• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nowadays son of teacher is called modest beginnings.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_9528.jpeg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
When i was young, I know a school teacher couple that stay in landed property and raised up three children comfortably. What modest beginnings?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
When i was young, I know a school teacher couple that stay in landed property and raised up three children comfortably. What modest beginnings?
More precisely when I was a child. Son of school teacher called modest beginnings is wrong. Call a spade a spade should be called middle class comfortable upbringing!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now this is then called from humble beginnings to thriving success. No poverty to overcome to achieve great height called what humble beginnings? Siao!

From Modest Beginnings to Thriving Success: My Journey of Overcoming Poverty and Achieving Great Heights​

Asiri Hewage

Asiri Hewage
·
Follow
3 min read
·
Aug 22, 2023

Listen
In a world where circumstances can often determine the course of one’s life, the story of rising from a humble background to achieving remarkable success serves as a testament to the power of determination, education, and unwavering self-belief. This article delves into the inspiring journey of myself who emerged triumphant over the adversities of poverty to become a thriving software engineer, demonstrating how tenacity and grit can transform destinies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it fashionable to call yourself from humble background when you are from middle income family? I would call myself from middle income family if I am him and not humble background.

View attachment 200405
It’s not fair to people with real humble background for such people that live easy comfortable middle income life to call themselves from humble background.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh so if his father let him learn piano - which of course their income can easily afford to - no longer humble background?
Thank goodness his parents didn’t upgrade to landed property and benefit from Singapore property boom - many with this kind of family background did - if not cannot call himself humble background liao.