• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More Cases of Extreme Shoddy Workmanship in New Million$ Pigeonholes

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]What Bugs Me [/h]
Posted on 30 Nov 2011
Renovation defects found in newly-built Punggol premium flats
renovation_defects_found_in_newlybuilt_punggol_premium_flats-thumbnail.jpg

Residents were met with design faults and shoddy renovation works inside their newly-constructed flats in Punggol even though they paid a premium for it. According to STOMPer Punggol Arcadia, complaints to the Building Services Centre (BSC) were met with a foul attitude.

The defects were varied -- ranging from stones inside the taps preventing water flow to 'blisters' on the finishes of sinks and also poor finishes on the parquet floooring.

The STOMPer wrote:

“The chief executive of HDB was quoted in a recent article, saying that residents could use good interior design and arrange their furniture to create better storage options that will give that feeling of space.

“However, a lot of recently-completed BTO flats in Punggol have numerous design faults and very poor finishing even though residents were charged with high premiums.

“The many defects, coupled with the bad service attitude of the staffs from the Building Services Centre, is making everyone feel dejected when we were initially looking forward to the keys collection

“I hope this will get the attention of the relevant authority for their assistance in these issues.”

Click on thumbnails for larger image

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah what to expect when getting FW from china, bangladesh at cheapest salary possible. used to get cheapest contract from malaysian , that is not to my standard, now it is even worse. those fw bringing their low standard to singapore.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is time for protest!!

but do sinkies have the balls to do it.. let's see..

I hope i am wrong but i have always been right... i am too used to being right... what to do.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the price to pay when HDB start rushing out flats & awarding tenders at lowest prices. And these main contractors carry out the good practice of sub-contracting to the lowest pty...vicious cycle.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
the price to pay when HDB start rushing out flats & awarding tenders at lowest prices. And these main contractors carry out the good practice of sub-contracting to the lowest pty...vicious cycle.

yes everyone benefits except the people at the bottom of the chain.

psy83

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is defiantly unacceptable and HDB has to take responsibility and sort things out asap while also giving compensation to those effected.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is defiantly unacceptable and HDB has to take responsibility and sort things out asap while also giving compensation to those effected.

in certain cases, it takes some "pressure" before they start moving their ass.

go see the MP is one...make that millionaire work for you...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Masonry workers, carpenters, tilers, bricklayers, plumbing - these are all skilled trades. Quallified workers need to go through vocational training, apprenticeship and some time on the field before becoming competent.

Using general workers for construction work wiil not produce the desired results. Good luck with your cheap bangla crap, I've wintessed them "diluting" paint with water. It's even more horrific if their supervisor knew of it and turned a blind eye.

Cheers!

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when contractor tender a project, there are many competitors.
they sure lower down their prices and to cover their cost, employ FT and use low grade material.

on top of that, the HDB sure squeezed the contractor price and to maximize their profits.