• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mr Roy Tan is sinkee FIRST iPad owner!

limpeh

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1071146/1/.html

Eager fans in Singapore snap up iPad

php9Jq5dT.jpg

SINGAPORE: Hundreds of eager customers in Singapore got their hands on the much-awaited iPad when 30 Apple resellers opened their doors at 10am on Friday.

29-year-old retail executive Roy Tan was the first in the queue at an Apple reseller outlet in Somerset. He took half a day off from work and was there at 6am.

By 9.30am, the queue had snaked outside the shopping centre. By 9.45am, anticipation built up and it was obvious what was on Roy's mind.

"The feel of the iPad.... because till now, I have yet to touch one. Now it's 15 minutes to the launch. So the moment I open the box, I'll get the iPad and touch it," he said.

The moment finally arrived, and the endless stream of customers picked up as many units of the iPad as they could get.

"My boss gave me half a day off today for me to purchase for him, my friend and myself," said customer Suzie Sam.

About an hour after the floodgates opened, the queue had only slightly subsided.

The other three key outlets in town also reported similar crowd sizes.

By mid-afternoon, most shops had run out of the popular 64 gigabyte 3G model.

The added 3G technology allows users to surf the Net on the go, and the telcos in Singapore have unleashed their mobile data plans.

Channel NewsAsia understands that new stocks of the iPad would be shipped every week. Prices of the Wi-Fi and 3G models range from some S$730 to S$1,230.

- CNA/ir

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are we supporting APPLE who screw the users here, where we are paying obscene amount of money to them & we can not buy tunes etc from itunes store? What is the use of an ipad...

Ok!...I know the way around that problem, but how many of us is privilege enough to do that...

Saw a Malaysian Man playing with the ipad at LCCT - Kl last week, on the same flight with me back to SINgapore....must be a beta tester..

anyway...the users here should demand APPLE to give us access to itunes...afterall many of us own an ipod/itouch/ipone & ipad...many owns all the frist three...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple! Waste of money:rolleyes:

The last time Apple made a serious computer was Apple IIe. From MacIntosh onwards, it's simply machine for dummies who think that a computer is a typewriter with screen and mouse 3-in-one.

Apple, Apple II and Apple IIe tried to corner the market both hardware and software with their proprietary games and applications. Fortunately, IBM PC and Microsoft DOS put a stop to that with open structure. That promoted both hardware and software variety boom and the use of computers in businesses and at homes in the 80s across hundreds and thousands of companies, users and providers, instead of what Apple had in mind.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the music I've got loaded on my iPod are from my own CD collection :smile:

Actually cheaper than buying from the iTunes store. However alot of the music I listen to are the evergreen stuff which you can find at the Popular book store. They sell them in multi-CD sets.

Other CDs I've picked up on visits to the US. LOS, ... When I get a larger capacity iPod I intend to re-rip the music using a higher sampling rate. Something you can't do if you buy the music through the iTune store.

That Malaysian man must have bought his unit from non-authorised dealers. Mustaffa & some stores at Funan have been selling the iPad for months.

Why are we supporting APPLE who screw the users here, where we are paying obscene amount of money to them & we can not buy tunes etc from itunes store? What is the use of an ipad...

Ok!...I know the way around that problem, but how many of us is privilege enough to do that...

Saw a Malaysian Man playing with the ipad at LCCT - Kl last week, on the same flight with me back to SINgapore....must be a beta tester..

anyway...the users here should demand APPLE to give us access to itunes...afterall many of us own an ipod/itouch/ipone & ipad...many owns all the frist three...