• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Newbie questions

wwe007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: couple looking to move to Leisure Farm

Hello everybody here :smile:
I want to find out , which part of JB should i stay at , area , street name or whatever . Totally know nuts about JB , wish to purchase a Condo there and work in singapore.
please do contribute .
thank you ... heeheess

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

I want to find out , which part of JB should i stay at , area , street name or whatever . Totally know nuts about JB , wish to purchase a Condo there and work in singapore.
please do contribute .
thank you ... heeheess

u work near 2nd link or causeway??

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

please do contribute .
thank you ... heeheess

Probably like what Buta posted, state where you are working and your budget. Sounds like you will be joining folks here for the daily commute.

wwe007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Probably like what Buta posted, state where you are working and your budget. Sounds like you will be joining folks here for the daily commute.

Yes wuqi bro n thanks buta.
i will be quite active in this thread. the location i work at are not stable. most of the time will be around clementi or orchard area. i will wish to travel from woodland check point to JB. anw i saw this twin galaxy condo. izzit still available?

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal

i will be quite active in this thread. the location i work at are not stable. most of the time will be around clementi or orchard area. i will wish to travel from woodland check point to JB. anw i saw this twin galaxy condo. izzit still available?

u may start ur recee work by checking out the popular developments, eg. UEM east ledang, horizon hills, Setia 88, sky loft, Danga bay . . .

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some info u need to aid you in your decision:
1) Staying alone or with family? Any kids?
2) Driving or taking public transport?
3) Why first link if you work around Clementi? 2nd link will be much quicker
4) Budget. As bro wuqi had previously mentioned, for own-stay, it's probably better to get landed (gated & guarded).

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good Morning

My wife and I (Philippina and British) are shortly going to relocate from Abu Dhabi in the Middle East to JB. We have viewed several properties and have narrowed down to LF or HH. We truly like LF and have found a very nice Bungalow on Polo View however i have a few questions and was hoping for some feedback from anyone who resides in this area. Sorry for the questions and appreciate your help:smile:

1. What is the internet connection like in this area, are there any issues?
2. If anyone knows what the traveling time is from LF to Singapore Airport?
3. Are there any restaurants in LF or close by, anywhere a thirsty man (and his wife) can get a beer?
4. Can we get a taxi into JB if we want or does anyone know if its possible to hire a driver?
5. Any other general advise you can help with.

Thanks very much for any help you can give us.

James and Josie

Hi James n Josie,

Actually most of the answer can be obtained by Lf sales office. The bale club which is located at the equastrain is just right opposite polo view, they serves breakfast, lunch, dinner n happy hours ends at 9 or 10pm. It's safe since its still with the resort. There is a taxi service too. Most of the utilities bills can b settle at the main office too. May I know you were looking at new or resale, as polo view has only two units, but not sure if it's the one you are referring.

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Which will you buy? Condo near CIQ or condo near 2nd link for investment?

Finally today I received the state consent letter from my laywer after 6 and half months.Looking forward to the progress payment letter liao.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Finally today I received the state consent letter from my laywer after 6 and half months.Looking forward to the progress payment letter liao.

gd leh, at least u save some interests

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal

May I know when I will be issued with a copy of the SPA.I sign the SPA on Feb together with the state consent application and paid the levy and 10% of the purchase price

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

mine was delayed a few mths until i keep going after e lawyer . so u can ask yr lawyer or developer who is holding e documents.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I signed the SPA for the unit I bought in SEG, the lawyer was present and I paid the state consent application fees to the lawyer at the same time. An official reciept for the payment from the lawyer's company was issued, so I did not think much of it then. Thankfully, the application went through quite smoothly and I received the approval letter after about 2 months or so.

I heard from a friend who is gg to buy a semi aro 500k at SEG that it is only 5k down and no payment till completion. He is chio-ing me and I think he got some other kakis as well to invest.

Do you have any comment regarding this new phase?

wwe007

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some info u need to aid you in your decision:
1) Staying alone or with family? Any kids?
2) Driving or taking public transport?
3) Why first link if you work around Clementi? 2nd link will be much quicker
4) Budget. As bro wuqi had previously mentioned, for own-stay, it's probably better to get landed (gated & guarded).

I will be staying alone and i still not sure whether can i buy a car in malaysia and just drive in and out to work purpose only . i actually find out from a few malaysian friend , they say that singaporean are totally not allow to buy car at all .

The reason i wish to take woodland checkpoint is , for me easier to find my family and also i need to go changi work too .
I quite confuse , so you recommend me to buy landed property then condo ? but i suppose that condo is much safer ?
what are your suggestion ?

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will be staying alone and i still not sure whether can i buy a car in malaysia and just drive in and out to work purpose only . i actually find out from a few malaysian friend , they say that singaporean are totally not allow to buy car at all .

The reason i wish to take woodland checkpoint is , for me easier to find my family and also i need to go changi work too .
I quite confuse , so you recommend me to buy landed property then condo ? but i suppose that condo is much safer ?

Hi

If I were in your position, I will think how often I will visit my family in woodlands, if it's not as frequent as daily, than I will go for one which is nearer to my work place since I need to travel to work daily. Singaporean are allow to buy a car in Jb but not allow to drive the Jb car into Singapore. I would choose Hh if I am not driving as there is buses direct to Singapore n there are a lot of car pooling from hh to Singapore too. Invest in a cheap car to bring you around Jb.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

For home stay, I feel landed (gated & guarded) is better because JB condo prone to maintenance issues. Also, in terms of price/value viewpt, condos are more ex than landed. Buying a Malaysian car is not an issue but you cant drive to SG. If I were you, I may choose to buy a cheap 2nd hand SG car for work/travel to SG.

Though I am not a Horizon Hills owner, I feel HH is pretty suited to your needs, being close to 1st & 2nd link; and security is gd. I do take your point that you are staying alone, so upkeep could be an issue if you buy a double storey terrace. For condos, Setia Sky 88 has been advertising a feeder bus to chkpt, so perhaps you would like to check that out. Century area is not v safe though......