• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MOM on the prowl

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
thank you for this info sir. I will immediately relay this to my friends who are employing tonychat and 666 illegally. They will have to look for other guys to do the dishes in their restaurant kitchens.

To all employers,

Engage Part-timers & Foreigners please take extra care.

Take note of their age, work eligibility status (foreigners on student pass are not allowed to work)
Refer to MOM website; http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpo...ore/Pages/employment-of-foreign-students.aspx)

MOM staff will suddenly appear at your stall... Spot check!

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all employers,

Engage Part-timers & Foreigners please take extra care.

Take note of their age, work eligibility status (foreigners on student pass are not allowed to work)
Refer to MOM website; http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpo...ore/Pages/employment-of-foreign-students.aspx)

MOM staff will suddenly appear at your stall... Spot check!

What a joke. The real problem is the FTrash taking PMET jobs and not foreign students working part-time for a quick buck.

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a joke. The real problem is the FTrash taking PMET jobs and not foreign students working part-time for a quick buck.

You are the idiot here. You have obviously never met foreign students working full-time. I have no idea if they are studying part-time or not.

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are the idiot here. You have obviously never met foreign students working full-time. I have no idea if they are studying part-time or not.

The foreign students working full time are unlikely to work as highly skilled labour. On the other hand, there are plenty of foreign students doing part-time jobs.

<a href: "http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/stomp/3552/4132/202932">Are these China students really here to study?</a>

There are bros here who cheong KTVs. You can ask them.

While some prostitute themselves, others distribute flyers or do freelance recruiting/telemarketing. 700 "universities" are on the MOM's approved list. MOM can happily take their sweet time to check. Plenty to go around. If they manage to escape the authorities and graduate with crap qualifications, they are automatically deemed to be "foreign talent" or skilled labour and allowed <a href:"http://sg.news.yahoo.com/scheme-helping-foreign-graduates-seek-jobs-discontinued--mom.html">a period of three months</a> to hunt for jobs here. In the meantime, the flesh trade or other means funds their living expenses.

Muthukali

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thank you for this info sir. I will immediately relay this to my friends who are employing tonychat and 666 illegally. They will have to look for other guys to do the dishes in their restaurant kitchens.

I think u got it wrong, janitors should they be.

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
The foreign students working full time are unlikely to work as highly skilled labour. On the other hand, there are plenty of foreign students doing part-time jobs.

Your kind of reasoning is exactly the reason why Sinkandpoor is in the current state today. The first step is to divide the population into unskilled, semi-skilled and highly-skilled labour. What gives you the right to decide that only highly-skilled labour should be protected from foreign competition? Perhaps the highly-skilled is not as highly-skilled if they can be easily replaced by foreigners. All workers should have equal rights. :oIo:

Last edited:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your kind of reasoning is exactly the reason why Sinkandpoor is in the current state today. The first step is to divide the population into unskilled, semi-skilled and highly-skilled labour. What gives you the right to decide that only highly-skilled labour should be protected from foreign competition? Perhaps the highly-skilled is not as highly-skilled if they can be easily replaced by foreigners. All workers should have equal rights. :oIo:

The point of importing foreign labour is to plug the gaps in the job market locals are unable/unwilling to fill. These include roles with specialized skill sets and the "3D" (dangerous, dirty, and demeaning) jobs. Sinkieland has a highly educated/qualified population. Are you saying that our polytechnic/university graduates do not want to do/are incapable of doing finance, accounting, engineering, or marketing jobs? We also have Sinkies who are not that educated but have professional experience in their fields. Don't tell me they are suddenly incapable of doing their executive/professional jobs. Why aren't Sinkies given more of a chance?

Since Sinkieland is an "advanced" country, it has to move up the value chain. This means a transition into a more knowledge-based economy with the creation of high value jobs. There is no point in investing in education for Sinkies if insufficient quality jobs are available to them or jobs they should be doing are going to "foreign talents" with dodgy qualifications and professional experience. (Most of the education institutes in neighbouring shithole suck. In India and China, you can buy yourself a degree and in addition, receive some protection from background checks.) If the majority of the locals are highly educated and/or have professional experience, they should receive greater consideration.

This is not to say we should leave the less educated behind. Instead of having E2i or other institutions encouraging these Sinkies to take up WSQ diploma/certificate courses in retail, security or engineering (covers little in terms of scope) and settling for a job with shit pay - does anyone need a fucking certificate in retail management to serve customers at Giordano?! - the regime should create courses which are perceived as more professional and allow their graduates to apply for more qualified jobs. Why do we need so many fucking Indians in IT when we could have Sinkies doing the same thing? Offer courses in SAP, systems management, IT platform maintenance, HTML, and programming languages and sponsor 100% of the course fees for Sinkies. If they can sponsor some fucking ah tiong to study in NUS and give him/her a fucking allowance, I don't see why the same benefits cannot be offered to Sinkies, especially those who are less educated, earn shit pay, above 35, have family,and financial and other commitments. They may be at the lower rungs but if they are willing to learn, greater efforts should be made to help them move up the professional ladder.

Perhaps the highly-skilled is not as highly-skilled if they can be easily replaced by foreigners.

You can be the best employee in the world but it does not mean you cannot be replaced. A foreign manager can always remove a Sinkie from his position or force him to resign so that his seat goes to his countryman. If you cannot understand simple things like this, I feel sorry for you.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forummer Philistine is correct to comment that PMET cat is the main problem that has be avoided in all public communications.

Why call other ppl an idiot:confused: Young foreign students unlikely to work in the PMET cat, while mature foreign students working in the PMET cat is extremely ridiculously small, if there are any.

Maybe to you Foreign Talent = Foreign Workers.

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fuck for, warning shitty cheap skate employers about the labour law? Fuck them for being cheapskate and stupid to take up high rentals with their stupid ideas that cant make money. End of the day, they need cheap labour in order to survive but indirectly lowering their service standard and ultimately they still fail in their shitty business.

Last edited: