• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nite parking charges up 100%

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
And how is the hike gonna helps in better manage high demand?? :confused:

Revised night charges for URA and HDB carparks

NIGHT parking charges at HDB and URA carparks will increase from S$2 to S$4 starting November 1 to better manage the higher demand.

The changes will apply to carparks with the Night Parking Scheme (NPS), which provides overnight parking facilities for non-resident motorists and visitors.

"Currently, most NPS carparks are heavily utilised due to higher parking demand," said URA and HDB in a statement.

"This has resulted in residents with Season Parking Ticket (SPT) facing difficulties in getting a parking space when they return home at night."

The new charges will help "safeguard the interests of SPT holders," they said.

The current night parking half-hourly charge for areas without the NPS will remain at S$0.50.

The new S$4 night parking coupons will be available for sale from October 15. Motorists holding the S$2 night parking coupons can continue to use them by displaying two S$2 coupons.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah piang oi .... erections not even started let alone won.... already start increase here there and everwhere already .... really 'gau um dim '.....:(

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... NIGHT parking charges at HDB and URA carparks will increase from S$2 to S$4 starting November 1 to better manage the higher demand. ...
yet again ... try 2 solve a prob by blatantly increasing prices! ... :rolleyes: :mad:

betta manage? ... wat rubbish! ... :mad:

ppl got any other place 2 park meh? ... u wanna chase ppl 2 park by ze roadside? ... :rolleyes:

slohand2

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think they plugging up loopholes. Owners of cars who need to drive to work park at work place. If overnight parking is $2 , taking away the Sundays, its only less than $50 a month. The season parking cost at least $75. There is an "imbalance"

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I think they plugging up loopholes. Owners of cars who need to drive to work park at work place. If overnight parking is $2 , taking away the Sundays, its only less than $50 a month. The season parking cost at least $75. There is an "imbalance"

I m not sure bout tis but i guess not much ppl will do that...If u park at workplace, u nid to take public transport to and from home...tat cost alone offset whatever you had save...not to mention longer time spend on transportation every day...

Too much coe released perhaps...n now they r caught off guard again...:biggrin::biggrin:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If, by increasing the price or fees is the only solution to solve all the problems (ERP, MRT, public transport, parking fees, etc...) we don't need to pay multi-million dollars for these idiotic ministers. My 5 years old niece can do the job.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha, the way Halimah Yacoob made it sound when interviewed
on radio was as if they are helping the residents.

Residents with season parking cannot find carpark, so the parking charges
were increased and it was hoped that this will solve the problem.

Not enough car park, up the charges.
Not enough housing, up the price.

In future, not enough food, up the price as well.

The people deserve the government they voted for.

PAP is so confident that they can dump anything on Singaporeans
nowadays without any fear of a backlash from voters.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Revised night charges for URA and HDB carparks

NIGHT parking charges at HDB and URA carparks will increase from S$2 to S$4 starting November 1 to better manage the higher demand.

The changes will apply to carparks with the Night Parking Scheme (NPS), which provides overnight parking facilities for non-resident motorists and visitors.

"Currently, most NPS carparks are heavily utilised due to higher parking demand," said URA and HDB in a statement.

"This has resulted in residents with Season Parking Ticket (SPT) facing difficulties in getting a parking space when they return home at night."

The new charges will help "safeguard the interests of SPT holders," they said.

The current night parking half-hourly charge for areas without the NPS will remain at S$0.50.

The new S$4 night parking coupons will be available for sale from October 15. Motorists holding the S$2 night parking coupons can continue to use them by displaying two S$2 coupons.

STEP 1:

Singapore would replenish S$4.5b from reserves in 2 to 3 years: Lim Swee Say

SINGAPORE : NTUC’s Secretary General Lim Swee Say has said he is confident that Singapore will be able to replenish the S$4.5 billion drawn from the reserves over two to three years.

http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4250540

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
THIS... IS... MAD...NESS !!!

2n9z12f.jpg

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:​

Last edited:

clinton666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know for a fact 90% of you retards here are too poor to own a car.

So Quit complaining!:mad:

Go and complain about your MRT instead..You morons make me sick:oIo:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
STEP 1:

Singapore would replenish S$4.5b from reserves in 2 to 3 years: Lim Swee Say

SINGAPORE : NTUC’s Secretary General Lim Swee Say has said he is confident that Singapore will be able to replenish the S$4.5 billion drawn from the reserves over two to three years.

http://news.xin.msn.com/en/singapore/article.aspx?cp-documentid=4250540

Sorrow Lim is right...Cut cost to save job. What he neber say is cut cost by replacing sinkie with ft...job save...co survive...gdp goes up...papayas pat ea other on their back and tok bout how much they gonna get for nxt yr salary adjustment...:wink::biggrin:

macky888

Alfrescian
Loyal
soon they will raise season parking as well...!!!

i dun see how increasing the rates by 100% will help. The car is already there it needs somewhere to be parked... where else can it hide?? pray tell me... :oIo:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i dun see how increasing the rates by 100% will help. The car is already there it needs somewhere to be parked... where else can it hide?? pray tell me... :oIo:

Yeah. Next or maybe on 1st Jan 2011 monthly parking fee will increase by at least 20%.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We all know this is not about solving the car park problem.... not at all... And i agree with you.. this seems like a prelude to season parking raising as well...