• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mr Nathan's 1st book - Why am I here?

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
nubook28-st.jpg

BEFORE becoming President, Mr SR Nathan was known for his notable career in the civil service.

Yet, few knew that for six years from 1956, the young Mr Nathan worked as a seamen welfare officer helping trouble-stricken sailors and port workers.

These early experiences as a social worker are documented in his first book, Why Am I Here?, launched yesterday.

The 120-page book is a personal account of his work and struggles as a welfare officer, and the effort that he and others made to help workers overcome problems, which ran the gamut from dismissals to pay and family issues.

Speaking to the media at the Istana last week, ahead of the launch, Mr Nathan, 85, said he was encouraged by friends to record his civil service experiences.

While he had a varied and distinguished career, he chose to focus on this period.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_520006.html

evisionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to hold on to the key of our reserves, when his master wants it to be opened. He will open it with that key. That is the only reason, why he is here! Performing a very important task.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not surprise after al these years he is still asking that question.

Not many people have the answer, maybe only the one who'd put him there will know the answer and did not tell him too. The rest of us, including himself, are still scratching our heads and asking that question.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
at 85,he must be getting senile to ask: WHERE AM I? WHY AM I HERE? or what the fuck there is so much money in my bank? WHERE IT COME FROM?

perhaps another 1 or 2M would cure his forgetfulness.:p

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not many people have the answer, maybe only the one who'd put him there will know the answer and did not tell him too. The rest of us, including himself, are still scratching our heads and asking that question.

wrong scratching. we scratch head. he scratches hairy harry balls.

jw5

Loyal

Hahaha. Beats me.
I do not know the answer to that question, but I will not be buying the book to find out.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
With a title "WHY I AM HERE", I am sure the book will be a bestseller as people are dying to know why.