• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

nanyang primary suicide

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh no, that's so sad.

chan-chun-sing-singaporean-politician.gif

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
remember last time that was a similar case too and even at her kid's funeral, she was saying like the kid would have gotten A+ or something for the exams...... something like that..... this is exactly the kind of stupid coolie parents mentality lol.....

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exam stress.
Our education system is structured in a way that it creates a multi-billion education industry.
  • For English, if your kids don't go for writing classes, it is almost impossible to get AL1 because school teachers will not teach him time management or how to write a compo systematically.
  • For Chinese,we have raised the standards for CL2. Now parents got to pay $50-80 per lesson for Primary School Chinese classes.
    • P1 Chinese in 2024 is like P3 Level in 1984
    • P3 Chinese in 2024 is like P5 in Level 1984.
  • For Maths & Science, if your kids are not trained in Competition Maths & Science questions (not taugh in school), they can also forget about getting AL1.
  • Then we also have sports coaches, robotics and coding classes that will fast-track your hopeless kids into DSA programmes.
It doesn't mean that if you sent your kids for various $80 per lesson class, they will do well.
But if you don't send them, they will definitely not get AL1.
MOE leaves some things for private education providers to make money.

Then, do we dare to let students opt out of some subjects, For example Chinese?

Many are killing themselves because of Chinese Language. Many Nobel Prize winners will neglect their forte if they grew up in Singapore, because they would be forced to spend >50% of their time studying Chinese or some compulsory subject.

In recent years, our education further emphasis on the importance to torturing kids for what they are weak at. In the past, we can use a stronger subject to up the overall individual PSLE score. Under the new scoring system, you can't.

• If you get 62% for Chinese, 88% for other three subjects, you get 81.5% average under the old system.
  • Now, if you get 62% (AL6) for Chinese, 88% (AL2) for other three subjects (AL2), your total AL is 12. KNN!!! One slightly weaker subject constitutes half of your Total AL Score

Look at the scoring table below, Chee Bye MOE also made students assume that the new passing grade is 65%. If you get 45% or 50%, study hard for what? Improve another 10% also fall within the same AL6 grade.

Maximizing-Your-Childs-PSLE-Score-Tips-for-Understanding-the-AL-Scoring-System-02-NEW.png

Our kids are exponentially punished for weaker subjects, pushing kids to kill themselves.

Last edited:

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nanyang Primary alot of tiongs kids.
In many top primary schools too, like Ai Tong, Tao Nan, Pei Chun, Rosyth too.

Sometimes i wonder, what's the point of serving NS when children of new-citizens or PR qualifies, but my own children or grandchildren (if my daughter marries a foreigner) don't.

Boss @JohnTan told me join RC or PA more important and offers more benefits than serving NS.
so true

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sometimes i wonder, what's the point of serving NS when children of new-citizens or PR qualifies, but my own children or grandchildren (if my daughter marries a foreigner) don't.

Boss @JohnTan told me join RC or PA more important and offers more benefits than serving NS.
so true
Wonder how these kids got in. Through volunteering and donations?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

so true

It also helps if your kid stays within 1 km from the school.