• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My family's favourite Lor Mee

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.soshiok.com/articles/12941/

My family's favourite Lor Mee
Thu May 28 2009
Jeslyn Michelle Yeo
SoShiok.com .Reader Jeslyn Michelle Yeo recommends the authentic Lor Mee at Amoy Street food centre.

Yuansk.jpg

Singapore, May 28, 2009

Reader Jeslyn Michelle Yeo's contribution:

Yuan Chuan Lor Mee
#-02-79/80 Amoy Street Food Centre
7 Maxwell Road

Yuan Chuan Lor Mee - My family's first choice.

There’re many famous Lor Mee stalls in Singapore. However, Yuan Chuan Lor Mee is the only stall I go to satisfy my Lor Mee craving.

For just $2 or $3 you can get a bowl of piping hot noodle topped with crispy pork/fish roll, braised pork slice and shredded fish drenched with rich savory gravy.

What's worth mentioning here is the crispy pork/fish roll, even though it is drenched with gravy. The moment you sink your teeth into it, it's still crispy.

Next we also have the star of Lor Mee aka the brown gravy. The gravy here is of good consistency, not too diluted and not too starchy.

Just like what Goldilocks says, it's "just nice", with a subtle taste of the 5-spice powder creating a good balance between the sweet and savory touch. Simple delicious!

For the ultimate enjoyment of this bowl of noodles, don’t forget to add the minced garlic and vinegar!

It's not a bowl of fanciful noodle, but just a bowl of simple pleasure that will leave you coming back. If you like more gravy, just ask and it will be given to you without any grouchy look from the stall uncle.

Yuan-Chun-Lor-Mee--3.jpg

It’s been around so many years; the only thing that changes is the crazy queue (always getting longer and longer).

Give some time and patience, for at $2 or $3, it’s definitely worth the wait. I usually visit on Sunday, when there are more seats and fewer crowds.

However, do note that they’re usually sold out around 2-3pm, and they’re closed on Monday and Tuesday.

Yuan-Chun-Lor-Mee---2.jpg

Win $100 voucher daily

Submit a food review of at least 200 words of your favourite food stall with three photos of the stall and the dish to [email protected] with your personal details before June 17, 2009. Entries should contain name and address of the stall, price of the dish and why it is so good.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Used to be a regular customer there since it was near my office back in the 90s... yes its the best :eek:

jw5

Loyal
This stall is on the second floor.
Once, I was walking down the stairs when a woman on the ground floor asked me whether the stall was open, because she was too lazy to walk up and see for herself. I replied "How in the world would I know?" :smile:
It was true, I had just eaten fish soup.
Have never tried this lor mee, but I find the stall at Golden Mile food centre quite nice.