• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MUST READ: They Even Tell Lies About This. Ministars Not Taking Their Work Seriously.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: MUST READ: They Even Tell Lies About This. Ministars Not Taking Their Work Seriou

I have read Lim Swee Swee's comment on ST. He specifically mentioned that the MPs cannot attend a full session because they also need to attend to their other engagement. They are neither in chamber nor House. This is also mentioned by Lim Swee Swee where he gave a number of attendence on first, second and third day.

Woo! Sharp observation! :smile:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: MUST READ: They Even Tell Lies About This. Ministars Not Taking Their Work Seriou

Check up your facts - it is very usual for legislators to be in the House but not in the Chamber - be they Westminster parliaments or even US style Houses. That is why they ring a bell (or some other means of alarm) when they call for a vote. Very often the legislators are adjusting their speeches based on what has already been said.

Wah lau, they need to hire better and smarter PAP cocksuckers like u to come here and defend the PAP. If u want to compare the S'pore Parliament with Westminster and the US houses, than all u have to do is look at their salaries. The political reps from those countries make only a fraction of what the PAP MPs do. THEREFORE, WE, THE PEOPLE OF SINGAPORE EXPECT THEM
TO BE PRESENT. If they want to be like the west, they should get paid like the west, otherwise Lim and u should shut the fuck up.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

IIRC, there are a few MPs holding multiple directorships. If each directorship can earn an MP $10K a month, what is the $13K MP allowance to them?

That is why I do not like having such MPs represent me. Their focus will be more on how the MP role will benefit them rather than genuinely working for the people. To these people, the MP position is used to support their company directorships as they will then have some influence on the decision making process. Not to mention the highly probable conflicts of interest.

these MPs know no matter what, they will still get re-elected. So they are not scared of anything. Attend or don't attend, they will not be penalised. There is no accountability.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

So even if MPs are not in the Chamber, it does not mean they are not in Parliament or not carrying out their duties as MPs. The effectiveness of PAP MPs should not be judged by the hours they remain seated in the Chamber but by their participation in debates, the contents of their speeches and how well they serve their constituents.

These comments by Lim Shit Say really typifies what kind of white tower the PAP are sitting in and why they have lost touch with their reality. The effectivesness of MPS cannot be determined by the quality fo their speeches and their participation in debates. WTF, is this an "A" level course? Their effectiveness must be only determined by one critieria. "Have they improved the life of their constituents?" This can only be ascertained not by the PAP but by the constituents. Only the people who live in their constituency can tell them whether they have done a good job or not.

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Woo! Sharp observation! :smile:

Of coz lah, if I am the PAP MP's I also dont want to attend. You know why?

You answer your own questions! Before questions being asked by the PAPpy Ministers, all questions must be shared and scanned through first beforehand, maybe 1 week in advance. Then the PAPpy ministers will get their secretaries or their top scholars working in the departments to help brainstorm the best answers to gives. After that, the best answers will sent to LHL & LKY to read through and picked the final answers, then LKY and LHL will become the directors and tell the PAPpy ministers who to asked what questions and who to answer which questions.

If the opposition throws some MCQ that it is not in the script prepared by LKY and LHL, they will tell the opposition please come back tomorrow or 3 days later in parliment well I go and get my top scholars to brainstorm an answer for you.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

Of all the Parliamentary session, Budget is the most important thing to the country. I think this is enough to required full attendance. I feel really sick that Lim Swee Swee trying to justify his "colleagues" for not having full attendence. They need to attend to their personal business as well.

So how much time is needed for the session? 3 day! As elected MPs and ministers, you can't even spend a full 3 to 4 days of a year for the meeting affecting the country? This is real bull shit! If I am paid 13K per month, die die I better be fully present there!

Didn't know that they could just walk in and walk out and their attendance would still be counted. Its almost like they are attending an university lecture, when actually it's the Budget session, an important stimulus package debate and which demands total visible presence, in addition to paper attendance.

The US Senate may have records of attendance sheets...below.
http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/g_three_sections_with_teasers/legislative_home.htm

There are also a picture of the Australian parliament debating on the stimulus package for this year also, coincidentally during the same time when we had our own. Kevin Rudd, at that time, confronted Malcolm Turnbull for his opposition towards the stimulus package for- surprise, surprise, Turnbull just wanted tax cuts in the stimulus package and nothing else.

Picture is below:
kevinruddupset_wideweb__470x298,0.jpg

A marked difference from our MP's non-attendance during the debate, no?

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal

LSS has admitted mistake:

Home > ST Forum > Story
House had 89 MPs, not 93, on Feb 5
I REFER to my reply last Saturday, 'Duties taken seriously'.

I said in the letter: 'This year's Budget Debate was attended by 90 elected and Nominated MPs on Feb 3; 86 MPs on Feb 4; and there was full attendance of 93 MPs on Feb 5.'

While the numbers for Feb 3 and Feb 4 are correct, Parliament has advised that there is an error in the number for Feb 5. It should be 89 and not 93.

My apologies for the error which was due to a miscommunication between the Whip and Parliament.

Lim Swee Say
Government Whip

Ok ...let's move on. But seriously, mistakes like this should not even be on, let alone take such huge salaries.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have you seen them when answering one another's questions? They are holding up and reading aloud from prepared scripts!

What kind 'debate' is that?

National Parliament building sits on prime land leh.... Better to enbloc and develop condos.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal

This was in the fall of 2006, when current Conservative leader David Cameron of the UK was elected opposition leader. With the election of a young, charismatic opposition leader- some Tories at that time reckon him to their own version of Tony Blair- sparks finally flew between Blair and Cameron during one of the weekly PM's questions.

Video is below:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NpVycRpa2L8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NpVycRpa2L8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Isn't this a real feisty debate?

And more recently, a brain-savvy, financially experienced- but staid- Gordon Brown against David Cameron in another one of those PM's questions.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HkrCoTdhmTE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HkrCoTdhmTE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Which of course, PM Brown did say he wanted to- or did- save the world. :wink: Bad misspeaking really- one of the many. Typical Brown.

Last edited:

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal

IIRC, there are a few MPs holding multiple directorships. If each directorship can earn an MP $10K a month, what is the $13K MP allowance to them?

That is why I do not like having such MPs represent me. Their focus will be more on how the MP role will benefit them rather than genuinely working for the people. To these people, the MP position is used to support their company directorships as they will then have some influence on the decision making process. Not to mention the highly probable conflicts of interest.

DO NOT WAIT UNTIL ELECTION TIME
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW!

TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR RELATIVES.

SUPPORT OPPOSITION PARTIES WITH YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND STAND BY THEM AND WITH THEM.
THEY SPEAK FOR YOU AND TRY TO SPEAK FOR YOU.

LKY AND PAP HAVE BEEN USING THEIR KANGAROO COURTS TO TRY TO BANKRUPT THEM TO SILENCE THEM.

IF YOU DO NOT STAND WITH THEM AND STAND BY THEM, CAN YOU STAND ALONE AGAINST LKY?

SINGAPOREANS MUST UNITE AND SUPPORT ALL THE OPPOSITION PARTIES.

DO NOT JUST WAIT UNTIL ELECTION TO VOTE

VOTE OUT LKY AND HIS BASTARDS IN WHITE WHO ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY AND TO FUCK YOU.

IF NOT FOR YOURSELF, THEN FOR THE FUTURE OF YOUR CHILDREN

THERE WILL NOT BE AN OBAMA AS PRESIDENT OF USA IF THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT THERE WAS INTIMIDATED BY BEATINGS AND LYNCHINGS IN THE PAST.

THE TOBBLING OF LKY WILL NOT BE EASY, AND CAN BE BLOODY AS WELL.
THEY WILL NOT GIVE UP THE BILLIONS THAT THEY SUCKED FROM YOU AND CAN CONTINUE TO SCREW FROM YOU NOW AND IN FUTURE.

ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER TO SAY 'NO MORE OF THAT' AND THROW EVERYONE OF THOSE BASTARDS OUT

Already 400-500++ billions got sucked and bled by LKY into his Temasick and GIC.
HOW MANY OTHER BILLIONS GOT SUCKED AND USED BY THEM IN GLC WHERE THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS AND MINISTERS AND BASTARDS IN WHITE ARE CHAIRMAN AND CEOS?

EVEN IF NO ELECTIONS, SINKIES MUST SPEAK WITH ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND ALL THEY KNOW

STAND UP TO THAT BASTARD LKY AND PAP BLOODSUCKERS

STAND WITH ALL THOSE THAT FIGHT BASTARD LKY

OR STAND UP YOURSELF IN YOUR CONSTITUENCY

DONT BE BULLIED BY THAT FUCKING COWARD LKY USING HIS CORRUPT KANGAROO COURTS AND ALL THAT HE CAN, AND WILL THROW AT YOU

You will fear them only if you allow yourself to fear them.

Just because THEY want you to fear them, must you fear those fucking bastards?

THEY ONLY CAN RULE YOU , AND BLED YOU , THROUGH FEAR AND INTIMIDATION.

SINKIES,

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM.
THEY WILL THEN FEAR YOU.

AND YOU REGAIN YOUR MONEY AND YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILDREN FUTURE.

DO NOT LET OUR MONEY GO TO FUND PAP DOGS FRENCH COOKING LESSONS

DO NOT DIE IN OLD FOLK HOMES IN JB.

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM

LEE KUAN YEW LOST AND LOST DUNNO HOW MANY BILLIONS IN TEMASICK AND GIC

EVEN MORE BILLIONS HE THREW AWAY TO HIS DOGS AND COCKROACHES SO THEY CAN TAKE FRENCH COOKING LESSONS

LKY NEED MORE BILLIONS FROM SINKIES WHO VOTED FOR HIM AND FROM THOSE WHO VOIDED THEIR VOTES

EVEN IF YOU VOTE AGAINST HIM, NO DIFFERENCE.

COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT AS SINKIES DID NOT TRY HARD ENOUGH TO KICK OUT THAT VAMPIRE BASTARD LKY

SO EXPECT EVERYTHING IN SINGAPORE TO GO UP AND UP

BASTARD LKY NEED YOUR $$$$$

HE SCREW YOU AND DEMAND THAT YOU THANK HIM FOR HIS FUCKING 'SUBISIDIESD BULLSHIT' AND 'AFFORDABLE' CON-TALK.

GO ALL OUT TO KICK ALL THOSE BASTARDS OUT

ALL OF THEM

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have you seen them when answering one another's questions? They are holding up and reading aloud from prepared scripts!

What kind 'debate' is that?

National Parliament building sits on prime land leh.... Better to enbloc and develop condos.

Agree with you man.

They answer their own questions! Before questions being asked by the PAPpy Ministers, all questions must be shared and scanned through first beforehand, maybe 1 week in advance. Then the PAPpy ministers will get their secretaries or their top scholars working in the departments to help brainstorm the best answers to gives. After that, the best answers will sent to LHL & LKY to read through and picked the final answers, then LKY and LHL will become the directors and tell the PAPpy ministers who to asked what questions and who to answer which questions.

If the opposition throws some MCQ that it is not in the script prepared by LKY and LHL, they will tell the opposition please come back tomorrow or 3 days later in parliment well I go and get my top scholars to brainstorm an answer for you.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah or they'll give some sibeh cheng answer like "pang sai chuay jamban", and other non-value adding answer like "don't put words in my mouth"

So obvious they are simply NOT PREPARED to defend their own speeches

funglung

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah or they'll give some sibeh cheng answer like "pang sai chuay jamban", and other non-value adding answer like "don't put words in my mouth"

So obvious they are simply NOT PREPARED to defend their own speeches

And for all that kind of imcompetent wayang, they forced us to give them millions so that they can fuck about with our billions.

KICK OUT ALL THOSE BASTARDS AND COCKROACHES IN WHITE

DO NOT WAIT UNTIL ELECTION TIME
THE TIME TO ACT IS NOW!

TALK TO YOUR FRIENDS AND YOUR RELATIVES.

SUPPORT OPPOSITION PARTIES WITH YOUR TIME AND MONEY AND STAND BY THEM AND WITH THEM.
THEY SPEAK FOR YOU AND TRY TO SPEAK FOR YOU.

LKY AND PAP HAVE BEEN USING THEIR KANGAROO COURTS TO TRY TO BANKRUPT THEM TO SILENCE THEM.

IF YOU DO NOT STAND WITH THEM AND STAND BY THEM, CAN YOU STAND ALONE AGAINST LKY?

SINGAPOREANS MUST UNITE AND SUPPORT ALL THE OPPOSITION PARTIES.

DO NOT JUST WAIT UNTIL ELECTION TO VOTE

VOTE OUT LKY AND HIS BASTARDS IN WHITE WHO ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY AND TO FUCK YOU.

IF NOT FOR YOURSELF, THEN FOR THE FUTURE OF YOUR CHILDREN

THERE WILL NOT BE AN OBAMA AS PRESIDENT OF USA IF THE CIVIL RIGHTS MOVEMENT THERE WAS INTIMIDATED BY BEATINGS AND LYNCHINGS IN THE PAST.

THE TOBBLING OF LKY WILL NOT BE EASY, AND CAN BE BLOODY AS WELL.
THEY WILL NOT GIVE UP THE BILLIONS THAT THEY SUCKED FROM YOU AND CAN CONTINUE TO SCREW FROM YOU NOW AND IN FUTURE.

ONLY YOU HAVE THE POWER TO SAY 'NO MORE OF THAT' AND THROW EVERYONE OF THOSE BASTARDS OUT

Already 400-500++ billions got sucked and bled by LKY into his Temasick and GIC.
HOW MANY OTHER BILLIONS GOT SUCKED AND USED BY THEM IN GLC WHERE THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS AND MINISTERS AND BASTARDS IN WHITE ARE CHAIRMAN AND CEOS?

EVEN IF NO ELECTIONS, SINKIES MUST SPEAK WITH ALL THEIR FRIENDS AND ALL THEY KNOW

STAND UP TO THAT BASTARD LKY AND PAP BLOODSUCKERS

STAND WITH ALL THOSE THAT FIGHT BASTARD LKY

OR STAND UP YOURSELF IN YOUR CONSTITUENCY

DONT BE BULLIED BY THAT FUCKING COWARD LKY USING HIS CORRUPT KANGAROO COURTS AND ALL THAT HE CAN, AND WILL THROW AT YOU

You will fear them only if you allow yourself to fear them.

Just because THEY want you to fear them, must you fear those fucking bastards?

THEY ONLY CAN RULE YOU , AND BLED YOU , THROUGH FEAR AND INTIMIDATION.

SINKIES,

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM.
THEY WILL THEN FEAR YOU.

AND YOU REGAIN YOUR MONEY AND YOUR FUTURE AND YOUR CHILDREN FUTURE.

DO NOT LET OUR MONEY GO TO FUND PAP DOGS FRENCH COOKING LESSONS

DO NOT DIE IN OLD FOLK HOMES IN JB.

FIND YOUR BALLS AND STAND UP TO THEM

LEE KUAN YEW LOST AND LOST DUNNO HOW MANY BILLIONS IN TEMASICK AND GIC

EVEN MORE BILLIONS HE THREW AWAY TO HIS DOGS AND COCKROACHES SO THEY CAN TAKE FRENCH COOKING LESSONS

LKY NEED MORE BILLIONS FROM SINKIES WHO VOTED FOR HIM AND FROM THOSE WHO VOIDED THEIR VOTES

EVEN IF YOU VOTE AGAINST HIM, NO DIFFERENCE.

COLLECTIVE PUNISHMENT AS SINKIES DID NOT TRY HARD ENOUGH TO KICK OUT THAT VAMPIRE BASTARD LKY

SO EXPECT EVERYTHING IN SINGAPORE TO GO UP AND UP

BASTARD LKY NEED YOUR $$$$$

HE SCREW YOU AND DEMAND THAT YOU THANK HIM FOR HIS FUCKING 'SUBISIDIESD BULLSHIT' AND 'AFFORDABLE' CON-TALK.

GO ALL OUT TO KICK ALL THOSE BASTARDS OUT

ALL OF THEM