• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nina Theresa kpkb Prudential Insurance!

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Everyone, I would like to share and prevent others who would fall into the same situtation as what me and my family had experienced.

My mom had an existing policy from prudential with cash rider 100% coverage for accident plan since 2016. However in 2019, my mom realise this agent did not respond to her questions when she needed some clarifications. Lets call her agent P.

I knew an insurance agent from my previous work in GE as a friend in 2019 june-july, so lets call her agent J. So since agent P did not respond to my mom, i introduced this friend to my mom. My mom did not sign the policy straightaway. She met up with agent J a few times in 2019 before deciding to sign a policy in feb 2020. During 2019 the few times she met up with agent J, my mom told agent J face to face what her medical condition is. E.g. asthma, scoliosis operation when she was 12 years old. Also she was having headaches and knee pain and was consulting a doctor about these issues in sept 2019. She repeatedly asked agent J to input her medical conditions to GE. When my mom asked agent J if she checked and input her medical conditions? She told my mom yes, not to worry. My mom was still worried, so she ask agent J to check on her side if GE will accept her policy before signing the contract while her prudential policy is still active. My mom then asked agent J if she need to undergo health check up since she has such medical conditions and agent J brushed her off saying its not needed yet. Please do note that my mom is 53 this year and only has education level up to primary 6. So she doesnt difficult english words in contracts and I had to work so i cant accompany my mom to meet up with agent J.

In Jan 2020, agent J told her everything is approved and my mom received the policy booklet from GE. So my mom paid her monthly rider to the agent. After another consultation with the doctor in mar 2020, she decided to undergo operation as the headaches and knee pain was too severe.

Doctor then scheduled for the operation date which was in nov 2020 for chiari malformation. Before my mom even scheduled the op date, she told agent J multiple times face to face that she had to undergo surgery and asked if it would be covered by GE. Agent J told her multiple times that she doesnt need to worry, just go for her op. Even after admission, she called agent J again which again she replied that she had double checked. She suggested to my mom to either stay class A ward or private ward. My mom chose to stay class A ward as it is quieter.

After operation, she visited my mom. And told her to focus on recovery. In Dec 2020, a day after my mom was discharged from hospital, she told my mom there is an issue with the claim. And will take sometime for GE to process the claim and not to worry. She told us she would help us to get financial assistance from government. After a few weeks i messaged agent P and she told us this is an unusual case, so it will take longer and after this claim, my mom can file another claim get up to $30k since she stayed in hospital for a month. My mom was happy that she could get 30k because she could utilize this to pay for housing rent, groceries etc. Then her world came crashing down when she was mailed the cheque for cash rider refund and GE didnt want to insure her. I messaged agent P and she said the claim failed but we can appeal again and told us to wait awhile more due to the process and continue to apply for financial aid. Even though the claim failed, my mom did pay her monthly cash rider every month.

This dragged on till sept 2021 and and this is obviously trying to drag our time and forget our case. We went down to GE customer service to seek explanation but the CS told us the policy had already lapsed in feb 2021! Nothing has been done since the lapse and CS told us that GE rejected our policy due to medical condition hidden from them and therefore they will not insure us! Everything she told agent J, she did not input ANYTHING AT ALL.

So we went to FIDREC and they told us we have to pay a fee to continue to seek for compensation from GE. We didnt continue to engage FIDREC as the chance of winning is not high because everything was done face to face during meet up with agent J and also we do not have black and white. Who the hell will do a voice recorder whenever they meet someone? How can we provide proof of what we had discussed during the meet up?

My mom till date is not working as her condition is still not fit to be working. She has told me she does not have hope in purchasing insurance anymore. Hospital will deduct the remaining bill of $12k from me and my sister's medisave.

We do not want anyone to fall into situation like us, or even worse, death happened and family cant get insurance payout. She might have really wanted to increase her quota in sales, but is this really a way to sell an insurance policy? I strongly urge everyone to check their insurance policy now and update every single medical condition u might have or u would end up like me. If anyone could assist in our case, please pm me.
Thank you, and appreciate if you could share this post around.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prudential started out as a Christian insurance company in the 80s but has been a sinful insurance company as time goes by.