• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My American friend just told me

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Truth is, millions more will be unemployed after Christmas cos they asked for it.
tel ur dat so-called american fren 2 send dem all 2 sinkielan ... tel dem ah loon welcums dem wif open arms ...

Last edited:

AnyOldHow

Alfrescian
Loyal
He had 53 full time staff.
He decided to let go 5 after the presidential election result was out. Its done.
He also let 8 part time staff know they will get a max of 20 hours per week.

Those 5 can now drive freely around with their obama bumper stickers after their two week notice.

Truth is, millions more will be unemployed after Christmas cos they asked for it.

You must be very naive to think that his retrenchment is due to political affiliation. If his business
is in such dire situation that he needs to lay off people, regardless of which party won, he will still
need to lay-off this people!

The Hard Truth is that millions of Americans will definitely be unemployed by year-end because of political
gridlock over debt and deficit reduction plan a.k.a. "Fiscal Cliff"!:biggrin:

Last edited:

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You must be very naive to think that his retrenchment is due to political affiliation. If his business
is in such dire situation that he needs to lay off people, regardless of which party won, he will still

The Hard Truth is that millions of Americans will definitely be unemployed by year-end because of political

correct.Usa economy is already screwed even if Romney won.They should thanks George Bush...

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

You are obviously ignorant of what is happening now in the US.
Most business men have put off investments or hiring since Obama care passed. They were waiting to see if Obama would stay. Since Obama stays, they know very well full blown Obama care will come and business will surely decline.
If you don't believe me, go check out with your American frens or associates who happen to be business owners and they will tell you the same story.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
correct.Usa economy is already screwed even if Romney won.They should thanks George Bush...

I'm no Bush supporter but I have to say that the current recession had nothing to do with Bush.
The recession started with the sub prime loan collapse, it started under Clinton, not a Bush program.

contangee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to do with Bush? What are you smoking my friend ?

Clinton's hand is not clean as he had relaxed the requirements for mortgage to encourage poor people to own houses (Community Reinvestment Act). However, Bush had 8 years to make sure that the lowered mortgage requirement did not go out of hand but did nothing. A simple tweak would have prevented the whole subprime fiasco. Bush also kept interest rate low which drive home prices up and prop up the speculation bubble. On top of that, Bush had start two major wars with minimal allies support financially or otherwise. On top of that, Bush also introduced a number of tax cuts for the rich people that did not translate to economic growth as they are supposed to do.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to do with Bush? What are you smoking my friend ?

Clinton's hand is not clean as he had relaxed the requirements for mortgage to encourage poor people to own houses (Community Reinvestment Act). However, Bush had 8 years to make sure that the lowered mortgage requirement did not go out of hand but did nothing. A simple tweak would have prevented the whole subprime fiasco. Bush also kept interest rate low which drive home prices up and prop up the speculation bubble. On top of that, Bush had start two major wars with minimal allies support financially or otherwise. On top of that, Bush also introduced a number of tax cuts for the rich people that did not translate to economic growth as they are supposed to do.

Again you showed your ignorance. Bush worked with a democrat dominated house of representatives and senate and he tried multiple times to reign in on the sub primes but was blocked by Dems.
I know US politics very well, you don't, don't talk cock in front of me.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dont forget when Bush took office, he had a budget surplus,,and I thought when bush was elected, we will finally have a Reagan again, and what did he do? give tax cuts to the rich which translated to no economic benefits but a deficit, going to wars with iraq which had nothing to do with the war on terror,,

and look considering the technology the USA has,,it took them more than 10 years to kill Osama? come on,,get real,,,

The bloody war in iraq only benefitted the oil companies,,and please we have the technology to move away from fossil fuels,,but still using it due to the rent seeking behaviour of the oil companies,,and these oil companies is screwing things up even more,,

Romney is a classic example of the 1% who is screwing up the world, and he has the jewish bankers backing him, the real assholes who caused this depression in the 1st place.

When the deficit is there,,everyone has to chip in to clear it,,but the rich dont pay their fair share,,this deficit will never end,,

Again you showed your ignorance. Bush worked with a democrat dominated house of representatives and senate and he tried multiple times to reign in on the sub primes but was blocked by Dems.
I know US politics very well, you don't, don't talk cock in front of me.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey how come no one mentions what business he is in? he is doing those time share stuff right? in a market like this, time share still work?????

He decided to let go 5 after the presidential election result was out. Its done.

Those 5 can now drive freely around with their obama bumper stickers after their two week notice.

Truth is, millions more will be unemployed after Christmas cos they asked for it.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog...-companies-plan-massive-layoffs-obamacare-be/

Floodgates Open on New Health Regs
http://nationaljournal.com/domesticpolicy/floodgates-open-on-new-health-regs-20121109

Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/1...a-won-so-i-fired-22-employees/#at_pco=cfd-1.0

Utah company blames Pres. Obama for 102 workers laid off
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22890041&ni...ama-for-102-workers-laid-off&s_cid=featured-4

After Obama reelection, Murray Energy CEO reads prayer, announces layoffs
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...bca204-2a63-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html

- “Lord, please forgive me and anyone with me in Murray Energy Corp. for the decisions that we are now forced to make to preserve the very existence of any of the enterprises that you have helped us build.”

Last edited:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bottom line is they hate having a black president.

EAST CARBON, Carbon County — A Utah coal company owned by a vocal critic of President Barack Obama has laid off 102 miners.

The layoffs at the West Ridge Mine are effective immediately, according to UtahAmerican Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Murray Energy Corp. They were announced in a short statement made public Thursday, two days after Obama won re-election.
Utah company blames Pres. Obama for 102 workers laid off
http://www.ksl.com/?sid=22890041&nid...cid=featured-4

After Obama reelection, Murray Energy CEO reads prayer, announces layoffs
http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...684_story.html

The layoffs are necessary because of the president's "war on coal," the statement said. The slogan is one used frequently during the election by Murray Energy CEO Robert Murray, who was an ardent supporter of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by He Man
Yes, I am sure that's what Darden is doing... They are shutting down some of the most successful restaurant chains around.

They are in it to make profit. If they fell the regulations coming their way are going to hurt that, they adjust. Why does it bother anyone? That's what businesses do. They hire people when the market allows for them to do so and increase profit, and let people go as needed.

They don't take losses out of spite. No one grows a business that way. As a small business owner myself, it is antithetical to what we are trying to do,

Darden is not shutting down restaurants, they are going to reduce hours to get under the 30 hr limit in FOUR of their markets. In fact they don't know if it will help their bottom line. It's an experiment. Seems like the political leanings of the business owners have more effect then a health care law that hasn't taken effect yet.

Georgia Businessman Refuses to Hire Until Obama Is Fired ...
... Fire President Obama, or he will not hire any ... Another racist blaming it on President Obama. I am a ... If he is in the LEAST able to hire and won ...
abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/georgia...

Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees - Democrats, Republicans ...
Obama Won–So I Fired 22 Employees User Name: ... 10:04 AM HappyTexan. Senior ... and will now hire the same number of illegals floating around Las ...
www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/... - Cached
More results from city-data.com »

Companies Refusing to Hire Until Obama Leaves Office
... We are not hiring until Obama is gone." ... Guess he won't be hiring for another 5 years then. ... Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?. . .J.
www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1711765/pg1

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Most business men have put off investments or hiring since Obama care passed. They were waiting to see if Obama would stay. Since Obama stays, they know very well full blown Obama care will come and business will surely decline.

don't BS us with your tea party rhetoric
the right has been saying the left is bad for business since before electricity was invented.
you're just another over privileged child of wealthy parents who believes that only lazy people are poor.

Last edited:

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spending Under President George W. Bush
http://mercatus.org/publication/spending-under-president-george-w-bush
Veronique de Rugy | Mar 2009
DOWNLOAD PUBLICATION PDF

Print
Email

During his eight years in office, President Bush oversaw a large increase in government spending. In fact, President Bush increased government spending more than any of the six presidents preceding him, including LBJ. In his last term in office, President Bush increased discretionary outlays by an estimated 48.6 percent.

During his eight years in office, President Bush spent almost twice as much as his predecessor, President Clinton. Adjusted for inflation, in eight years, President Clinton increased the federal budget by 11 percent. In eight years, President Bush increased it by a whopping 104 percent.

One reason offered for these large budget increases is that entitlement programs are growing rapidly. Although Social Security and Medicare spending growth outpaced most other programs in the mid-1990s, spending growth in discretionary programs has accelerated in the last 15 years, especially during Bush’s two terms. Between FY2002 and FY2009, discretionary spending rose 96 percent.

Some argue that federal spending during the Bush years was so high because security needs drove up the budget. It is true that defense spending increased dramatically since the late-1990s, particularly since 9/11 and the beginning of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. However, nondefense spending increased too. Some also argue that much of the increase in nondefense spending stemmed from increases in homeland security spending. Whether this is true, the overall rapid rise of discretionary spending indicates that, here too, the administration and Congress made no trade-offs in the budget. If the administration and Congress wanted more security spending and wanted to be fiscally responsible, they should have found savings elsewhere in the budget.

President Bush added thousands of new federal subsidy programs during his eight years in office. In 2008, there were 1,816 subsidy programs in the federal budget that spread hundreds of billions of dollars annually to special interest groups such as state governments, businesses, nonprofit groups, and individuals. The number of subsidy programs has grown by 30 percent since 2000 and by 54 percent since 1990.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How the Deficit Got This Big - NYTimes.com
... war spending in Iraq and Afghanistan, ... President George W. Bush inherited a surplus, ... Terms of Service; Terms of Sale; Corrections; RSS;
www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/opinion/sunday/24sun4.html

Bush Administration Adds $4 Trillion To National Debt ...
... the national debt has grown by more than $4 trillion during George W. Bush's ... By the time Richard Nixon began his second term in ... It's been spent.
www.cbsnews.com/8301-500803_162-4486228-500803.html - Cached

The economic policy of the George W. Bush administration was a combination of tax cuts, expenditures for fighting two wars, and a free-market ideology intended to de-emphasize the role of government in the private sector. He advocated the ownership society, premised on the concepts of individual accountability, less government, and the owning of property.

During his first term (2001–2005), he sought and obtained Congressional approval for tax cuts: the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001, the Job Creation and Worker Assistance Act of 2002 and the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003. These acts decreased all tax rates, reduced the capital gains tax, increased the child tax credit and eliminated the so-called "marriage penalty", and were set to expire in 2011.

The last two years of his presidency were characterized by the worsening subprime mortgage crisis, which resulted in government intervention to bail out damaged financial institutions and a weakening economy.

The U.S. national debt grew significantly from 2001 to 2008, both in dollar terms and relative to the size of the economy (GDP),[1] due to a combination of tax cuts and wars in both Afghanistan and Iraq. Budgeted spending under President Bush averaged 19.9% of GDP, similar to his predecessor President Bill Clinton, although tax receipts were lower at 17.9% versus 19.1%.[2]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_of_the_George_W._Bush_administration

larky28

Alfrescian
Loyal
The following is a list of some of the post-election firings and layoffs that we have seen since Tuesday night...

#1 Utah

A Utah coal company owned by a vocal critic of President Barack Obama has laid off 102 miners.

The layoffs at the West Ridge Mine are effective immediately, according to UtahAmerican Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Murray Energy Corp. They were announced in a short statement made public Thursday, two days after Obama won re-election.

The layoffs are necessary because of the president's "war on coal," the statement said. The slogan is one used frequently during the election by Murray Energy CEO Robert Murray, who was an ardent supporter of Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.

In its statement, UtahAmerican Energy blames the Obama administration for instituting policies that will close down "204 American coal-fired power plants by 2014" and for drastically reducing the market for coal.

#2 Ohio

I work for the oldest and largest health insurer in the state of Ohio in the underwriting department. At 9 a.m.this morning, my department (about 50) were called into a meeting in the executive boardroom. We were informed that due to a provision in the healthcare 'reform' effective 2014 called guarantee issue, our services would no longer be needed, and we were offered severance So Obama got to keep his job, and we lost ours. It is maddening that some tyrant 400 miles away can have such a ruinous effect on peoples lives.

#3 Nevada

A Las Vegas business owner with 114 employees fired 22 workers today, apparently as a direct result of President Obama’s re-election.

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview. Click the audio tab below to hear even more from this compelling conversation:

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first. I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees.

#4 Posted below is a list of layoff headlines from the past few days that was posted on AmericanThinker.com...

Obama was "fired up" and so were the voters, and so now, the mass firings begin. Here's a collection of today's headlines. Please say a prayer for the families who will be suffering. Had Romney won, many of these companies would now be hiring.

Teco Coal officials announce layoffs

Momentive Inc plans temporary layoffs for 150

Wilkes-Barre officials to announce mandatory layoffs

600 layoffs at Groupon

More layoffs announced at Aniston Weapons Incinerator

Murray Energy confirms 150 layoffs at 3 subsidiaries

130 laid off in Minnesota dairy plant closure

Stanford brake plant to lay off 75

Turbocare, Oce to lay off more than 220 workers

ATI plans to lay off 172 workers in North Richland Hills

SpaceX claims its first victims as Rocketdyne lays off 100

Providence Journal lays off 23 full-time employees

CVPH lays off 17

New Energy lays off 40 employees

102 Utah miners laid off because of 'war on coal', company says

US Cellular drops Chicago, cuts 640 jobs

Career Education to cut 900 jobs, close 23 campuses

Vestas to cut 3,000 more jobs

First Energy to cut 400 jobs by 2016

Mine owner blames Obama for layoffs (54 fired last night)

Canceled program costs 115 jobs at Ohio air base

AMD trims Austin workforce - 400 jobs slashed

100 workers lose jobs as Caterpillar closes plant in Minnesota

Exide to lay off 150 workers

TE Connectivity to close Guilford plant, lay off 620

More Layoffs for Major Wind Company (3,000 jobs cut)

Cigna to lay off 1,300 workers worldwide

Ameridose to lay off hundreds of workers

#5 According to the Blaze, the following major corporations have all announced layoffs in just the past two days...

Energizer

Exide Technologies

Westinghouse

Research in Motion Limited

Lightyear Network Solutions

Providence Journal

Hawker Beechcraft

Boeing (30% of their management staff)

CVPH Medical Center

US Cellular

Momentive Performance Materials

Rocketdyne

Brake Parts

Vestas Wind Systems

Husqvarna

Center for Hospice New York

Bristol-Meyers

OCE North America

Darden Restaurants

West Ridge Mine

United Blood Services Gulf

You can get the rest of the details right here.

#6 The following is a list of companies that will be laying off workers just because of Obamacare that was compiled by FreedomWorks...

Dana Holding Corp.

As recently as a week ago, a global auto parts manufacturing company in Ohio known as Dana Holding Corp., warned their employees of potential layoffs, citing "$24 million over the next six years in additional U.S. health care expenses". After laying off several white collar staffers, company insiders have hinted at more to come. The company will have to cover the additional $24 million cost somehow, which will likely equate to numerous cuts in their current workforce of 25,500 worldwide.

Stryker

One of the biggest medical device manufacturers in the world, Stryker will close their facility in Orchard Park, New York, eliminating 96 jobs in December. Worse, they plan on countering the medical device tax in Obamacare by slashing 5% of their global workforce - an estimated 1,170 positions.

Boston Scientific

In October of 2009, Boston Scientific CEO Ray Elliott, warned that proposed taxes in the health care reform bill could "lead to significant job losses" for his company. Nearly two years later, Elliott announced that the company would be cutting anywhere between 1,200 and 1,400 jobs, while simultaneously shifting investments and workers overseas - to China.

Medtronic

In March of 2010, medical device maker Medtronic warned that Obamacare taxes could result in a reduction of precisely 1,000 jobs. That plan became reality when the company cut 500 positions over the summer, with another 500 set for the end of 2013.

Others

A short list of other companies facing future layoffs at the hands of Obamacare:

Smith & Nephew - 770 layoffs
Abbott Labs - 700 layoffs
Covidien - 595 layoffs
Kinetic Concepts - 427 layoffs
St. Jude Medical - 300 layoffs
Hill Rom - 200 layoffs

A lot of other businesses are going to reduce the number of employees they have or reduce the average work week in order to avoid the Obamacare insurance coverage mandate that will soon be implemented.

This is how CNSNews.com describes the choice that many employers will be facing...

That section, known as the employer mandate, requires any business with 50 or more full-time employees to provide at least the minimum level of government-defined health coverage to those employees. In other words, a business must provide insurance if it has 50 or more employees working an average of just 30 hours per week, which is 10 hours per week fewer than the traditional 40-hour work week.

Thus, by cutting employees’ hours to ensure they average less than the 30 per week, employers could potentially avoid the cost of providing the minimum insurance levels mandated by Obamacare.

So if your company trims the number of workers to just under 50 or starts going to "29 hour work weeks", then you will know who to blame.

All of this is complete and utter insanity. We are committing national economic suicide.

But perhaps we deserve this. After all, Americans willingly chose their leaders on election day. It is getting harder and harder to deny that our politicians are truly a reflection of who we are as a nation.

The American people chose this path, and now we get to see where it leads us.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And your friend is going to move to Singapore because of Obama's re-election?
The reality is that those layoffs were planned ...demand has been down in Q3 and Q4 and beyond doesn't look promising. Business wants to hoard cash.

When demand picks up, your friend will be hiring lots more. When will thing improved? After banks start to take on the losses from their bad loans, instead of forcing sovereign countries to pay back the loans plus interest over decades. Governments can no longer afford to bail out their banks and they shouldn't.