• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Muslim men should marry more than one woman to solve late marriage issue, says Tuan Ibrahim

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
Muslim men should marry more than one woman to solve late marriage issue, says Tuan Ibrahim

KUALA LUMPUR: Muslim men should marry more than one woman as this could solve the issue of Muslim women marrying late in life, suggests Datuk Seri Tuan Ibrahim Tuan Man (PAS-Kubang Kerian).

The PAS deputy president said many in the country still find polygamy a sensitive issue.

"It is as if we are committing a crime. If a man is capable, qualified and is fair, they must be given moral support," he said while debating the 2024 Supply Bill for the Women, Family and Community Development Ministry at the committee stage on Wednesday (Nov 22).

Without disclosing his source of information, Tuan Ibrahim said that there are more than 8.4 million single women in the country.

"I know this is not a final solution but this can address the issue of late marriages and I am sure some on the other side also support this.
"We are looking for solutions," he said, pointing at the government bloc, drawing laughter from the floor.

Datuk Mohd Isam Mohd Isa (BN-Tampin) then stood up to interject, asking Tuan Ibrahim: "Kubang Kerian, do you have one or two?," drawing more laughter.

However, Tuan Ibrahim said that he only supported this suggestion.

"If you have capabilities, needs and are capable, please go ahead.

"Although I only have one, I have three more empty spots.

"I will wait, maybe we can move together," he told Mohd Isam.

On social media, Youth and Sports Minister Hannah Yeoh said that the issue of getting married late is not a problem that needs solving.

"What is the use of getting married if you are not well taken care of?

"A wedding match can come at any time without knowing," she said.