• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Modern Monks

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
393148692GkfYQw_fs.jpg

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now I have a better understanding of monkhood and nunhood. I used to wonder whether the person in grey robe and bald head driving a big mercedes benz passed my place was a nun or someone who looks like one. Must be a modern nun.

Monks and priests are human after all - they can own big houses and buy properties all over the world for investment.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's no such thing as a ancient or modern monk, Buddha's teaching are universal and will withstand the test of time.
The basis of his teaching is very simple "Do good, do no evil and keep the mind pure"

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Modern 'Buddhists' like to gossip and small talks like u, if u are a buddhist....I am sorry u have broken 1 of the 5 precepts.

I am just asking what is a modern monk, since the monk in question, says that he is A MODERN MONK...

so, how many precepts have the 'modern monk' in question broken?:wink:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am just asking what is a modern monk, since the monk in question, says that he is A MODERN MONK...

so, how many precepts have the 'modern monk' in question broken?:wink:

Modern monks pray to PC and consider Bill Gates as the prophet..... they chant in hexadecimal or IOIOOOIIIOOO or sometimes in alphanumeric :biggrin::biggrin::confused::biggrin::biggrin:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is an insult to the religious groups.
i consider him,worse than Durai.
first,it was discovered that his degree is fake and then now his way of living and thoughts are way out of that of a religious person.
a monk is a monk,modern or tradition,those rules should not have changed. :mad: