• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MIWs persistent problems with Mammorgrams?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
First is Lim Hng Kiang, Now MR KHAW?

What's the problem with them?

Maybe if the health ministar wears a dress, there won't be such problems?

Isn't prevention much better than cure?

Or maybe there is something to hide? :biggrin:

SINGAPORE : Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan said he is "sympathetic" to the idea of using Medisave to help pay for mammograms.

However, he wants to ensure the idea is sustainable and will not "cause future problems".

In his latest blog entry, Mr Khaw clarified what he said to reporters on Sunday concerning this issue, which was raised by Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Lim Hwee Hwa last week.

The health minister said he did not reject Mrs Lim's suggestion but wants to remind Singaporeans that Medisave should be used primarily to offset high hospitalisation bills.

He is concerned that Medisave would be depleted prematurely.

However, he acknowledges the benefits of prevention and early screenings and sees how Medisave can be used to pay for such expenses.

Currently mammogram subsidies are available for the lower income group. - CNA

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"He is concerned that Medisave would be depleted prematurely.

What he is saying is...CPF money is theirs to keep!...we give, they keep. Isn't what medisave is for?, in time of need, we use them??

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
StupidFace3.png

Next time you get Singaporeans using Medisave to pay for breast enhancement and penis enlargement .

Last edited:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
"He is concerned that Medisave would be depleted prematurely.

What he is saying is...CPF money is theirs to keep!...we give, they keep. Isn't what medisave is for?, in time of need, we use them??

I don't think he is saying that.

What i think he is saying is that it will be horrendous when a person need money for really critical hospital bills and no medisave to pay for them.

Mammograms are not critical. They are diagnostic.

Personally I find Mr Khaw a very sane and reasonable man.

Last edited:

Areopagus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mammograms have been shown all over the world to save lives. Too many women in Singapore die from breast cancer.

I guess saving women's lives is not critical for you or Mr Khaw

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mammograms have been shown all over the world to save lives. Too many women in Singapore die from breast cancer.

Selfish women all over Singapore disallowed men to grope their mammary glands .

Breast cancer strikes selfish women .

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal

That is where your guess is wrong.

You need to guess better.