• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Moronic CHINESE immigrants don't understand democracy!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Damned Chinese show their stupidity no matter where they are in the world!:rolleyes:

Immigrant voters find democracy hard to understand

4:00AM Tuesday Oct 07, 2008
By Lincoln Tan

In the electorate where immigrants and Asians outnumber New Zealand-born voters, confusion reigns.

Some voters in Botany are scared to vote against the ruling party for fear of reprisal, and others think National and New Zealand First are the same party because they both start with N.

A Herald street poll of 100 people found nine of 14 Chinese voters planned to give their party vote to Labour even though they wanted a change in government, and four who didn't think their votes were secret.

Three people said they would vote New Zealand First although their preferred Prime Minister was John Key.

One from Malaysia said he would vote NZ First because Winston Peters was in a similar position to a prominent Malaysian politician whom he also supports.

Others thought Helen Clark was standing as their Labour candidate, and not Koro Tawa, because her pictures were on the Labour Party billboards in the electorate.

Such confusion could partly explain why the poll found NZ First to have significantly higher-than-average support in Botany - at 10 per cent, it is more than twice the 3 per cent rating in other opinion polls.

Explaining why she chose NZ First for her party vote when John Key was her preferred PM, first-time voter and Chinese immigrant Doris Yu, 28, said in Mandarin: "I thought NZ First was John Key's party. It is difficult to differentiate between the two parties' logos because both NZ First and National uses the letter N ... I hope I don't make the same mistake on election day."

Another, advertising sales rep Huang I-Chia, 29, of Meadowlands, who came here as a student from Taiwan in 1994, said: "I thought John Key was the leader of NZ First."

A voter who didn't want to be identified, originally from China, said she would vote Labour because she didn't think her vote was secret.

"I am sponsoring my mother for residency and I am worried that if Labour gets re-elected, the Immigration Department will reject my application," she said in Mandarin.

Manying Ip, an associate professor of Asian studies at Auckland University, says many Chinese immigrants struggle to understand democracy.

"They don't believe it when they are told they can vote for whoever they like, and even the more intelligent people from the mainland really fear the Government," she said.

The poll found National candidate Pansy Wong to be the clear favourite for MP, with 52 supporting, compared to only 13 who said they will be voting for Koro Tawa and eight for former Act MP Kenneth Wang.

The party vote shows a much closer fight between the big two - with 40 supporting National and 32 for Labour.

Copyright ©2008, APN Holdings NZ Limited

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damned Chinese show their stupidity no matter where they are in the world!:rolleyes:

They may be stupid in the process of a foreign land democracy but I would say they are smart enough to migrate and make it, even to vote. Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, it can destroy before one even realize it.
attachment.php

Cheers.
attachment.php

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Democracy isn't always a good idea. Given the chance to choose, ppl will select what's worst for them. Look at the United States!!!

By Lincoln Tan

Z

Zombie

I understand where your anger comes from. You know very well that they are stupid to have chosen NZ, but there is nothing you can do about it. :p :biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pray tell what does that have to do with chinese immigrants??????????????????

I am sure the immigrants from other countries do not know how to vote.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese are no interested in democracy, they are interested in making money.They had survive numerous type of governments from autocracy to communism. Whatever forms of govt you throw at them, they will outlive the various type of govt. Their survival instincts had ensured they survived disastrous upheaval.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Their survival instincts had ensured they survived disastrous upheaval.

Chinese and cockroaches obviously have a lot in common. :rolleyes:

Behavior

Cockroaches live in a wide range of environments around the world. Pest species of cockroaches adapt readily to a variety of environments, but prefer warm conditions found within buildings. Many tropical species prefer even warmer environments and do not fare well in the average household.

Z

Zombie

Chinese and cockroaches obviously have a lot in common. :rolleyes:

Time for the first lesson in your life. :biggrin:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fgfmcAYuAj8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fgfmcAYuAj8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Now take the first test in your life. :biggrin:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tZIvgQ9ik48&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tZIvgQ9ik48&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Can you do better than the "green monster"? :p

eQuipment

Alfrescian
Loyal
so now, we know y they wanna bring in more chinese with a unique idea of 'democracy', and that idea of 'democracy' sings in the same tune as them

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My understanding of what happened in the US in the 80s with Chinese immigrants differ a bit. Those Chinese immigrants admitted during the more liberal Democrat Carter administration in the mid to late 70s, began voting for Republican Reagan in droves after they got their citizenship. Though they liked more liberal Chinese immigration policies, they became worried about Hispanic immigration into the US that certainly outnumbers Chinese manyfolds.

mockingbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some voters in Botany are scared to vote against the ruling party for fear of reprisal, and others think National and New Zealand First are the same party because they both start with N.

A Herald street poll of 100 people found nine of 14 Chinese voters planned to give their party vote to Labour even though they wanted a change in government, and four who didn't think their votes were secret.

Three people said they would vote New Zealand First although their preferred Prime Minister was John Key.

Very interesting voting behaviour which is very similar to Singaporean's.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese are no interested in democracy, they are interested in making money.They had survive numerous type of governments from autocracy to communism. Whatever forms of govt you throw at them, they will outlive the various type of govt. Their survival instincts had ensured they survived disastrous upheaval.

Couldnt agree more with you. They even had a symbol of tyranny, the great wall which still stands and as one of the wonders of the world.
attachment.php

Cheers.
attachment.php

KopiJoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boss

How does the kiwis feel about this thing that they are now out numbered by the new kiwis? auckland will be like shenzhen in 10 yrs time....i think there will be a dongmen shopping district too.

appreciate your honest comments since you are on the ground.

regards

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
These kind of PRC voters are highly sought after by the singkie gahmen and given SG citizenship on a platter :biggrin:

By Lincoln Tan

In the electorate where immigrants and Asians outnumber New Zealand-born voters, confusion reigns.

One from Malaysia said he would vote NZ First because Winston Peters was in a similar position to a prominent Malaysian politician whom he also supports.

Others thought Helen Clark was standing as their Labour candidate, and not Koro Tawa, because her pictures were on the Labour Party billboards in the electorate.

Such confusion could partly explain why the poll found NZ First to have significantly higher-than-average support in Botany - at 10 per cent, it is more than twice the 3 per cent rating in other opinion polls.

Explaining why she chose NZ First for her party vote when John Key was her preferred PM, first-time voter and Chinese immigrant Doris Yu, 28, said in Mandarin: "I thought NZ First was John Key's party. It is difficult to differentiate between the two parties' logos because both NZ First and National uses the letter N ... I hope I don't make the same mistake on election day."

Another, advertising sales rep Huang I-Chia, 29, of Meadowlands, who came here as a student from Taiwan in 1994, said: "I thought John Key was the leader of NZ First."

A voter who didn't want to be identified, originally from China, said she would vote Labour because she didn't think her vote was secret.

"I am sponsoring my mother for residency and I am worried that if Labour gets re-elected, the Immigration Department will reject my application," she said in Mandarin.

Manying Ip, an associate professor of Asian studies at Auckland University, says many Chinese immigrants struggle to understand democracy.

[COLOR="_______"]"They don't believe it when they are told they can vote for whoever they like, and even the more intelligent people from the mainland really fear the Government," she said.
[/COLOR]

The poll found National candidate Pansy Wong to be the clear favourite for MP, with 52 supporting, compared to only 13 who said they will be voting for Koro Tawa and eight for former Act MP Kenneth Wang.

The party vote shows a much closer fight between the big two - with 40 supporting National and 32 for Labour.

Copyright ©2008, APN Holdings NZ Limited