• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MP confirms Singaporeans weak chow ah gua

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been saying this since I registered here

Singapores are weak ah guas, whole life complain

I gave example of my restaurant hiring and everyday Singaporean loser behaviour

I say this not to make fun of Singaporeans but to wake Singaporeans up

Now this MP says this in Parliament

WAKE UP SINGAPOREANS, ADOPT A CAN-DO ATTITUDE

DON'T BE A FUCKING CHOW AH GUA

http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/Singapore/Story/STIStory_381483.html

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
May 25, 2009

We're too mollycoddled

By Lee Siew Hua, Senior Political Correspondent

DOES a father of an eight-year- old learning to ride a bike line the streets with cushions so the child will not hurt himself if he falls?

Answering his own question, MP Sam Tan (Tanjong Pagar GRC) felt it is best for the child to take the knocks as they come.

'A boy who is mollycoddled is a very different person from the one who is physically tough and takes spills without fear and whining,' he said on Monday.

This, too, can be the approach in helping Singaporeans during tough times, he told Parliament.

Noting that Singaporeans are continuing to spend amid the recession, he said this was good as it had a multiplier effect. But what concerned him was that they may be spending out of a false sense of security.

Mr Tan also noticed that some citizens - including the elderly who in the past relied on their children - are starting to zoom in on Government help, regarding it as an entitlement:

'Today, many see Government help as an entitlement, something that they should tap on as a first port of call, rather than a last resort,' he observed.

The elderly tell him they want to spare their children the 'burden' of caring for them. But Mr Tan is astonished and dismayed, and sometimes tells the supplicants: 'You should let your children care for you, not the state... because it is the right thing to do.'

Filial piety, he said, is one of the most fundamental values of the human race.

The reality is that the Government is now practised in the craft of 'recession-cushioning', he said as he questioned the true impact of this largesse and efficiency.

Read the full report in Tuesday's edition of The Straits Times.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are full of shit seriously. Would you want me to feed you some more? Open your mouth and say aah.

You probably need brain and plastic surgery too.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
We all know how fucked up sinkies are. We don't need MPs to tell us the obvious. :rolleyes:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all know how fucked up sinkies are. We don't need MPs to tell us the obvious. :rolleyes:

.......................:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

we all know u like to suck ang mor's dick. no need to make it so bloody obvious:oIo::oIo::oIo:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans, heed the words of Sam Tan, the 'tough' 'independent' politician who rode to office on the coattails of LKY without having to face an election. Not only would he have not fallen while learning to ride, he was in fact given two pairs of training wheels, which he still uses.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a start bro, you might want to describe your place of business correctly. It cannot be a restaurant as you have plastic chairs flying in the wind, you collect money first from some patrons before serving them. Haven't heard of a restuarant doing that.

You seem obssessed with taxi drivers but claim that they are rude to your staff and not you.

You also seem get the wrong end of the stick when such articles appear. Only 2 months ago, both Viv B and some other MP lamented that money is still in the kitty to help the needy in such difficult times but they are concerned that such people do not want to come forward.

Now we have a PAP MP who is saying the exact opposite. The journalist Lee Siew Hua made a fool of herself writing the disastrous article on her Melbourne trip which led her supervisor making a subtle apology.

At least attempt to drive on the right side of the street when making comments.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you expect when you keep on sucking money from the citizen? If they dun take, others will and everything will still go up including the Minister's pay.

Mr Tan also noticed that some citizens - including the elderly who in the past relied on their children - are starting to zoom in on Government help, regarding it as an entitlement:

'Today, many see Government help as an entitlement, something that they should tap on as a first port of call, rather than a last resort,' he observed.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st say singaporean spending is good, then say singaporean spending on false security,,,

say singaporeans are weak, don't he know what happen to the singapore education system?

with cost so high, the kids paying expensive pigeon holes, you think they have alot of money left for their parents? and with the import of FT depressing the salary further, KNNB SAM

wake the f888 up MP, before you and the CB Old fart gets voted out

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I say the pap MPs are useless and balll.ss. They are just yes-men and kow tow to lky.

so u believe what they say?

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a start bro, you might want to describe your place of business correctly. It cannot be a restaurant as you have plastic chairs flying in the wind, you collect money first from some patrons before serving them. Haven't heard of a restuarant doing that.

Bro scroobal,
Aiyo! You're a frog in the well lah! There's such kind of restaurant practice lah! You can pay first before you get served at the famous CHOWAHGUABESOTTED RESTAURANT@ la Desker. :biggrin:

Great food!

hiak! hiak! hiak!
DOM

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah right...well sam tan first all cut your bloody obscene tax payer's salary by half same goes for your pap elitist masters all the up to prataman himself...then perhaps you can come back and lecture us...bloody cheek

I say this not to make fun of Singaporeans but to wake Singaporeans up

Now this MP says this in Parliament

WAKE UP SINGAPOREANS, ADOPT A CAN-DO ATTITUDE

DON'T BE A FUCKING CHOW AH GUA

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
quite true...recall that yoohoo lady saying "please ask for help if you really need it"...and now this arse wipe sam tan comes along with his sanctimonious drivel and what really get's my goat is that this cretin sam tan is taking up a parl sec position and getting a big fat tax payer's salary...this bum really needs to eat more salt man

You also seem get the wrong end of the stick when such articles appear. Only 2 months ago, both Viv B and some other MP lamented that money is still in the kitty to help the needy in such difficult times but they are concerned that such people do not want to come forward.

Now we have a PAP MP who is saying the exact opposite. .

hey what was that all about? any link?

The journalist Lee Siew Hua made a fool of herself writing the disastrous article on her Melbourne trip which led her supervisor making a subtle apology.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for letting me know bro. I bet their famous dish is chicken.

This guy really have no clue about Singapore. Whole life talking about PRC meimei, taxi driver and his restaurant.

Bro scroobal,
Aiyo! You're a frog in the well lah! There's such kind of restaurant practice lah! You can pay first before you get served at the famous CHOWAHGUABESOTTED RESTAURANT@ la Desker. :biggrin:

Great food!

hiak! hiak! hiak!
DOM

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal

You seem obssessed with taxi drivers but claim that they are rude to your staff and not you.

Now we have a PAP MP who is saying the exact opposite. The journalist Lee Siew Hua made a fool of herself writing the disastrous article on her Melbourne trip which led her supervisor making a subtle apology.

You pick and choose one or two lines and then attack me. But that is your style, you can't change a leopard's spots

The chairs flying was during that super-windy night and I was referring to what I witnessed, not my restaurant. If you are too free, you can check

I collect from young angmohs - those under 30 - before they order. And I tell my staff don't serve beer to them. If they are not happy, it's okay, I don't need angmoh business. They are a nuisance and I have many bad experience with angmoh. Poor upbringing.

Unfortunately young Singaporeans have lost our Confucian and Asian values because they watch too many Hollywood movies and ape the West.

Taxi drivers are rude to my PRC staff and they are in foreign land, dont want to create a scene.

Now I just try to stick to five regular taxi drivers, two of them originally from Hong Kong, onr from PRC, the other two local

Foreigners work harder and complain less. Singaporeans always complain and idle like fuck

What MPs say in Parliament is true

Singaporeans are MOLLYCODDLED CHOW AH GUA

Do NS still ah gua, ptui!

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
And before some clown comes in and say taxi driver must be citizen,

yes the three of them are citizens after staying here for some years

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
th_suwrap31m.jpg