• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New Straits Times: Ringgit hits new low against Singapore dollar

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ringgit hits new low against Singapore dollar​

https://www.nst.com.my/business/eco...ringgit-hits-new-low-against-singapore-dollar

KUALA LUMPUR: The ringgit recorded a new daily low against Singapore dollar as the latter currency strengthened amid the rise of the US dollar.

At 3pm, the ringgit stood at 3.5333 level against the Singapore dollar. The last recorded daily low was on Dec 13, at 3.5328.

With the higher value of the Singapore dollar, it is not surprising that many Malaysians cross the Johor Strait to earn salaries in Singapore dollar because the higher exchange rate provides an opportunity to increase their net savings.

Meanwhile, Singaporeans will flood into Malaysia for tourism and shopping.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
by 2025 cny, it will be S$1=RM4
1MDB version 2

Singapore HSR will dwarf 1MDB's RM42b losses
By the time the high-speed rail (HSR) link to Singapore, currently priced at an estimated RM100 billion, is finished in 10 years or so, the cost would have escalated to perhaps more than twice that at some RM200 billion.

https://www.malaysiakini.com/columns/694029
Projected RM100 Billion - RM3000 per pax in Malaysia and project over-runs likely
>RM200 Billion likely

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No worries, things in JB aren't too cheap these days. You need to go far north to some rural areas to experience the full purchasing potential of your powerful Sinkie dollar. :biggrin:

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worries, things in JB aren't too cheap these days. You need to go far north to some rural areas to experience the full purchasing potential of your powerful Sinkie dollar. :biggrin:
Before Covid, i used to tapao RM0.30 potato curry puffs back to Singapore.

Show how much we are paying for rentals and labour in Singapore. Cost of ingredients is damn low.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
An easy barometer of inflation in JB is the price of ang ku kueh sold at City Square, near the entrance with the bridge linking to CIQ.

Those who go JB regularly and buy that will know.
I only been there once. Remember it was like Singapore's malls and many photo studios.

What is it about their ang ku kueh?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ringgit hits new low against Singapore dollar​

https://www.nst.com.my/business/eco...ringgit-hits-new-low-against-singapore-dollar

KUALA LUMPUR: The ringgit recorded a new daily low against Singapore dollar as the latter currency strengthened amid the rise of the US dollar.

At 3pm, the ringgit stood at 3.5333 level against the Singapore dollar. The last recorded daily low was on Dec 13, at 3.5328.

With the higher value of the Singapore dollar, it is not surprising that many Malaysians cross the Johor Strait to earn salaries in Singapore dollar because the higher exchange rate provides an opportunity to increase their net savings.

Meanwhile, Singaporeans will flood into Malaysia for tourism and shopping.
Steal lunch is a better deal now

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then .....
SG$1 = RM6 or more.
The richer Malaysian Chinese are closely aligned with China. These Malaysian-Chinese businessmen exploit the locals and nations resources, bribe the royalties and politicians.

I had experienced them humiliating and insulting the poorer bumis at workplace. These folks will enjoy their stay in Malaysia and hide their money in Singapore and SGD.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
The richer Malaysian Chinese are closely aligned with China. These Malaysian-Chinese businessmen exploit the locals and nations resources, bribe the royalties and politicians.

I had experienced them humiliating and insulting the poorer bumis at workplace. These folks will enjoy their stay in Malaysia and hide their money in Singapore and SGD.
They are all here...at Orchard Rd and Bt Timah Rd