• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No worries. OCBC decided to compensate those who were scammed

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

OCBC pays phishing victims; MAS says all customers should be treated fairly​

MON, JAN 17, 2022 - 6:00 PM

UPDATED TUE, JAN 18, 2022 - 8:20 AM
NATALIE CHOY

ocbc.jpg
SPH
OCBC said it has, to date, made goodwill payouts to more than 30 customers who fell prey to the recent SMS phishing scam impersonating the bank.
Almost 470 customers have lost a total of S$8.5 million since last December.
In a statement on Monday (Jan 17), the lender acknowledged that its customer service and response "fell short of our customers' expectations, especially at a time of stress and anxiety".

The affected customers started receiving the goodwill payouts since Jan 8, which are being "made on goodwill basis after thorough verification, taking into account the circumstances of each case".
OCBC said it needed more time to get back to the remaining affected customers, who will be contacted as soon as the review and validation of their case have been completed.
In a separate statement, the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said it expects all customers to be treated fairly, and has been following up with the bank on the recent scams and broader issues relating to the incident.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Seriouslee my uncle simplee cannot understand how people can fall into scams.
The exception my uncle can accept is eg pay little money upfront to buy online goods and never get to see the goods or leesponse from seller. This one you must already have some mental preparation that you might not get the goods if you want it cheap and when it leelee happens My uncle doesn't consider it scam just write off.

The 2nd kind that my uncle kana was ocbc programmed their ibanking app to secretlee jump from fast transfer to giro. This one is cheating and not scam.

So what is the difference of getting cheated and getting scammed ?
Answer is
1. Use your fucking brain to lead your life and you will never fall into scams
2. Getting cheated is slightly different KNN see eg of my uncle's ocbc case KNN

Last edited:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
The exception my uncle can accept is eg pay little money upfront to buy online goods and never get to see the goods or leesponse from seller. This one you must already have some mental preparation that you might not get the goods if you want it cheap and when it leelee happens My uncle doesn't consider it scam just write off.

The 2nd kind that my uncle kana was ocbc programmed their ibanking app to secretlee jump from fast transfer to giro. This one is cheating and not scam.

Answer is
You may want to fuck My uncle by saying KNN idiot why you never double check before confirmation? My uncle will tell you KNN bloodlee hell my uncle checked and ensured the fast transfer was selected so he clicked on Next but he missed out to triple checked the top line has secretlee programmed to become giro KNNBCCB KNN lesson learnt is have to double and triple check.

Kee Chew

Alfrescian
Loyal

Answer is

most Sgporeans are not IT savy or scams savy.

cannot blame sgporeans horr...

after this OCBC saga Sgporeans 470 sgporeans will enter Guiness Book of World Record as the most Goulible and Scamable City in the whole wide world ...

another 1st in the world achievment ...very sad.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
most Sgporeans are not IT savy or scams savy.

cannot blame sgporeans horr...

after this OCBC saga Sgporeans 470 sgporeans will enter Guiness Book of World Record as the most Goulible and Scamable City in the whole wide world ...

another 1st in the world achievment ...very sad.
Some of the cases are not even IT leelated. My uncle's friend's superior fell into 1 of those emails scam promising to get a large sum of inheritance and upfront need to pay a few Ks of admin fee and final leesult he paid near100k by getting loans from banks and other ah longs . Verlee verlee sad. Even my uncle's friend said due to greed but my uncle think is more than greed.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also my uncle think many ter nao sinkies has this curious kaypoh ji inviting trouble mindset that need to read every sms or email same like @ginfreely after leeceiving missed banglas calls need to call back KNN my uncle Don't even read emails or sms from any financial institution becas ALL are either ads or scams leelated. Leepeating as ALL becas you are always the initiator with them and not them to you stupid idiot note this KNN anything initiated by them is bo ho tai ji KNN

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of the cases are not even IT leelated. My uncle's friend's superior fell into 1 of those emails scam promising to get a large sum of inheritance and upfront need to pay a few Ks of admin fee and final leesult he paid near100k by getting loans from banks and other ah longs . Verlee verlee sad. Even my uncle's friend said due to greed but my uncle think is more than greed.
Malays will never fall for this as no upfront money

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it is notnout of goodwill to me,a bank no matter how hv to sage guard depositor money,if not why put in a bank,its a bank responsibilities to safe guard accounts unless it is really drawn by depositor, n if a depositor agree to transfer to scammer acct then it is depositor fault.

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol goodwill payouts ?

Honestly, this is just a PR nightmare. They at least had the common sense to pay out even though technically it’s not their fault.
They have to use the phrase "goodwill payouts". Otherwise, it may tantamount to admission of liability, and the insurers will kpkb.