• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MIW say MPs in Singapore work long hours

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. no wonder sinkieland productivity dips man!
2. paid mil-dollar and just walking hoh!
3. after that, here painful there painful.
4. wanted pity or compassion for walking around!

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Newspapers should also report on LTK and CST, how hard they work.

Personally i would like to know how hardworking are the PAP MPs in my estate. It is about the only way i can appreciate their efforts on the residents' behalf.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
A wise man once told me this....

"If you wanna get paid highly for being hardworking, then a buffalo working the fields should get paid more!"

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Newspapers should also report on LTK and CST, how hard they work.

Personally i would like to know how hardworking are the PAP MPs in my estate. It is about the only way i can appreciate their efforts on the residents' behalf.

Newspaper will never report such news on LTK, CST and other opposition members.

Luckily we have internet/forums. Read here not too long ago someone posted about CST himself changing light bulb along a corridor one late evening after being informed by a resident ? Talk to the residents there and you may hear more activites done by these MPs that may put those MIW to shame.

If PAP MPs do that, you can be sure hordes of reporters will be there behind a white tape few hours before the MP turn up, followed by great report writeup the next day with photos to boot. Of course not forgeting the reserve carparks and the Por LumPars wash the floor first before the PAP MP turns up to change the light bulb.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been working 14 hour days for the past few months and I earn only a fraction of what they are earning.

You should consider a job upgrade, find out when they are havinga tea party, be a member, joing the memnership, work 18 hrs a day, and earn million dollar a year..

UPGRADE...they tell you to!! UPGRADE your SKILLS..be a ministar!:biggrin:

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luckily we have internet/forums. Read here not too long ago someone posted about CST himself changing light bulb along a corridor one late evening after being informed by a resident ? Talk to the residents there and you may hear more activites done by these MPs that may put those MIW to shame.

CST was said to have suffered a minor stroke. In the videos on the RP inauguration party, he did not appear to be that well. Therefore for him to had changed the light-bulb....it is best to carry a section to clarify that he can still function at that level, why it is safe for him to do so, why none of the other Town Council members are doing it and finally how hard he is working for the residents.

In this way, that post will cover most angles.

Otherwise there will always be questions about the accuracy of the post.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is true that they have to work long hours, I personally witness it.

Do you guys know how many HDBs are there? There are so many corridors to walk about and a lot of time is needed by the MPs and Ministers to clear the mileage! Probably they even have to report how far they have covered everyday!

Is that true? i been staying in my estate for 10 years and two elections gone by, never saw my MP making his round once...anyway that useless bum will be stepping down soon..

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
If PAP MPs do that, you can be sure hordes of reporters will be there behind a white tape few hours before the MP turn up, followed by great report writeup the next day with photos to boot. Of course not forgeting the reserve carparks and the Por LumPars wash the floor first before the PAP MP turns up to change the light bulb.

I cannot even imagine my PAP MP doing that.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is that true? i been staying in my estate for 10 years and two elections gone by, never saw my MP making his round once...

Me neither.

For that matter, i also did not see any opposition MPs making their rounds once for the last 10 years even though they are enthusiastically campaigning in my estate in the 9 days of election

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why our own Health Minister do not believe in the doctors under his charge and seek TuiNa treatment instead? This speaks a lot about his trust in the health care system that he is in-charge of, isn't it?

The last sentence "They make community service meaningful and totally satisfying!". He says it as if he is doing volunteer work!

20091201.181058_health_minister.jpg

Members of Parliament in Singapore lead busy lives and can work for up to 18 hours a day, reported Shin Min Daily News.

Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan is no exception.

He spends his days attending meetings and conducting discussions with healthcare staff to understand their views and recommendations on healthcare policies.

Besides meetings, Mr Khaw makes time to read - in detail - policy papers and proposals to ensure that quality healthcare is made accessible to Singaporeans.

Official overseas trips are also part of his portfolio as a minister. However, sometimes they can take a toll on his health.

Sharing his work experience on his blog last Friday, Mr Khaw wrote: "I am here in Jiangsu for the annual bilateral cooperation council meeting. Winter has come early; it is supposed to be autumn but it was cold, chilly and foggy in Suzhou, Wuxi.

"Probably because of the winter chill, I developed a "frozen shoulder" on my right arm: could not lift the arm and brush my teeth firmly. Emailing is painful and I end up typing standing up. Even putting on a shirt is quite an operation and I have to learn to use more of my left arm.

"It is especially painful at night and sleep is less pleasant. I can now relate better to the sufferings of those with stroke disabilities."

Mr Khaw has since sought Tui Na - a Traditional Chinese Medicine style of massage - and is recovering well.

Readers and Singaporeans have expressed their concern for Mr Khaw's condition.

Some have emailed him while others have approached him during his HDB flat visiting rounds to ask after him.

Mr Khaw wrote: "I have just finished visiting two HDB blocks in Sembawang. Many residents asked me: "How's your arm?". I am very touched by their concern.

"I thanked them and said that after 2 tui-na sessions I had recovered about 75% before I left Shanghai yesterday. However, last night, the soreness returned which interrupted my sleep and I had to take a panadol and pasted a "tokuhon plaster" on my arm. I think the 5 hour flight on the plane must have caused some aggravation.

"I got up this morning feeling much better but I knew that I have not fully recovered and would have to consult a tui-na physician, or a physiotherapist, to complete the treatment.

"The residents' concerns are warm and touching. They make community service meaningful and totally satisfying!"