• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Maserati

Alfrescian
Loyal
Put it this way.....

Any buyers of any condo in Iskandar from 2008-2012 look like a genius in 2013.

Likewise when you buy any condos in 2013; you will look like a genius in 2020.

There are too many launches. Unlike Singapore where land bank is few and small; developers in JB (IOI, Genting; UEM etc) are holding large amount of land some as cheap as RM2 psf.

Must be very selective as the developers can sell at RM300 to make money. Imagine those condos they intend to sell at RM300; just because of Setia Sky 88; they launch at RM1100.

Play smart. Be choosy. Be very choosy.

Agreed. At current prices, Psf increase will be much slower and investors must be VERY discerning when buying now...

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a very high Precision guy. As far as general investment approach goes, we are similar. But you are incredibly precise.

For example, I just took one look at Iskandar and nixed it. I did not even have the exact psf numbers you have quoted above. All i know is......it looked too big......Big as in...... Gobi Desert...... Kalahari Desert....... Namibia.......Morocco........the Australia Kimberley.......you get the idea?

So, I am more of Gut Feel guy...... an Instinctive trader guy. You are very systematic, very analytical.

We probably both get similar returns on our investments.

Is that really so big? It's less than half of perth. Try not to think of relative size too, the population density is relatively low. 1x HDB's population can easily cover a large area there.

I'm just hoping the prices steadily rise and not too fast which may create social problems.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
any new developments (landed) at bukit indah coming up?

In Horizon Hills they still have landed in The canal. But I understand SP Setia has sold out all current launches. I think they are running out of land. They will be launching Sky Trees( condo) later this year. Bestari heights landed I believe they still have bumi lots for release.

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha; I read my reply and I find out I did not reply your question at all.

If there are 20 to 30 launches in phrases in Danga bay. Just try to be vested in the first 2-3 phrase. Do not enter too late.

Along the way; you will always find people whom kick themselves for not getting in early. Just make sure you are not one of them.

Thanks prof for your words of wisdom, and ever willingness to share.

matx3315

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. I am not swayed by hype. Just went to get the info. There are many projects and in various locations in Zone A as well as B. So we should just go with what's comfortable. My advice to would be investors is don't rush just because price seems to be going up.And make sure you can hold as you can't do subsale for Malaysian properties. Also RGPT ( tax)applies if you sell within 5 years. This means likely have to rent out or flip and give govt part of profits. So its really for mid to long term investors.

If think rental could cover bank loan, think again. Can find so many tenants??
In Singapore my two neighbors who rent out, empty for almost 4 - 6 months oredi. So think harder. Just see how many condos coming up in Iskandar.......

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Quite a few investment stuff coming up soon, not referring to high rise units. Seems like more news are going to be released soon. :smile:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
If think rental could cover bank loan, think again. Can find so many tenants??
In Singapore my two neighbors who rent out, empty for almost 4 - 6 months oredi. So think harder. Just see how many condos coming up in Iskandar.......

I agree the supply is somewhat worrying, not just in Medini but also all over Zones A & B. In Singapore I have owned 2 condos for more than 7 years, never had vacancy loss of more than 2 mths. That's because location is good and we maintain unit well. In Iskandar, I agree a lot isnt proven yet. But when its proven, if its proven, prices would have moved.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree the supply is somewhat worrying, not just in Medini but also all over Zones A & B. In Singapore I have owned 2 condos for more than 7 years, never had vacancy loss of more than 2 mths. That's because location is good and we maintain unit well. In Iskandar, I agree a lot isnt proven yet. But when its proven, if its proven, prices would have moved.

The problem I see , isnt proven yet prices move up a lot ! ( Is that what you trying to say ? )

Last edited:

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem I see , isnt proven yet prices move up a lot ! ( Is that what you trying to say ? )

What I mean is we are buying on potential. I dont know how it will go, only time will tell. On one hand if we enter now, we likely will see more upside as its relatively early for Medini.On other hand if we buy later, we may be more sure of how things are going, but we will have to pay a premium for the 'insurance'. Its like Bukit Indah, those who bought before it was developed, have seen a huge gain, e.g Sky Executuve suites. Ultimately its about risk profile. Are you willing to take more risk for higher gains or prefer to wait till risk level goes down? Of course, sometiems being prudent also saves you money as you can choose to not go in should it be a flop. Certain areas in Nusajaya like around Bukit Indah, East Ledang, there's less doubt. Its also more livable from local point of view. Medini is more a foreign mkt I believe. Tenants are likely to be from the biz area, so the biz area has to take off or it will sink.Would Singaporeans choose to live there, just to stay and commute? I would think they'd prefer an area with more amenities, likewise Malaysians.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Selling like hot cakes
http://www.propertyguru.com.my/en/p...7/Units at Meridin@Medini sell like hot cakes
May 17, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my
By Farah Wahida:

The Meridin@Medini in Iskandar Malaysia sold 446 units with a collective value of RM261 million during its recent preview, reported The New Straits Times.

Astoundingly, 75 percent of the units were sold within just five hours. Out of this figure, 65 percent were purchased by Malaysians, while the rest were bought by foreigners from Singapore, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan and Japan.

“This reflects investors’ confidence in the product, concept, location and our Mah Sing brand name. We shall certainly create a new icon in Medini,” said Tan Sri Datuk Sri Leong Hoy Kum, Group Managing Director cum Group Chief Executive of Mah Sing.

Also sold were 30 lifestyle retail units measuring from 850 sq ft and priced from RM1,000 psf. Most of the buyers were firms that commence qualifying activities before 31 December 2015 as they will be able to register for IDR Status. This grants many incentives such as royalties, income tax, import duty, sales tax, real property gains tax and withholding tax for services.

Developed by Mah Sing Bhd, Meridin@Medini is a purpose-built integrated project located along Persisiran Pantai JB-Nusajaya.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Selling like hot cakes
http://www.propertyguru.com.my/en/p...7/Units at Meridin@Medini sell like hot cakes
May 17, 2013 - PropertyGuru.com.my
By Farah Wahida:

The Meridin@Medini in Iskandar Malaysia sold 446 units with a collective value of RM261 million during its recent preview, reported The New Straits Times.

Astoundingly, 75 percent of the units were sold within just five hours. Out of this figure, 65 percent were purchased by Malaysians, while the rest were bought by foreigners from Singapore, Indonesia, Korea, Taiwan and Japan.

“This reflects investors’ confidence in the product, concept, location and our Mah Sing brand name. We shall certainly create a new icon in Medini,” said Tan Sri Datuk Sri Leong Hoy Kum, Group Managing Director cum Group Chief Executive of Mah Sing.

Also sold were 30 lifestyle retail units measuring from 850 sq ft and priced from RM1,000 psf. Most of the buyers were firms that commence qualifying activities before 31 December 2015 as they will be able to register for IDR Status. This grants many incentives such as royalties, income tax, import duty, sales tax, real property gains tax and withholding tax for services.

Developed by Mah Sing Bhd, Meridin@Medini is a purpose-built integrated project located along Persisiran Pantai JB-Nusajaya.

I think bulk of Malaysians n other foreigners r Singapore PRs, if not how to ballot?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is a show of Malaysian's purchasing power.

If Johorian cannot afford, investors whom already made lots of money in state like KL and Penang will come in to fill the gap.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think bulk of Malaysians n other foreigners r Singapore PRs, if not how to ballot?

There was a VVIP pre launch sale where already got good respond. This was followed by aggressive marketing in Singapore for the remaining units. Rumoured there was overwhelming RM 10K chaques given for the ballot and 99% sold after the ballot.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

I understand Malaysian agencies also collect cheques like for Iskandar Res, Tophills collects over there. Balloting will be done altogether with the Huttons cheques from here.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a show of Malaysian's purchasing power.

If Johorian cannot afford, investors whom already made lots of money in state like KL and Penang will come in to fill the gap.

Johor being a much bigger state that Singapore you will be surprised but many actually are quite well off, even in small towns, not just JB. Small town Johoreans dont spend much as cost of living is low so you may not see their wealth, but many actually have cash and can easily buy a property that is 1M or more. Esp[ecially people in Biz and doctors , lawyers who btw earn a lot more than their Singaporean counterparts.
Singaporeans arent that well off, the average Singaporean is likely a HDB dweller that at most can buy one foreign property. There being many more Malaysians than Singaporeans, chances are there are many more rich Malaysians not in percentage but in real numbers. You'll be surprised, many also invest in London, Australia etc.
People up north prefer to invest up north in KL or Penang, those who come down south may have ties with Johor or have grown up there.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think recent years Singaporeans have been sucked dry by e govt.

The flip side of Malaysia low cost of living is e govt ran into a lot of debts, which wld have to be paid one day, n e lower quality if public service.