• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nanbeh Singapore A Shangrila!!! You believe???

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How far back does this "ancestry" have to go. There are 4th generation Pakis, Jamaicans and Indians scattered all over the British Isles along with 3rd generation French and Germans.

Prince Charles is 2nd generation Greek but he's the heir to the throne. Is he "English" enough?

A native of the islands. Someone with anglo and saxon origins. Obviously jamaicans and what not don't qualify.

For prince charles if you want to get technical no he wouldn't be considered a native then. Are you sure he's pure greek or just part greek?

In the case of charles let's assume he's pure greek. He doesn't have the mediterrean dark looks but looks like an anglo then obviously ppl would consider him a native but in technical terms no. It's just like a japanese person that took up a chinese name. It's plain obvious chinese isn't his mother tongue but since he has a chinese name and looks chinese ppl would then assume that chinese is his MT. Pretty straightforward but i need to explain it to you to prevent you from twisting things again.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All "English" of Anglo Saxon descent are polluted then. So who's left??? The Celts? Normans? Bretons?

lianbeng replies, "so when English comes to Singapore, it becomes diluted and polluted as Singlish lor! at least that's our native language, our heritage! proud of Singlish!":biggrin:

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
A native of the islands. Someone with anglo and saxon origins. Obviously jamaicans and what not don't qualify.

Why do you take the "Anglo Saxon" period as the cut off? What about those who are descendants of the Norman Invasion of 1066? Are they not not considered as "English"? Would you call them "French" since Normandy is now a region of France?

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
But there is no such race as "English". White English come under the same racial classification as white French and white Germans but they all have distinctly separate "native" tongues.

There's no Chinese "race" either. Chinese, Koreans, Japs, Mongolians etc are collectively classified as Mongoloids.

This concept of a "Chinese", "Indian" and "Malay" RACE was part and parcel of the brainwashing that the British introduced in their colonies as part of their "divide and rule" strategy and which the PAP perpetuated to their own advantage when they took over. I hope you don't have the idea that "Others" is a race too. :rolleyes:

Yes.. Dirty Fucking Brit...

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
lianbeng is shocked!:eek:eek!
ur mother's tongue is english? my mother's tongue belongs to herself only.

wauhahhaaaa!!!!....nanbel lianbeng you can lah!!!...my sinkie's shangrila kana hijacked to mother's tongues liao!!

nanbeh one more time...singapore shangrila or not!!!..lim kopi lah!!!!!!...malulah singabutolah!!!

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the fact that I was BORN in the UK and spent the first 6 years of my childhood there? How do you define a native speaker?

ok la, we all know u are not Asians, happy..??!! Yes, you speak Queen's English, you are considered a white-skinned.. but we all know deep down, u are just feeling insecure about yourself, u double twit.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about the fact that I was BORN in the UK and spent the first 6 years of my childhood there? How do you define a native speaker?

lianbeng is shocked, "so u r a foreigner lah!":eek:
only people born in Singapore are true blue Singaporeans!
get ur ass out of our land!:mad:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why do you take the "Anglo Saxon" period as the cut off? What about those who are descendants of the Norman Invasion of 1066? Are they not not considered as "English"? Would you call them "French" since Normandy is now a region of France?

yes those normans are also considered english too. They greatly influenced many english words. Since they were conquerors they were the masters and hence food served on the table like veal etc were norman in origin.