2 should be minimum!

mengzai

Alfrescian
Loyal
faster, better, cheaper...

remember don't let your relatives stay in Class C wards! B2 should be minimum!

my dad have been staying i c ward for the past 8 months. if he stays on B2, the bill will cost me at least 100K after subsidise. right now, i still need to pay 48K.