• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSP: If PAPee So Gracious, Why Not Cut GST?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST_IMAGES_SHRALLY17.jpg

I force smile until I wanna fart u still dare to say I ungracious?! *hee*hee*

National Solidarity Party says government can do more for S'poreans
By Lee Siew Hoon, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 29 August 2008 1913 hrs
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=260 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=right width=20> </TD><TD align=right width=240>
phpVmyI6U.jpg
</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top height=60> </TD><TD class=update vAlign=top height=60><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=138 bgColor=#f6f6f6>Photos </TD><TD width=47 bgColor=#f6f6f6>1 of 1</TD><TD width=18 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=btnPrev disabled onclick=Prev(); type=image height=15 width=18 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" value="<< Previous"></TD><TD width=19 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=bntPlay onclick=Play() type=image height=15 width=19 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" value="Play - Stop"></TD><TD width=18 bgColor=#f6f6f6><INPUT id=btnNext disabled onclick=Next(); type=image height=15 width=18 src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" value=" Next >> "></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
dotline_240.gif

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD class=update> </TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD><TD></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

SINGAPORE: The National Solidarity Party (NSP) said the government could do more to liberalise the political landscape by expanding the platform for greater public participation in politics and parliamentary elections.

The NSP was commenting on Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong's National Day Rally speech, which was delivered on August 17.

In a statement, the NSP said the latest tranche of perks in the marriage and parenthood package has limited appeal, and suggested that the government should help Singaporeans tackle the problems of high stress and high cost of living first before encouraging parenthood.

The NSP also said the government could have acted to reduce Goods and Services Tax (GST), Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) rates and public transport fares to help Singaporeans cope with the rising cost of living.

Commenting on Mr Lee's call for Singaporeans to improve their social graces, the NSP said the government's emphasis on materialism and elitism has cancelled out any effort towards graciousness.

- CNA/so

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
GST is a fair taxing system. It taxes everyone equally. Whether you are super rich or super poor, you pay the same GST. :smile:

Reducing the income tax percentage from 40% to 15% for the rich and increasing GST, is a move only highly paid politicians can implement and achieve :confused:

I am a normal singaporean. I do not understand these things.:mad:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not to mention that in countries that implement GST, basic necessities, health care, education, essential services and raw food are exempted from it. Peesai is the ONLY cuntry in the world that makes no exemption and then claims that GST is to help the poor. Warped logic that only the likes of cassxxx's and clintonyyy's treat as the gospel truth!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST_IMAGES_SHRALLY17.jpg

I force smile until I wanna fart u still dare to say I ungracious?! *hee*hee*
Commenting on Mr Lee's call for Singaporeans to improve their social graces, the NSP said the government's emphasis on materialism and elitism has cancelled out any effort towards graciousness.
- CNA/so

PAP has never failed to contradict us with their belief and actions. Besides, how will Lee Hsien Loong understand Singaporean when he only listened to those who polished him from head to toe and his father protecting him like a treasured gem. If they have people like LBW in their team, do you still believe they have a single trace of social grace in them. As long as Singapore remain a one party state, ruled by arrogant people, social grace will never exist.