• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NParks ranger charged for accepting bribe from littering Ah neh FT

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
$20 bribe, face fine 100K. this i got to c how much corrupted ex-mp got to pay when he's convicted.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imho, this is kinda overdone - for $20 this 59yr old fella will be ruined for life...?
How much is he being paid? $1200? $1500? per month...?

If he really did commit this offence, his boss or dept head should give him a severe warning or reprimand... or worst case, sack him!
To bring him to CPIB ($20 case also take?), to go to court and for sentencing, possibly fine $100,000 or 5 years jail... isn't this manifestly overblown?
I'm not legally trained but if this is how our laws and societal mores are to be applied, then we ALL have to be very worried!... I mean, where is the blardy compassion?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tactical ranger means, he hide in the dark lit carparks either at East Coast Park or MacRitchie Reservoir etc. peep at the action in the cars; if the occupants throw out their rubbish, like tissues & "C", tactical ranger will jump into action and issue summons. The peeping, is the perks of the job.:biggrin:

Oh I see, & here I thought "tactical" meant they know how to take cover :smile:

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imho, this is kinda overdone - for $20 this 59yr old fella will be ruined for life...?
How much is he being paid? $1200? $1500? per month...?

If he really did commit this offence, his boss or dept head should give him a severe warning or reprimand... or worst case, sack him!
To bring him to CPIB ($20 case also take?), to go to court and for sentencing, possibly fine $100,000 or 5 years jail... isn't this manifestly overblown?
I'm not legally trained but if this is how our laws and societal mores are to be applied, then we ALL have to be very worried!... I mean, where is the blardy compassion?

he should be punished severely. not for taking bribe, but for taking small bribe and yet get caught. nparks does not tolerate fools.

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
Tactical ranger means, he hide in the dark lit carparks either at East Coast Park or MacRitchie Reservoir etc. peep at the action in the cars; if the occupants throw out their rubbish, like tissues & "C", tactical ranger will jump into action and issue summons. The peeping, is the perks of the job.:biggrin:

Awesome job, but obviously not paid enough

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't play play with this '' tactical ranger... 2 year back my cycling friend kena fined $500 by NEA officers for throwing a Mars chocolate bar at the direction of a few monkeys at Lower Peirce Reservoir...:biggrin: :p :biggrin: Not kidding you guys.. This is one true story hor..:biggrin:

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Civil service spring cleaning continues even after CNY! Btw, what is 'tactical ranger'? Got ranger tab one boh?

I'm surprise no one made this joke yet. SAF pple would immediately go -> He obviously wasn't very "tactical" since he kena caught