• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The Epic :smile:

I also think flipping in JB carries too much risks. for me, buying one for the experience and as a holiday home for my notti adventures is justifiable. otherwise the money gets spent anyway on alcohol or watches or other misc activities.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This area not even on my radar......

I cannot concentrate on so many area in just one city. Anyway the 3 condos I own are 400m apart of each other.

Puteri harbour is only 0.7 km= highly desirable.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Buying in JB is complex topic, which is also the same as buying properties everywhere. To me, it is not just abt the absolute distance from CIQ but a combination of a few things:-

1) Proximity to checkpt (if driving, I think 20 km to checkpt is ok)
2) Amenities & road infrastructure
3) Price
4) Unique selling point (eg sea view, golf course view)
5) Worksmanship & profile of developer
6) Profile of people staying in the Taman.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Buying in JB is complex topic, which is also the same as buying properties everywhere. To me, it is not just abt the absolute distance from CIQ but a combination of a few things:-

1) Proximity to checkpt (if driving, I think 20 km to checkpt is ok)

Which mean you will buy Senai from CIQ. Exactly 20km.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Which mean you will buy Senai from CIQ. Exactly 20km.

For me, it doesnt pass (2) Amenities & road infrastructure and (6) Profile of people staying in the Taman.

EDIT: From google map, it is 34 km to CIQ leh.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

But I thought living in JBCC itself is considered very 复杂?

Good for renting out. Self stay is a bit different, I will buy outside but still highly accessible to e highway leading to the
first or 2nd links. 15 min by car to e links is my maximum time.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Horizon Hills Terrace

Horizon Hills will be launching "The Valley West Precinct" new phase 6B1/6B2 for registration which consists of

6B1 ( 24' x 75' ) Indicative Price from RM1 mil onward

2 storey Link House intermediate, build up 2,537 sf
2 storey Link House Corner, build up 2,622 sf

6B2 ( 22' x 75' ) Indicative Price from RM900k onward

2 storey Link House intermediate, build up 2,361 sf
2 storey Link House Corner, build up 2,643 sf

Am not buying anymore but I think this is still a good deal especially if you get units below 1M.

aliensmotor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Horizon Hills Terrace

Still a good buy.. Will visit showroom this weekend

Horizon Hills will be launching "The Valley West Precinct" new phase 6B1/6B2 for registration which consists of

6B1 ( 24' x 75' ) Indicative Price from RM1 mil onward

2 storey Link House intermediate, build up 2,537 sf
2 storey Link House Corner, build up 2,622 sf

6B2 ( 22' x 75' ) Indicative Price from RM900k onward

2 storey Link House intermediate, build up 2,361 sf
2 storey Link House Corner, build up 2,643 sf

Am not buying anymore but I think this is still a good deal especially if you get units below 1M.

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good for renting out. Self stay is a bit different, I will buy outside but still highly accessible to e highway leading to the
first or 2nd links. 15 min by car to e links is my maximum time.

Hey guys.. I strongly believe that the rental mkt is not proven.. So won't say that investing in iskandar (note: speifically zone A) is good for rental returns.

The key mkt for rental I believe is still in SG.

Eg. You bought a2bedder apartment in jb city centre. It may cost rm1 mil, thereabouts. at interest rate of 4.25% and a loan tenure of 35 years will mean a monthly instalment of rm3.6k.

Let's analyse the potential people who will rent from you.....

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey guys.. I strongly believe that the rental mkt is not proven.. So won't say that investing in iskandar (note: speifically zone A) is good for rental returns.

The key mkt for rental I believe is still in SG.

Eg. You bought a2bedder apartment in jb city centre. It may cost rm1 mil, thereabouts. at interest rate of 4.25% and a loan tenure of 35 years will mean a monthly instalment of rm3.6k.

Let's analyse the potential people who will rent from you.....

So firstly safest for Singaporean to buy and use for retirement. Then fot those with extra money, buy one for weekend homes also safe. Still get to use if cannot flip or rent. Appreciation would be bonus.

Next, those intending to get extra income from their Singapore homes from Sg rental since got option of a second home.

Then those intending to invest for capital gain while using rental to help pay for installment. Must have spare cash to fork out when rental yield is low while waiting for capital gain provided you bought an expat favour location. Still ok and can tahan.

Next is to buy for flipping. This will depends on market sentiment when it is time to flip. Especially if no spare cash, it will be show hand.

Iskandar is getting interesting.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Foreigner ABSD of 4-5% coming into effect soon for JB market?

PASIR GUDANG: The state government will unveil a new policy on foreign buyers of commercial and residential properties here in a bid to control property prices and foreign ownership by the end of the year or early next year.

State Housing and Local Government Committee chairman Datuk Abdul Latiff Bandi told reporters here after launching the two-day Green Industrial 2013 seminar at Amansari Residence Resort here today that foreigners will be imposed a four to five per cent tax based on the value of the property.

"Currently foreign owners have to pay a one-off RM10,000 levy regardless of the price of the property," Abdul Latiff said.

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/foreigners-who-buy-property-in-johor-will-pay-4-5pc-tax-1.370926

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow. That's not too good. Hopefully the changes won't be too drastic. Pple are just starting to come in.hopefully the govt won't kill the golden goose before it starts laying eggs.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Senai is heating up. Quite a lot of big MNC factories are setting up there.

Do u mind sharing which mnc are going there?

The rental situation is not too bad, already have 3 foreigners interested in austin height. Just missed one German today cause still waiting for state consent and could not contact the agent or seller for the keys. Hope they did not cheat me of my 10% down payment. Must keep chasing the lawyers and seller have not paid her tax so cannot apply for state consent yet.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

You just cannot compare one to one with Singapore landed properties.

The prices in Singapore is out of this world liao . Bungalows just opposite Senibong cove at Sembawang is asking for 7 million leasehold 99 years.

Do u think I should sell my landed terrace in Singapore or hold on to it as it is freehold. Afraid of singapore going into 10 years of deflation like Japan.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wow. That's not too good. Hopefully the changes won't be too drastic. Pple are just starting to come in.hopefully the govt won't kill the golden goose before it starts laying eggs.

Actually cooling measures are good to prevent property bubble from bursting and many getting burnt, iskandar property and singapore property are in a bubble state, singapore worse bubble than iskandar. Should have bought USA property when it was dirt cheap, Europe May also be good. Good to buy when country in economic crisis then when it recovers, can make a profit. Provided it can recover as first world country like Japan goes into deflation for many years. So I think best to buy developing countries who have good prospects of becoming a developed country soon.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do u mind sharing which mnc are going there?

The rental situation is not too bad, already have 3 foreigners interested in austin height. Just missed one German today cause still waiting for state consent and could not contact the agent or seller for the keys. Hope they did not cheat me of my 10% down payment. Must keep chasing the lawyers and seller have not paid her tax so cannot apply for state consent yet.

There are already quite a number there, and I read elsewhere that some Singapore companies are also going there. You can check out some of the companies indirectly here: http://my.jobscrib.com/Mnc-jobs-in-Senai.html

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Image.jpg

This is my 20km view from CIQ. Also google earth map.

For me, it doesnt pass (2) Amenities & road infrastructure and (6) Profile of people staying in the Taman.

EDIT: From google map, it is 34 km to CIQ leh.