• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My child would be homeschooled (a private tutor’s perspective)

EunoiaJAYCEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I had a child, I would not subject her to mainstream schooling in Singapore. Perhaps if we were living in a country like Finland, I would happily send her off to school there. But not in Singapore. In Singapore, we don’t have enough of an emphasis on play, and way too much emphasis on high-stakes examinations, to the point where even young children have problems with managing stress. Unlike other (potential) parents who may have a harder time making such a decision, my fiancée and I are (happily and fortunately) uniquely qualified for the challenge of homeschooling; she is naturally better with young children and has a training in psychology, and I am naturally better with teenagers, being a private tutor and all that. I imagine that my child would be an elite performer (if not a prodigy) in any academic area, given the combined knowledge and experience of her parents.

More at http://www.domainofexperts.com/2018/02/my-child-would-be-homeschooled-private.html

SARS_orchard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Education these days systematically injects craps and poisons into people's heads. Very hard to detox and clean up.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
face it, the education system in Sinkiestan had always been this right from the start- to be responsible for churning out economic digits to feed our changing economy.

mavericks like Prof Andrew Ng are few and far between.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
face it, the education system in Sinkiestan had always been this right from the start- to be responsible for churning out economic digits to feed our changing economy.

You have people who most likely educated here & had been ran through the education system, to turn out ideas like to charge 50 cents to a $1 to return food tray & people who don't bother returning them ( most likely the 70% who voted for the people who educated them). We have very qualified people, efficient, proficient, no! & lacking in culture, manners & graces. Good on paper.

This is the PAP system....their hallmark of their achievement in Education.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

andrew ng graduated from ri in 1992. he's not a sinkie as he's born in the uk and parents from hk. but the sinkie education prepared him for greater academic achievements later. sinkie's basic system is pretty good in world standards but if parents have money and can send kids abroad for further studies and sexposure they will have more opportunities to excel and be better off...of course. so the successful equation is: sg early education + u.s. further education = excellence 69% of the time.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
andrew ng graduated from ri in 1992. he's not a sinkie as he's born in the uk and parents from hk. but the sinkie education prepared him for greater academic achievements later. sinkie's basic system is pretty good in world standards but if parents have money and can send kids abroad for further studies and sexposure they will have more opportunities to excel and be better off...of course. so the successful equation is: sg early education + u.s. further education = excellence 69% of the time.

Only 69% of the time? What's the formula for 96% of the time?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I have children. I do not subject my children to LIFE IN SINKIELAND!!!!!

Stupid sinkies!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Anyone know about Cheyenne Goh? Canadian PR living in Leduc. Going to represent Sinkieland in speed skating.

Her best showing is 18th in the World Cup at Calgary 2016/2017.

My daughter has friends who speed skate and are way faster than Cheyenne. But they aren't going to the Olympics. Not even close to making Canadian team. Talk about USING SINKIELAND name for own benefit eh?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone know about Cheyenne Goh? Canadian PR living in Leduc. Going to represent Sinkieland in speed skating.

Her best showing is 18th in the World Cup at Calgary 2016/2017.

My daughter has friends who speed skate and are way faster than Cheyenne. But they aren't going to the Olympics. Not even close to making Canadian team. Talk about USING SINKIELAND name for own benefit eh?
sinkies can try their hands at curling. wait! since banglas sweep the road, it should be a national sport of banglas. if your daughter’s friend is named apache lim or comanche chin got chance to represent sg.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Train and educate for life workfoce put food on the table.

Do sports cam only last 10 years and when hit 30 cam onky teach or coaching.

See many poor angmoh sporsmen become bankrupt beggar.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
sinkies can try their hands at curling. wait! since banglas sweep the road, it should be a national sport of banglas. if your daughter’s friend is named apache lim or comanche chin got chance to represent sg.

actually I was just thinking of that too. Cos the sport is not physical in nature. So asians could give some competition.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actually I was just thinking of that too. Cos the sport is not physical in nature. So asians could give some competition.
yeah, it’s practice practice practice. a skilled hobby not sport with many trials and errors to get it right. i play bocce and it’s quite similar, but in curling the sliding and scrubbing is an art through years of practice.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the chinese are pretty good at curling. Was surprised to see the chinese team in the last winter olympic.

http://www.worldcurling.org/worldrankings
2017-2018 Association Points
1 Canada 652 0
2 Switzerland 548 0
3 Russia 514 0
4 Scotland/Great Britain 500 0
5 Sweden 454 0
6 Japan 349.1 1
7 USA 345 -1
8 Korea 318.8 0
9 Denmark 285 0
10 China 266 0

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I had a child, I would not subject her to main....

stop right there and skip the bs... the moment she gets married she would pester her husband to find a home within 5km radius of a 'good' school

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will our children grow up to be better individuals if our schools are run like those in Finland?

I think it is no. There is a greater influence than school.

Some children play hard but know when to be serious and work hard when the need arises. Cesar Milan, the dog whisperer, always emphasize that let your dog play. However, when you say stop, it must know that playtime is up and time to be serious. Children in sg will just play. Even with the current strict school regime, though they are physically in the class, their heart and soul are usually somewhere else. There is no desire to learn anything of use. They only follow what their peers are doing or what is in. They have no mind of their own.

It's the parents. With parents behaving this way, it is only natural that the children will grow up to be the same.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
andrew ng graduated from ri in 1992. he's not a sinkie as he's born in the uk and parents from hk.

Andrew's dad served the SAF faithfully, and it is also this SAF that led Andrew to pursue education abroad.

NS is KILLING SG!

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as curling involves dexterity of hands with cunt-"rolled" strength, why not name her tomahawk lim - with hairstyle to match.
at least her friends will know better not to have an axe to grind with her :wink: