• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

now confirmed IMH capcity already insufficient for Singaporeans - out source

matamafia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cow said, if your brains goes nuts under my PAP rule, I will have to send you to Cheaper nut houses in JB / Batam.:mad::oIo::eek:

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC110326-0000068/IMH-partners-GPs-for-patient-care

IMH partners GPs for patient care

by Neo Chai Chin
04:46 AM Mar 26, 2011
SINGAPORE - Every month for the past five years, Mr Chan (not his real name) has gone to a general practitioner (GP) in Bukit Gombak for his monthly appointments and medication. The 53-year-old administrative officer has schizophrenia, a chronic mental illness he has lived with for 26 years.

But his employer does not know about his condition - and Mr Chan intends to keep it that way, "because society still doesn't accept us".

The father of two teenagers is proud of the fact that despite having schizophrenia, he has supported his family without ever relying on government welfare. "Even though I have this sickness, I can be independent," he told MediaCorp over the phone.

Since 2005, an Institute of Mental Health (IMH) partnership with GPs has helped stable patients keep up their regular visits to the doctor. Instead of going to the IMH in Buangkok for consultations, patients like Mr Chan can just head to the nearest participating GP for treatment. From four participating GPs and 26 referred patients in 2005, the Mental Health-General Practitioner Partnership (MH-GP Partnership) now has 49 participating GPs and over 800 patients referred.

The benefits to patients are many - some GPs are open late and on weekends, and patients feel less of a stigma going to them. For Mr Chan, the GP clinic's letterhead on his receipts allows him to claim S$10 - about a quarter of his $35 expense - yet keep his condition from his employer.

Said Dr Roy Ang, a participating GP who runs Roy's Family Clinic and Surgery in Yishun: "If they have other ailments, including coughs and colds, they do not need to go to another GP for treatment."

Dr Ang sees four to five patients under this programme weekly.

Patients whose conditions deteriorate can be referred back to IMH for acute care before continuing to see the GP.

Partner GPs are linked with IMH's liaison coordinators and the programme director via a hotline and email. They can also call IMH's psychiatric team on duty for emergencies and after-office hour consultations, said Dr Goh Yen-Li, programme director of the MH-GP Partnership.

There is a yearly recruitment exercise to get more GPs on board but some doctors fear their participation will put off their other patients. Others worry that patients with mental conditions could be aggressive, or that consultations with them would take longer, said Dr Goh.

But GP Alvin Lum, who has been with the programme since its inception, said stable patients can be well-managed by primary care providers in the community. Dr Lum is now attending the Graduate Diploma in Mental Health, jointly offered by IMH and the National University of Singapore, to hone his ability to manage mental illness patients.

S

suicidalpap

One flew east, one flew west and one flew over the culkold's nest.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
With the number of nut cases that inhabit the Island, I'm hardly surprised.:rolleyes:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
With the number of nut cases that inhabit the Island, I'm hardly surprised.:rolleyes:

The loonies in this forum alone would fill 95% of all available capacity.:eek:

therockz

Alfrescian
Loyal

And the sad thing is it is just the tip of the iceberg! Most of them don't even bother to seek treatment!

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
you dun keh keh, i think you have some form of mental problem.It's just that you didn;t realise.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam, IMH partner you too? I see lots of IMH patients here!

:smile:

Singapore can establish a major mental health hub. All the crazy people from Indo, Malaysia and Thailand can receive treatments together with Sinkie nutcases.

It is much easier than their planned aviation hub and education hub

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore can establish a major mental health hub. All the crazy people from Indo, Malaysia and Thailand can receive treatments together with Sinkie nutcases.

It is much easier than their planned aviation hub and education hub

Look who is talking!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: