• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mr Yong and his wife took their FIFTH shots at the Kaki Bukit JTVC, where the waiting time stretched up to two hours

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - People are waiting longer - in some cases, up to more than an hour - for the new bivalent vaccine.

This comes amid a spike in the number of Covid-19 infections and as people make plans for their year-end getaways.

When The Straits Times on Monday visited four of the nine joint testing and vaccination centres (JTVCs) that offered the new jabs, the waiting times ranged from half an hour to two hours.

Vaccination centre staff, who wished to remain anonymous, said the number of people getting the vaccine have gone up significantly since the launch of the new jab.

At one of the centres, staff said nearly 500 people were given the vaccine by noon. This compares with the more than 100 shots given a day before the new vaccine was available. Mask-wearing was mandatory at all the centres.

Project officer Toh Teck Wang, 62, waited 40 minutes at the Commonwealth JTVC to get vaccinated, and said he did not expect to wait that long, but added that the staff were efficient.

As he plans to visit friends in Taiwan in November and New Zealand in December, he got his fourth shot for the added protection.

“I am not comfortable that there are so many cases but, at the same time, there are not a lot of severe cases,” he said. “It is still relatively safe to go around.”

Mr Calvin Goh, 58, who went to the Ang Mo Kio JTVC as he lives nearby, is worried that Covid-19 restrictions will return if the number of cases continues to rise.

“Our customers are just starting to come back. If we close down again, it will affect business badly,” said Mr Goh, who is in business development.

Approved by the Health Sciences Authority in September, the Moderna bivalent vaccine is made to protect people against the original strain of the virus and the Omicron variant - the reason why Mr Goh took the new jab.

The Ministry of Health said the current wave of Covid-19 infections is expected to peak at an average of 15,000 daily cases by about mid-November.

At the Jurong East JTVC, retiree Abdul Kadir, 60, said he waited to take the Moderna bivalent shot because the health minister encouraged the public to do so.

“My first three were Pfizer shots so I felt more confident with the encouragement,” he said, adding that he would have taken another Pfizer shot otherwise.

Mr Yong, who gave only his surname and works in the construction sector, said that thanks to the vaccine, his symptoms were mild when he caught Covid-19 last year.

The 70-year-old and his wife took their fifth shots at the Kaki Bukit JTVC, where the waiting time stretched up to two hours.

More at https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...ab-as-more-people-head-to-vaccination-centres

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those able and healthy are risking their lives taking this mRNA booster. It's simply not worth the serious risk of stroke, heart attacks, blood clots and vaccine triggering cancers. Covid XBB is just a mild flu for able and healthy.

Last edited:

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the Jurong East JTVC, retiree Abdul Kadir, 60, said he waited to take the Moderna bivalent shot because the health minister encouraged the public to do so.

“My first three were Pfizer shots so I felt more confident with the encouragement,” he said, adding that he would have taken another Pfizer shot otherwise.
Another example of giving your personal power away easily and no critical thinking. This might lead to injuries and death in the future.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
many professionals in the medical community are not taking second boosters.

I actively encourage those assholes that I don't like to take their second boosters.

Are the current batch of bivalent vaccines the second or third booster?

Before the CDC approved the bivalent vaccines, the second booster was already available, but the regime mainly pushed them on the old farts.

So if you got that second booster, then you get this bivalent shot, wouldn't that make this current shot the third booster? :o-o:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
many professionals in the medical community are not taking second boosters.

I actively encourage those assholes that I don't like to take their second boosters.
I feel the same way. My concern is this bloody government will find excuses eg an uptick in community cases to implement VDS again.

hbk75

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel the same way. My concern is this bloody government will find excuses eg an uptick in community cases to implement VDS again.

I hope pap keep doing this. It has been 2 years plus since erection. They keep playing those soon will come haunt them. Plus inflation, gst and mortgage hikes. Perfect storm

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I hope pap keep doing this. It has been 2 years plus since erection. They keep playing those soon will come haunt them. Plus inflation, gst and mortgage hikes. Perfect storm
you're a glass half full kind of person, I like! :biggrin:

LexLuthor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Project officer Toh Teck Wang, 62, waited 40 minutes at the Commonwealth JTVC to get vaccinated, and said he did not expect to wait that long, but added that the staff were efficient.

Mr Calvin Goh, 58, who went to the Ang Mo Kio JTVC as he lives nearby, is worried that Covid-19 restrictions will return if the number of cases continues to rise.

Mr Yong, who gave only his surname and works in the construction sector, said that thanks to the vaccine, his symptoms were mild when he caught Covid-19 last year.

Meet the martyrs !

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
They wouldn't. If they say implement VDS for malls offices to 4 shots, what about foreigners and visitors com8ng into Singapore. 4 shots too? So my gut feel is fuckup PAP wouldn't.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkieland, the land of a thousand stupid acronyms. Now I know what is JVTC. :rolleyes:

49847246476_579f9c788d_b.jpg