• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MRT Charges More On "Popular" Routes! ERPee Concept?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>What Bugs Me
Posted on 14 Oct, 2008 11:27
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>"I am puzzled by SMRT's fare charges"

STOMPer Gary is puzzled by SMRT’s fare charges after he discovered that it cost the same to travel from Bedok MRT to Pasir Ris as it was to travel from Bedok to City Hall stations.

In his email to STOMP today (Oct 14), the STOMPer wrote:

“I took this picture at Bedok MRT station yesterday (Oct 13) and was puzzled on how SMRT charges commuters on the fare.
“As you notice, the fare from Bedok to Pasir Ris (four Stations) using EZlink is $1.22.

“The fare from Bedok to City Hall (seven Stations) using EZ link is also $1.22.

“I wonder how do they calculate the fare hike. Is it based on distance travel or other reason?

“If it is based on distance travel, I believe Bedok to Pasir Ris is shorter than Bedok to City Hall.”

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Z

Zombie

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>What Bugs Me
Posted on 14 Oct, 2008 11:27
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>"I am puzzled by SMRT's fare charges"

STOMPer Gary is puzzled by SMRT’s fare charges after he discovered that it cost the same to travel from Bedok MRT to Pasir Ris as it was to travel from Bedok to City Hall stations.

In his email to STOMP today (Oct 14), the STOMPer wrote:

“I took this picture at Bedok MRT station yesterday (Oct 13) and was puzzled on how SMRT charges commuters on the fare.
“As you notice, the fare from Bedok to Pasir Ris (four Stations) using EZlink is $1.22.

“The fare from Bedok to City Hall (seven Stations) using EZ link is also $1.22.

“I wonder how do they calculate the fare hike. Is it based on distance travel or other reason?

“If it is based on distance travel, I believe Bedok to Pasir Ris is shorter than Bedok to City Hall.”

getArticlePhoto.do

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NE line is also more costly because of lesser people.

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Gary feels there are injustices in pricing, he may wish to approach CASE, PTC or LTA to forward his claims. LTA takes a no nonsense position on assuring high quality public transport services and has slapped fines for unacceptable service performance standards on bus serivce companies recently.

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Gary feels there are injustices in pricing, he may wish to approach CASE, PTC or LTA to forward his claims. LTA takes a no nonsense position on assuring high quality public transport services and has slapped fines for unacceptable service performance standards on bus serivce companies recently.

Moniker Division1. Before you preach to others what they should or should not do, why don't you answer my question?

You still owe us an answer to my question, first put to you in thread "154th: Be content, live within your means woh!" message #19, and same question is repeated in your own thread "I still Welcome Contributions from Moniker Makapaaa" message #19. You have so far indulged with beat around the bush responses without an answer.

Can you explain to us now what you understand from Lim Swee Suay's speech, or are you just full of shit talk when you alleged that we dumb fools misunderstood him?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nothing wrong ler ... during ze recent fare hike, dey say ze more u transfer, ze more money u save wat :rolleyes: ... tis 1 is 2 encourage u 2 dun go 2 pasir ris direct, but take a transfer sumwhere instead ... :wink:

:biggrin:

snrcitizen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Walking is good for you health.

Moniker Division1. More advice from you but still unable to answer my question?

You still owe us an answer to my question, first put to you in thread "154th: Be content, live within your means woh!" message #19, and same question is repeated in your own thread "I still Welcome Contributions from Moniker Makapaaa" message #19. You have so far indulged with beat around the bush responses without an answer.

Can you explain to us now what you understand from Lim Swee Suay's speech, or are you just full of shit talk when you alleged that we dumb fools misunderstood him?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U sound more like a joker by the day...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I taught they said that PT will be more transparent about the fare calculated by distance. That was just 2 month ago. I heard that someone said that it cost about $4/trip on a direct bus but there is still many stop on the way. Look like nowday PT really expensive cost about $8/day that is only travel to one place. Maybe better buy day pass and what is a day pass cost? In HK they selling 3 day pass for unlimited ride on PT.