• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat My favourite Aunt who is 76 used her iPhone as a Payphone!

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
She doesn't want even a maid! That's why I am a little worried. She's still good and healthy but I am still worried as she is alone in her semi d. Told her to move to apartment ... At least no need to do so much area cleaning.

Yandao China tour guide is a different kettle of fish altogether.:laugh::inlove:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not just introduce a young yandao China tour guide to your aunt to keep her company ?:inlove:
She doesn't want even a maid! That's why I am a little worried. She's still good and healthy but I am still worried as she is alone in her semi d. Told her to move to apartment ... At least no need to do so much area cleaning.
eh, bonut might be right - a yandao "gd" man to help with area cleaning perhaps! :cautious:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays one has to get internet access. Companies like M1's provide home broadband for only $29. per month.

This includes internet access at speeds of 500Mbps.
The Package includes telephone connection via the internet. One can make & receive unlimited local telephone calls. Just connect a telephone to the router.

For smartphone users they can get a Singtel Hi card. It is a pre-paid SIM card which is popular with the maids because whatever $ you put in is retained for a few months. For example putting in $20 is retained for 180 days.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
old people are just comfortable with the most basic of phone. they find iphone or android phone too hard to figure out and don't want to use them. don't force them to embrace technology. give them what they want.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
old people are just comfortable with the most basic of phone. they find iphone or android phone too hard to figure out and don't want to use them. don't force them to embrace technology. give them what they want.
I think so too. But my atb relatives more open to new technology than my aunt.

KiasuUncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
should ask ur aunt to sign up with NTUC classes... can get $500... 2x4 hr classes/wk... cheng-hoo now beri generous...
my contractor; already 72... signed up for warehouse mgt … happy like fark..:biggrin:

Who wants to sign up tablet n smart phone class (for older generation). PM me for details.