• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nanbeh Singapore A Shangrila!!! You believe???

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm simply stating a fact. I have no admiration for the English whatsoever. The country is pathetic. The weather is horrible. The inhabitants are ugly and they smell almost as bad as the Ah Nehs.

"Mother tongue" refers to the language spoken at home when I was growing up. It wasn't Chinese. It wasn't Tamil or Hindi. It wasn't Malay. It wasn't French, German, Russian, Spanish, etc. It was plain old ENGLISH spoken as it was on the BBC at the time. I never had the opportunity to learn proper Singlish. I was out of the country for too long during my formative years. I've picked it up along the way but I think it's a sorry mangling of both English and Chinese. It should be banned.

So sam can you speak with a british accent? Cos there's some bloody forummer by the nick name of sleaguepunter that wanted to disprove the claim that i'm english educated if i only had MOE standard of english education. His definition is obviously the ability to speak with a brit accent or something along those lines.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're right. Many Singaporeans speak only English at home. But that's not their native language. At least one of your parents must be already native English speaker first to begin with. Singaporean Chinese parents speaking English, or should I say pretending to speak English, to their children doesn't make it their native language. They do it not for inherent culture. They do it for the perceived commercial value after threee or four generations of English speaking world dominace with the British Emprire followed by US and UK winning two world wars. But I must say, there's nothing superior culturally or linguistically about being considered native English speaker. It's just something hereditary that one happens to be born with. Just like native Chinese speakers and native other language speakers.

I speak fluent english you prick.

Yeah no shit sherlock thanks for stating the obvious. It's also the same when an ang moh's family speaks chinese for generations but he doesn't even have 1 chinese ancestor so it's obvious chinese isn't his mother tongue.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Speaking solely English at home does not make you a native speaker.

How about the fact that I was BORN in the UK and spent the first 6 years of my childhood there? How do you define a native speaker?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about the fact that I was BORN in the UK and spent the first 6 years of my childhood there? How do you define a native speaker?

defined solely by race. Why else would they classify chinese as the mother tongue of students of chinese descent when some of them might have come from baba background and their grandparents probably spoke malay better.

It's actually as simple as this. If you're born malay your MT would be malay and that would be considered your native language even if you have not learn malay before.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
mother tongue. father tongue.singlish.ingrish.

is singapore shangrila or not! come lim my shangrila kopi!!! shiok!

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

personally if you think in English, open ur mouth, automatically talk English = you r a native English speaker - nothing to do with race / nationality.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
defined solely by race.

But there is no such race as "English". White English come under the same racial classification as white French and white Germans but they all have distinctly separate "native" tongues.

There's no Chinese "race" either. Chinese, Koreans, Japs, Mongolians etc are collectively classified as Mongoloids.

This concept of a "Chinese", "Indian" and "Malay" RACE was part and parcel of the brainwashing that the British introduced in their colonies as part of their "divide and rule" strategy and which the PAP perpetuated to their own advantage when they took over. I hope you don't have the idea that "Others" is a race too. :rolleyes:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why should we comply and accept western classification of Mongoloid, Caucaciod and Negroid? They classify is their business. Only to show they're clueless about the differences. We know the differences between Chinese, Mongul, Machu, Korean and Japanese. They're clueless scared shitting in pants by Genghis Khan thats why they just call all Mongoloids LOL

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
We know the differences between Chinese, Mongul, Machu, Korean and Japanese. They're clueless scared shitting in pants by Genghis Khan thats why they just call all Mongoloids LOL

The differences are in language and culture. They aren't racial boundaries.

Some Chinese minorities look like this :

1minority029.jpg
They certainly don't look like the Han tribe. Does that result in them being classified as a different race?

Discard what LKY has taught you. Do your own research about what being "Chinese" actually means. It's more than just a classification on your IC.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But there is no such race as "English". White English come under the same racial classification as white French and white Germans but they all have distinctly separate "native" tongues.

There's no Chinese "race" either. Chinese, Koreans, Japs, Mongolians etc are collectively classified as Mongoloids.

This concept of a "Chinese", "Indian" and "Malay" RACE was part and parcel of the brainwashing that the British introduced in their colonies as part of their "divide and rule" strategy and which the PAP perpetuated to their own advantage when they took over. I hope you don't have the idea that "Others" is a race too. :rolleyes:

You're Bull shitting again. There is an english race. An english man is someone that comes from england. Someone who claims ancestry from those areas and from the UK would have their native language defined as english. Period. Same for other races.

In the context of others. The native language of said person of mixed ancestry would be the race of his male parent. This is defined in sg's laws. If said person isn't one of the 4 main races they'll try to group the race of the person closest to the 3 main races. Hence a javanese would be considered a malay, a manchurian or tibetian would be considered chinese. I believe they leave japanese and surprisingly don't group north indians with southern indians. Ok this is OOT.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The differences are in language and culture. They aren't racial boundaries.

Some Chinese minorities look like this :

They certainly don't look like the Han tribe. Does that result in them being classified as a different race?

Discard what LKY has taught you. Do your own research about what being "Chinese" actually means. It's more than just a classification on your IC.

You retard this has been discussed countless number of times on this forum. Ramseth considers all the native races residing in china as chinese. Chinese is both a nationality and an ethnic group. Ram's classification of tibetian, han, mongolian as chinese is widely accepted by many ppl but not everyone. Some ppl only consider hans as chinese.

In mandarin the classification is more accurately defined. The term zhong guo ren denotes a person as a citizen of china regardless of ethnicity. The proper classification is chinese citizen but most ppl leave out citizen and hence this confuses some ppl. Understand?

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Han is not a tribe you blur. Han is an empire race. People who look like that in your pic in China are classsified Chinese nationality but minority race.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
An english man is someone that comes from england. Someone who claims ancestry from those areas and from the UK would have their native language defined as english.

How far back does this "ancestry" have to go. There are 4th generation Pakis, Jamaicans and Indians scattered all over the British Isles along with 3rd generation French and Germans.

Prince Charles is 2nd generation Greek but he's the heir to the throne. Is he "English" enough?

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How far back does this "ancestry" have to go. There are 4th generation Pakis, Jamaicans and Indians scattered all over the British Isles along with 3rd generation French and Germans.

Prince Charles is 2nd generation Greek but he's the heir to the throne. Is he "English" enough?

lianbeng replies, "since he has Greek blood then he is NOT English!"