• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Not easy being a Malay woman

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
7271.jpg

FOR the Malay woman, marriage doesn’t offer a complete sense of security. At the back of your mind, you know it doesn’t matter if you’re the most beautiful or perfect woman alive; someday, your husband might want a younger prototype of you, or worse, the anti-thesis of you!

Of course, some may argue this is an issue that plagues everyone, as every relationship, especially marriage, has its risks.

But for the Malays, there is a difference. In Malaysia, it’s legal for a Muslim man to marry four women. The argument is that it is perfectly acceptable because the Prophet had four wives. I will not quote the relevant hadith here, but the basis is that Muslim men are “allowed” to do the same by law. But wait. Many of them conveniently forget the second part of the hadith, which stresses “... only if you’re capable of treating them equally and fairly”.

A friend who suspects that her husband has a second wife, says: “What on earth makes a mere mortal think that he is on par with our Prophet and can treat all his wives equally? And how strange that some men in this country are so ready to emulate the Prophet when it comes to wives, but not other things?”

The Star/Asia News Network

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
NOT MALAY LAH! MUSLIM! If the Malay woman stop being a muslim and marry a non-muslim, there will be no such problem!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Malay muslim have choice to leave the husband. blame them on their own stupidity.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
7271.jpg

FOR the Malay woman, marriage doesn’t offer a complete sense of security. At the back of your mind, you know it doesn’t matter if you’re the most beautiful or perfect woman alive; someday, your husband might want a younger prototype of you, or worse, the anti-thesis of you!

Of course, some may argue this is an issue that plagues everyone, as every relationship, especially marriage, has its risks.

But for the Malays, there is a difference. In Malaysia, it’s legal for a Muslim man to marry four women. The argument is that it is perfectly acceptable because the Prophet had four wives. I will not quote the relevant hadith here, but the basis is that Muslim men are “allowed” to do the same by law. But wait. Many of them conveniently forget the second part of the hadith, which stresses “... only if you’re capable of treating them equally and fairly”.

A friend who suspects that her husband has a second wife, says: “What on earth makes a mere mortal think that he is on par with our Prophet and can treat all his wives equally? And how strange that some men in this country are so ready to emulate the Prophet when it comes to wives, but not other things?”

The Star/Asia News Network

1-3.jpg

Hey I know one or two things about the Islam laws too.

If that guy became a terrorist and sacrifice themselves by killing others. That guy will have 72 virgins waiting for him in heaven with their legs widely spread
open.

Thinking of that makes me horny men ah!!!

Highfalutin

Alfrescian
Loyal
At least the Malay woman still have the right to divorce, not so in the Philippines.

http://jlp-law.com/blog/annulment-divorce-legal-separation-in-the-philippines-questions-and-answers/

Is divorce allowed under Philippine laws?

No, divorce is not allowed in the Philippines. However, there are certain instances wherein the divorce secured abroad by the foreigner-spouse, and even by former Filipinos, are recognized under Philippine laws. More discussion here (Judicial Recognition of a Foreign Divorce Decree).

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
NOT MALAY LAH! MUSLIM! If the Malay woman stop being a muslim and marry a non-muslim, there will be no such problem!

Not much different with the Chinese - they took the religion element out of the equation. The Chinese called them concubines. It's nothing out of the norm to have concubines for the rich.

Nowadays having a wife is already a headache. Have two is double the headache. That's why many muslim men divorce their first or second wife. The rate of divorce is highest among the Muslims in Singapore.

Anyway, Muslim men don't have to look to Muhammad as a model for taking four wives. Many sultans in Malaysia also have many wives. I think the muslim men look to the sultans as role models. Using the Phophet was just an excuse.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 4 wives rule is another irrelevant thousand year old custom

It was applicable during Mohammed's time so that men would fight bravely against their enemies knowing their women would be taken care of if they died in battle

One of the reasons for Islam's decline was because they treated their women like shit. The west liberated their womenfolk and effective doubled the workforce

And it's fucking ironic that it was actually Prophet Mohammed's wife who funded his campaign to reconquer Mecca

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 4 wives rule is another irrelevant thousand year old custom

It was applicable during Mohammed's time so that men would fight bravely against their enemies knowing their women would be taken care of if they died in battle

One of the reasons for Islam's decline was because they treated their women like shit. The west liberated their womenfolk and effective doubled the workforce

And it's fucking ironic that it was actually Prophet Mohammed's wife who funded his campaign to reconquer Mecca

I know you are a fucking retard but at the least do your homework before displaying your xenophobia.

Islam is one of the largest, if not the fastest growing religion in the world. It certainly is not in decline and there is no evidence of that happening either.

"Prophet Muhammad, who had a monogamous marriage with Khadija for twenty five years till her death, married many of his wives because they were war widows who were left with nothing and took care of them (Muhammad had 9 wives, see Muhammad's wives). Thus, polygamy is an exception rather than the rule and is traditionally restricted to men who can manage things, and in some countries it is illegal for a man to marry multiple wives if he is unable to afford to take care of each of them properly." Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy

At least the Muslim/Malay man is able to bear his wife(s) children. Can the Ah Beng say the same for himself? Most of them fuck around with paid prostitutes but can't or won't produce sufficient offspring. Besides do the KTV Ah Bengs really treat their women any better? Why then are Singaporean Chinese women increasingly marrying foreigners these days?

The actions of the myopic Singaporean Chinese is a direct result of the unintended consequences he currently has to endure. The mass import of FTs given the declining fertility rate amongst the Chinese and the lack of employee protection or existence of discrimination in the workplace - "PRCs or foreigners preferred". It used to be "Must be Chinese" or "Chinese speaking preferred" 10 to 15 years ago but when it was pointed out by the minorities they were scoffed at instead. Chinese Singaporeans are victims of their own hubris. They fully deserve the predicament they are in today as it is completely their doing or in this case undoing.

For what it is worth consider this - Islam, the Malay and Muslims will be around long after the Singapore Ah Beng is extinct.

Last edited:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. aiyoh! adding on ...
2. hook up with a white, and then hopping from one bed to another.
3. more fun, available and easy too.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know you are a fucking retard but at the least do your homework before displaying your xenophobia.

Islam is one of the largest, if not the fastest growing religion in the world. It certainly is not in decline and there is no evidence of that happening either.

"Prophet Muhammad, who had a monogamous marriage with Khadija for twenty five years till her death, married many of his wives because they were war widows who were left with nothing and took care of them (Muhammad had 9 wives, see Muhammad's wives). Thus, polygamy is an exception rather than the rule and is traditionally restricted to men who can manage things, and in some countries it is illegal for a man to marry multiple wives if he is unable to afford to take care of each of them properly." Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygamy

At least the Muslim/Malay man is able to bear his wife(s) children. Can the Ah Beng say the same for himself? Most of them fuck around with paid prostitutes but can't or won't produce sufficient offspring. Besides do the KTV Ah Bengs really treat their women any better? Why then are Singaporean Chinese women increasingly marrying foreigners these days?

The actions of the myopic Singaporean Chinese is a direct result of the unintended consequences he currently has to endure. The mass import of FTs given the declining fertility rate amongst the Chinese and the lack of employee protection or existence of discrimination in the workplace - "PRCs or foreigners preferred". It used to be "Must be Chinese" or "Chinese speaking preferred" 10 to 15 years ago but when it was pointed out by the minorities they were scoffed at instead. Chinese Singaporeans are victims of their own hubris. They fully deserve the predicament they are in today as it is completely their doing or in this case undoing.

For what it is worth consider this - Islam, the Malay and Muslims will be around long after the Singapore Ah Beng is extinct.

A racist post.

Promotes racial disharmony.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
A racist post.

Promotes racial disharmony.

I disagree. It has merit unlike the posts from racists such as Jah Rastafar, SIFU, et al.. who can only spam vulgarities against the minority community with no substance.

You simply do not like what you read in my post as its an inconvenient truth you would rather see buried. The employment discrimination and influx of FTs are all the consequences that has been self-inflicted by the majority as a result of their selfishness and shortcomings.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
This explains why most mats love to run amok with a parang to cut down other women and children.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Learn to read first. Where in my post did I indicate Islam is declining further? With contraceptives forbidden and 4 wives allowed, only a low class idiot FT like you would presume that.

What's the point of cutting and pasting this passage? It's what I said.

blah blah blah ....

Ah Beng this Ah Beng that... Running out of new material ah?

If you want my attention so badly, go do some research first. My time is too precious to entertain and educate ignorant FTs about world culture. You still haven't answer me why women have to pay men dowry in your country. Why ah?

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Today i was at Chong Pang market there buying durians.. I was looking at the types of durians available and a PRC auntie was attending to me... then came a malay lady also looking at those packed durians... There was no others around to attend to the malay lady, so the PRC auntie called the opposite store uncle (another PRC) to help attend to her. The PRC uncle asked, "Ni yao zhe xie ma?" The malay auntie asks "How much?" PRC Uncle "Ni Yao Shen me?"... this went on for a few rounds and the malay auntie stormed off...

At that point of time, i really felt for the malay auntie as i can see she felt marginalised, even in such a simple act of buying durians, which incidentally is our malay comrades' best-loved fruit. Really demonstrates the thought process of our leaders when they came up with the FT policy and the concerns of our malay or indian citizens are not really addressed.

Well, it sure is not easy being a malay woman.....