• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever you may have heard im sure you misintrrperrt it.. Strata is strata cannot just convert to individual. What is likely your salesgirl meant is that after 5 years from signing of spa the jmb takes over from setia. It will still remain strata.. Whether good or not will be seen in future.

What makes you so sure I misinterpret and not Setia staff gave misinformation? Are Setia staff infallible? Fyi this individual title thing is not what I interpreted but what I was told. Basically, I was asking whether can do house extension and was told that the agreement to maintain the facade is only for 5 years and after that they'll let the house owners decide (via voting) - whether to retain strata or change to individual title - if the owners so decide to change to individual title then would be able to do house extension. Now that you say that strata will be strata, it does seem weird can change to individual title and do house extension, but if strata will be strata, then the Setia staff should answer no extension whatsoever will be allowed forever but that was not the case.

Also I am not saying strata is not good, strata does have its advantages too. Normally strata should not allow any extension as the exteriors like the roof and painting are all take care by the management committee, so every five years or so there is a need to carry out major repair and painting taken from the sinking fund. So any roof leaking for the landed strata would be take care by the committee and not individual owners and that is alot less hassle for the owners.

Last edited:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now with govt austerity measures I doubt there will be much push to start a third link.
Even the MRT seems to be off the table. Never seem to hear anything about it.

With the 2nd Link so under utilised, the 3rd link, if ever built will be very welcomed by all the CIQ officers - nothing much to do and can play computer games all day all night long.
Why the Causeway is always jammed is because people just wanted to go to JB town to shop and it doesn't make sense to go to JB town via 2nd Link.
So those who uses the 2nd Link are usually proceeding to go up north eg to KL or going to Bukit Indah and the nearby areas.
So, spend so much $$$$ for the 3rd link for WHAT?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
What makes you so sure I misinterpret and not Setia staff gave misinformation? Are Setia staff infallible? Fyi this individual title thing is not what I interpreted but what I was told. Basically, I was asking whether can do house extension and was told that the agreement to maintain the facade is only for 5 years and after that they'll let the house owners decide (via voting) - whether to retain strata or change to individual title - if the owners so decide to change to individual title then would be able to do house extension. Now that you say that strata will be strata, it does seem weird can change to individual title and do house extension, but if strata will be strata, then the Setia staff should answer no extension whatsoever will be allowed forever but that was not the case.

Also I am not saying strata is not good, strata does have its advantages too. Normally strata should not allow any extension as the exteriors like the roof and painting are all take care by the management committee, so every five years or so there is a need to carry out major repair and painting taken from the sinking fund. So any roof leaking for the landed strata would be take care by the committee and not individual owners and that is alot less hassle for the owners.

or setia staff gave misinformation, yes. they sometimes give misleading info. .

Strata title means common consensus. So you're right. After 5 years, setia will hand over to JMB. After that, our residents who form the committee will run the show, and we put it to a vote to ammend the by laws. Hence, the residents may decide, in due course, to allow extensions to the facade, or whatever changes in by laws - such as decreasing the maintenance fee or increasing, and so on. pretty much similar to singapore condo living. It will still remain strata. Strata means strata title, it can't be converted to individual lot, because then , who owns the land and roads and swimming pool But strata means ruling by committee and consensus, so we can change our own by law to allow extensions. Nothing to do with it being strata or not.

Also, I'm not defending strata or individual. i really don't know which is better. depends on one's needs.

edited: for eg: this may happen to old individual titled tamans where impromptu formed G&G schemes were implemented: (just saw this on star news): http://www.starproperty.my/index.ph...ates-and-barriers-in-three-pj-neighbourhoods/
http://www.starproperty.my/index.ph...ake-down-illegal-guard-booths-and-boom-gates/

roof leak for landed strata , take care from sinking fund? hmm. doesn't sound right. I believe it won't be. . from some other thread in SB here, I read that even cost of painting of the house external wall will be borne by individual owners, not from sinking fund (but we have to follow the color code given to maintain a uniform facade).

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the 2nd Link so under utilised, the 3rd link, if ever built will be very welcomed by all the CIQ officers - nothing much to do and can play computer games all day all night long.
Why the Causeway is always jammed is because people just wanted to go to JB town to shop and it doesn't make sense to go to JB town via 2nd Link.
So those who uses the 2nd Link are usually proceeding to go up north eg to KL or going to Bukit Indah and the nearby areas.

I think 2nd link is getting bad jams. Unlikely to have 3rd link.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think 2nd link is getting bad jams. Unlikely to have 3rd link.

But the 2nd Link is still very much under utilised most of the time.
Except for the short peak hour durations, just take a look at it anytime in the day or night on the real-time traffic camera at Tuas, its usually empty with cars.
Even with reduced charges, its has still not successful in diverting the heavy traffic from the Causeway.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Except for the short peak hour durations, just take a look at it anytime in the day or night on the real-time traffic camera at Tuas, its usually empty with cars.
Even with reduced charges, its has still not successful in diverting the heavy traffic from the Causeway.

Usually I encounter some queue. As long as there is a queue, it has reached its capacity.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
In SG, strata and individual titled landed properties are not considered of the same class and thus the price differential. Just sharing based on what I heard from friends who own landed properties. The same may not apply in JB. Anyway for JB strata like Setia Eco Cascadia, i heard from the sales staff previously that after 5 years they will let the owners decide whether to revert to individual title, so the agreement signed to maintain facade is for 5 yeras only.

The 'price differential' is not valid in most cases. Note that Strata is priced psf (built up) whereas individual is priced psf (land). In SG, for the same piece of land size, the built up can be a few times more, hence lower strata psf.

Very few people realize this difference and hence many will make judgement by comparing apples with oranges.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 'price differential' is not valid in most cases. Note that Strata is priced psf (built up) whereas individual is priced psf (land). In SG, for the same piece of land size, the built up can be a few times more, hence lower strata psf.

Very few people realize this difference and hence many will make judgement by comparing apples with oranges.

that's right. one may be a joint owner sharing a parcel of land in strata titled development, but it is joint owner of a bigger piece of land, not just the land the house is built on. One is also the joint owner of the roads, park, and the land on which sits the pool, clubhouse, etc. so , you may say that one owns more land.

Last edited:

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, that's for now.
Wait till all the condos in PH and Medini are ready in 5-10 yrs' time. Even those staying in Danga bay will use 2nd link if causeway jams becomes even worse by then. Unless those sending kids to schools in Sg don't mind leaving their houses at 4am or even earlier. So 3rd link is really a must!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

So those people currently put off by the long jams at causeway will make that trip? Reduce the peak traffic for those who need to daily commute.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal

By just looking at the real-time traffic camera at Tuas is not accurate..
Sometimes the jam is over at m'sia custom side. Esp. on Sat/Sun, the long Q can be as long as 1-2km.. even worst then JB custom

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes the jam is over at m'sia custom side. Esp. on Sat/Sun, the long Q can be as long as 1-2km.. even worst then JB custom

I would rather stuck at the queue at causeway.

Queue can be very bad at Tuas. I was once stuck 4 hours in the stupid queue. From then on, i never ever ever choose Tuas.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

In SG context, I feel the ability to rebuild also plays a part in determining the price leh. But I haven't visited enough landed projects in SG to get a clearer picture. My 'gut feel' is that all things being equal, individual titles will still carry a premium in SG compared to strata. That's just my gut feel though.....

However, I do have Singaporean friends who do not like SG strata-titled because of the inability to demolish and rebuild though. For Malaysia context, I guess that's only an issue come 30 years down the road, as strata titled landed is still a relatively new concept here.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

You have to take into consideration about the toll car has to pay when using the expressway. It not worth it.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would rather stuck at the queue at causeway.

Queue can be very bad at Tuas. I was once stuck 4 hours in the stupid queue. From then on, i never ever ever choose Tuas.

That's why by just looking at the real-time camera at Tuas and concluded that 2nd link is under utilized & the road is empty.. is quite stupid

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

actually i found that if the singapore side woodlands cam traffic is clear, the JB side even if stretch across the whole causeway, takes "only" about 1/2 hour (or less) to clear. not really that awful. i can imagine how pissed off i would be if i had to pay higher toll and get stuck 4 hours at tuas!

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
For Malaysia context, I guess that's only an issue come 30 years down the road, as strata titled landed is still a relatively new concept here.

you mean "there" , right? looks like you've already started thinking like a malaysian since moving house.. hahaha

Last edited:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Still remember the time when MY first introduced the fingerprint recognition thingy, the jam on MY side at one time was more than 7 hours!
So with the same amount of traffic going thru at both 2nd Link CIQ at the same time, when one is smooth flowing while the other is having heavy jam, then the problem lies with the CIQ management on that side.
Just like when returning to SG, you need to stop the car, open the car boot and let the officer check etc is slowing the flow.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still remember the time when MY first introduced the fingerprint recognition thingy, the jam on MY side at one time was more than 7 hours!
So with the same amount of traffic going thru at both 2nd Link CIQ at the same time, when one is smooth flowing while the other is having heavy jam, then the problem lies with the CIQ management on that side.
Just like when returning to SG, you need to stop the car, open the car boot and let the officer check etc is slowing the flow.

MY implement new technology surely will experience severe teething issues. it's the "style".

Last edited: