• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Update on Austin Heights -
Water Theme Park is confirmed and construction is starting soon (or has just started).
Phase one of Austin Heights 2 left a numer of semi-ds selling at MYR $1 mil to $1.1 mil.
Can checkout the row of semi-ds facing the town park. Land is lower than the other units, but still higher than the surrounding roads and area outside the development. 2nd floor will have good, unblock view. Those nearer the golf course will have golf course view too:-).Units at this row are also bigger (40x90), BU 3689 sqft. Was told phase 2 launch later this year...

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
was at Tropez last weekend. Saw a malaysian guide with a group to prc chinese shopping for properties. Spoke with the guide and he told us that more prc chinese are buying properties in jb and many are super rich...

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirm SKY88 first tower open for booking at Setia Tropica sales office. 10k fee. Abt 12% discount, interest free till TOP.
Expensive, but many many units taken liao !

Went to V-summerplace too. The plot is actually behind the sales office. Future development (if any) at the sales office land will block units facing Spore. This is a big minus for me. Very surprise with the high take up. Almost all lower units sold. Hard to believe....

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw a group of China folks doing MACS at IRAS office..

was at Tropez last weekend. Saw a malaysian guide with a group to prc chinese shopping for properties. Spoke with the guide and he told us that more prc chinese are buying properties in jb and many are super rich...

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirm SKY88 first tower open for booking at Setia Tropica sales office. 10k fee. Abt 12% discount, interest free till TOP.
Expensive, but many many units taken liao !

Went to V-summerplace too. The plot is actually behind the sales office. Future development (if any) at the sales office land will block units facing Spore. This is a big minus for me. Very surprise with the high take up. Almost all lower units sold. Hard to believe....

Lower level, CIQ facing units are good for rentals. Because they are cheaper.
IMHO, rentals doesn't go up much for high floor with good view.
High floor good view is for capital appreciation.
Furthermore, the lower level are cheaper, so bigger segment of people can afford it.
Anyway, V-summerplace target is people working in Singapore and also those who wants to bet on future MRT

Last edited:

pslim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lower level, CIQ facing units are good for rentals. Because they are cheaper.
IMHO, rentals doesn't go up much for high floor with good view.
High floor good view is for capital appreciation.
Furthermore, the lower level are cheaper, so bigger segment of people can afford it.
Anyway, V-summerplace target is people working in Singapore and also those who wants to bet on future MRT
How about skysuite next to v.summer place. Worth considering?

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
My view is that skysuite is better in terms of location vs summerplace. But u never know what will come up in the plot of land across the road,i.e.tanjung puteri. There is speculation that the RTS terminal cld be here or under the KTM (beside city square). Depends on the engineering study to be completed by end year.

For sure the RTS terminal will be in JB sentral. Hence any development near existing CIQ shld benefit. Still no news on Peter Lim's medical hub (ZON vicinity) . Once plans firmed up, will have positive impact too.

pslim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks !.

Actually vsummer is just diagonally behind skysuite....they are quite near to each other.

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Off topic a little.
I just came back from holiday trip at Melaka.
I was staying at the Holiday Inn overseeing the sea. They have an infinity pool, quite good.
From my room, I could see the abandon Pulau Melaka. Other than some eyesore land reclaiming, the view was quite fantastic.
I heard from locals that property prices at Melaka went up quite a lot, especially those new shophouses in the reclaim land.
Local Chinese seems to believe if the opposition wins the election, property prices will go up further.
Currently I think the city is quite empty during weekdays and only come to life during weekends.
There are quite a lot of new developments there. Eg the Hatten city, silverscape is strongly advertised in Sg.
There are also some new landed properties development at Keroh Ayer as well.
I went to the Melaka Wonderland (water theme park). From there I could see some western styled bungalow.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eg the Hatten city, silverscape is strongly advertised in Sg.

There are also some new landed properties development at Keroh Ayer as well.
I went to the Melaka Wonderland (water theme park). From there I could see some western styled bungalow.

Hatten? But human traffic quite low right? Tat wat i heard. Window shop only..

Melaka wonderland? Where is it located, bro?

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hatten? But human traffic quite low right? Tat wat i heard. Window shop only..

Melaka wonderland? Where is it located, bro?

Hatten trying to sell their shop lot beside their hotel. I think quite risky because I heard human traffic is only at lot during weekend.
I did not go to the shopping mall beside their hotel. I'm not sure of the traffic. But I went to their Dataran Pahlawan mall this morning and it is quite crowded.

Mekaka Wonderland is near their zoo at Keroh Ayer. It is sort of their "new town". But who wants to go new town right? Everyone goes Melaka to see their Old town lah.
I went there yesterday and whole place is almost deserted. Me and my family has the whole theme park by ourselves. Do the water slide until my backside pain. Also got slide for float too. Water a bit dirty, maintenance still ok because it is quite new. Melaka like to build these type of attraction that no one goes.

And of cos the traffic at Melaka City center is quite horrible. Their road planning will make anyone faint... But I guess their have lots of old buildings they want to preserve so no choice. But still, I think they can do better.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, no doubt mall crowded. But heard most window shop. Almost bought a unit at one of the hotel tere. Service apt they call it. At Palawan itself. But recce the traffic, macam not tat suitable leh.

Melaka theme park. One day go jalan jalan with my kids. The last time i used to bring my family to Famosa. Also cant make it lah. Poor maintenance.

Tks bro

Last edited:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw a google map with a list of condo projects.
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=...05423426399845.000496517167dd3b9fa15&t=h&z=12

That inspired me to create a list of JB landed projects that Singaporeans can consider.
Here it is....
http://goo.gl/maps/fgkc8

I'll try to keep it updated & accurate as much as possible.

Excellent piece of work Aisanbo. For many who are unfamiliar with JB properties, this is great help.
I'm looking forward to coastal development near 2nd link. But it seems there are none now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Excellent piece of work Aisanbo. For many who are unfamiliar with JB properties, this is great help.
I'm looking forward to coastal development near 2nd link. But it seems there are none now.

Hi Buta, there is, it is actually from Danga, near to Laguna. :smile:
There are also subsale units from Casa Almyra which is as coastal as it can get as you have a public jetty and SOME units such as bungalows there has private jetties.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, no doubt mall crowded. But heard most window shop. Almost bought a unit at one of the hotel tere. Service apt they call it. At Palawan itself. But recce the traffic, macam not tat suitable leh.

Melaka is actually very nice and has good reputable hospitals there, one of which allows our CPF to be used for medical expenses.
Service apartments are normally out for me, it may be suitable for others though.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
And of cos the traffic at Melaka City center is quite horrible. Their road planning will make anyone faint... But I guess their have lots of old buildings they want to preserve so no choice. But still, I think they can do better.

One lesson i learnt, always go in a small vehicle when going to Melaka. :smile:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Buta, there is, it is actually from Danga, near to Laguna. :smile:
There are also subsale units from Casa Almyra which is as coastal as it can get as you have a public jetty and SOME units such as bungalows there has private jetties.

Thanks for the recommendation, however it is a bit too late as I am in the process of committing my 2nd purchase. So I think I can't lend anymore $ from MY banks liao. .....