• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NS no big deal?

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys talk about serving the SAF as if it is a huge chore. A huge burden. There is no pride at all in serving Singapore. All of you expect, in return for serving for a few years and reservist every year some huge benefit in return. Have some pride in serving Singapore lah!

Really tcss some of you. This is not Israel where they send reservists into the line of fire. When have any of you seen real combat? Put in mortal fear for your lives? When was the last NS man killed in combat? Don't talk as if it is such a huge sacrifice. It's something that all Singaporeans should be proud of. Not something to complain about and expect a big benefit in return.

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=35642&page=27#265

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys talk about serving the SAF as if it is a huge chore. A huge burden. There is no pride at all in serving Singapore. All of you expect, in return for serving for a few years and reservist every year some huge benefit in return. Have some pride in serving Singapore lah!

Really tcss some of you. This is not Israel where they send reservists into the line of fire. When have any of you seen real combat? Put in mortal fear for your lives? When was the last NS man killed in combat? Don't talk as if it is such a huge sacrifice. It's something that all Singaporeans should be proud of. Not something to complain about and expect a big benefit in return.

"Making a Mountain Out of a Molehill" it is called.

But why are our people like that?
Answer:we have a great master,we all learn fr him

BTW,I did my NS too

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal

chicken vs egg

no pride = why does anyone want to serve ns ?
so if govt want ppl to serve ns, then people count $$$, want $$$ compensation / renumeration / to exchange in return.

singaporean = born in sg = must have pride in sg ?
where the pride come from ?
pride based on what ?

pride can eat or not ? :p

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
To prepare for defence is one issue... But to be exploited as cheap labor is the one that piss people off...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Most of the people who think NS is no big deal happens to be women. The gung ho guys think of it as fun, i propose NS for not only 1st-2nd gen PRs but compulsory ones for all women. This is so as to enrich their experience of life.

Those who laugh at NSFs are the same ones who baulk at having to sit in a car that was under the sun too long. They would never do so without first dousing the seats and insisting that you turn on the aircon and cool the car first. These are people who never sat in a 3 tonner in the hot sun going to somewhere far for training and going below 50kmph with full battle order.

NS guys never went to dangerous places? Thats because they never knew we did peacekeeping ops before.

Nobody faced danger or died while doing NS? Think again. People already die before war operations even in training exercises. Does it cheapens their death in the process then? That they should die in the heat and glory of battle and be sent off to the other world by a FMJ round or motar round or shell shrapnel?

You can continue look down on those serving the nation all you want but please don't belittle those who died for the country.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The same people who always tell you about pride are normally always the same guys who book the first flight out of the country in the event of conflict.

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the people who think NS is no big deal happens to be women. The gung ho guys think of it as fun, i propose NS for not only 1st-2nd gen PRs but compulsory ones for all women. This is so as to enrich their experience of life.

Those who laugh at NSFs are the same ones who baulk at having to sit in a car that was under the sun too long. They would never do so without first dousing the seats and insisting that you turn on the aircon and cool the car first. These are people who never sat in a 3 tonner in the hot sun going to somewhere far for training and going below 50kmph with full battle order.

NS guys never went to dangerous places? Thats because they never knew we did peacekeeping ops before.

Nobody faced danger or died while doing NS? Think again. People already die before war operations even in training exercises. Does it cheapens their death in the process then? That they should die in the heat and glory of battle and be sent off to the other world by a FMJ round or motar round or shell shrapnel?

You can continue look down on those serving the nation all you want but please don't belittle those who died for the country.

relax brother. these days, NS focuses on trying not to get the trainee injured. how to go to war like that??

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not just whether the training is dangerous or tough. We are talking about 2 prime years of a person's life being taken away under compulsion.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Those who belittle NS, please serve it before you even earn the right to criticize. Girls who keep saying, aiyah, NS no big deal, you should not even mention it in my presence, what is SOC? Cannot spell SOCK ah? Its just one sock only mah? What is FBO? Full of Bull Offal is it?

Those "siao on' types who keeps waxing lyrical about NS and how much good it did for your 2.5 years.

Please sign up to be a regular and "serve" our country in the way that you obviously enjoy/relish.

Otherwise please don't talk nonsense.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

http://forums.asiaone.com/showthread.php?t=35642&page=[/COLOR]27#265

Yes it is indeed a huge chore - if neber serve will go jail
huge burden -yes every night cannot sleep properly, scare next day what punishment will get again.
Real combat - yes seen in Thai border, they look fierce, sg army see them liao leg will tremble and cry to our mommy.
Huge sacrifice - yes very huge, I lost 2.5 yrs of freedom and capacity of earning $. Also need to cut botak and forgo my beckham hairstyle.
proud of - I only proud when I still have my beckham hairdo and have lots of $ and a chiobu next to me.
Definitely need some benefit in return needless to say.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You tell that to those who loss their love ones, sons, husbands, friends, relative, etc to NS, every year in every batch.

You are lucky that none of your relative loss their lives while serving in NS.

For me, I encounter 3 lives loss during my 2.5 years in service. That is 1 life too many.

I forgot, plus 1 loss his right hand to a faulty grenade during the grenade throwing exercise in BMT.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sounds like a brain dead and brain washed asshole.

May even be a woman or a foreigner pretending to know what NS is! KNNBCCB.

What fucking pride is there is protecting a bunch of foreigners and elites? NS has been diluted and perverted over the years. With all the foreign trash import, who are SG men defending? Get real. :oIo:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SAF kpkb because the enemies by more than million have already landed. Besides, PAP has never gone into the line of fire too (not even in parliament debate). In the safe land like Singapore, they still need to be surrounded by gurhka and body guards. Khaw Boon Wan and many ex-malaysian PM also didn't serve NS. What say you.

jw5

Loyal
NS has always been a common topic of interest for all Singaporean males.
Some loved their time, some would love to do it again, but the vast majority saw it as a tiresome chore yet felt a sense of pride in having served the nation.

It may not be real war, but many have lost their lives or been injured during NS time. It's not a joke or something to be belittled or mocked at.

To those who belittle or mock NS, they should really experience it. That's my advice for Singaporean females and all foreigners living in SG who have not done it.