• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

MIW say MPs in Singapore work long hours

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
20091201.181058_health_minister.jpg

Members of Parliament in Singapore lead busy lives and can work for up to 18 hours a day, reported Shin Min Daily News.

Health Minister Khaw Boon Wan is no exception.

He spends his days attending meetings and conducting discussions with healthcare staff to understand their views and recommendations on healthcare policies.

Besides meetings, Mr Khaw makes time to read - in detail - policy papers and proposals to ensure that quality healthcare is made accessible to Singaporeans.

Official overseas trips are also part of his portfolio as a minister. However, sometimes they can take a toll on his health.

Sharing his work experience on his blog last Friday, Mr Khaw wrote: "I am here in Jiangsu for the annual bilateral cooperation council meeting. Winter has come early; it is supposed to be autumn but it was cold, chilly and foggy in Suzhou, Wuxi.

"Probably because of the winter chill, I developed a "frozen shoulder" on my right arm: could not lift the arm and brush my teeth firmly. Emailing is painful and I end up typing standing up. Even putting on a shirt is quite an operation and I have to learn to use more of my left arm.

"It is especially painful at night and sleep is less pleasant. I can now relate better to the sufferings of those with stroke disabilities."

Mr Khaw has since sought Tui Na - a Traditional Chinese Medicine style of massage - and is recovering well.

Readers and Singaporeans have expressed their concern for Mr Khaw's condition.

Some have emailed him while others have approached him during his HDB flat visiting rounds to ask after him.

Mr Khaw wrote: "I have just finished visiting two HDB blocks in Sembawang. Many residents asked me: "How's your arm?". I am very touched by their concern.

"I thanked them and said that after 2 tui-na sessions I had recovered about 75% before I left Shanghai yesterday. However, last night, the soreness returned which interrupted my sleep and I had to take a panadol and pasted a "tokuhon plaster" on my arm. I think the 5 hour flight on the plane must have caused some aggravation.

"I got up this morning feeling much better but I knew that I have not fully recovered and would have to consult a tui-na physician, or a physiotherapist, to complete the treatment.

"The residents' concerns are warm and touching. They make community service meaningful and totally satisfying!"

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/942Mn92k1JE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/942Mn92k1JE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you think about it, go on 1 7 days jiak hong trip = 7 * 24hrs work.
Go a few more trip and average up the rest of the working hours, I can also declare I work 18hr days

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Work?

Lun Cheow! They only WORK UP Singaporeans with their lung cheow/chee bye mouths.

1. S'poreans of poor stock - Jenniper Tio Bitch

2. lesser Mortals - Charlee Chong

3. Aged parents to JB to die - Ministar Cow

4. FTs are good for S'pore - All MIWs
:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way the the article is written, one gets the impression that he is carrying out his duties for free.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is true that they have to work long hours, I personally witness it.

Do you guys know how many HDBs are there? There are so many corridors to walk about and a lot of time is needed by the MPs and Ministers to clear the mileage! Probably they even have to report how far they have covered everyday!

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roughly translated need to pay me MORE!

Cannot stand the workload please step aside and let others do it. :mad:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've never seen my MP/MPs whether before or after elections. It's more like they are so tied up attending Board meetings as Directors rather than being the People's servant. That's why they are so busy. There's money on the sidelines to be made. Also they are so tired by the time they made it to Parliament sessions that they are always sleeping!

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
But how much of those hours are dedicated to actual hard work i wonder?

When you got an entire ministry of slaves at your disposal, very tiring meh?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is true that they have to work long hours, I personally witness it.

Do you guys know how many HDBs are there? There are so many corridors to walk about and a lot of time is needed by the MPs and Ministers to clear the mileage! Probably they even have to report how far they have covered everyday!

hi there

1. wow! this is new to me that they literally walk meh!
2. coupled with the dogs tailing behind and those pas and secretaries, plenty of mileage to clock leh!
3. very very hardworking, also deserves more pay mah!
4. ordinary man-on-the-street works 9 to 5 and no stress hoh!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But how much of those hours are dedicated to actual hard work i wonder?

When you got an entire ministry of slaves at your disposal, very tiring meh?

You get all the grasslooters doing all the work, from polishiing shoes to polishing 'balls'...what 18 hrs work? :wink:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard of them holding multiple directorships? They get paid for all these posts whereas Singaporeans of lesser mortal will have to be fast, cheap and good.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>Mr Khaw has since sought Tui Na - a Traditional Chinese Medicine style of massage - and is recovering well.<<

We should find out what kind of Tui Na so SPECIAL, can let him recover well wor!

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
With thousands of civil SERVANTS and many scholars working for them, travel first class, everything pre-arranged for them including their speeches, carpark reserved next to event, world's top 30 minister salary, pension for life........what is there to complain about ? And only quote the most busiest day working hours ? How about the other 364 days ?

Any person working on tenders will know a few days prior to submission, one can expect to work round the clock to complete the document irregardless of number of sleepless nights, all by themself without PAs, and getting a misery salary. And getting fxxK if failed to win project. Do they complain ?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>Mr Khaw has since sought Tui Na - a Traditional Chinese Medicine style of massage - and is recovering well.<<

We should find out what kind of Tui Na so SPECIAL, can let him recover well wor!

Does it include 'jua gen' also? with a China Mei Mei?:biggrin:

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've never seen my MP/MPs whether before or after elections. It's more like they are so tied up attending Board meetings as Directors rather than being the People's servant. That's why they are so busy. There's money on the sidelines to be made. Also they are so tired by the time they made it to Parliament sessions that they are always sleeping!

You mean yours have not started his walk about yet? Hmmm.... must be retiring. Change of guards in your area soon.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Members of Parliament in Singapore lead busy lives and can work for up to 18 hours a day, reported Shin Min Daily News.

It is wonderful to know that our MPs work so hard.

Some are not aware.

Last edited:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is wonderful to know that our MPs work so hard.

If Shin Min Daily News had not mentioned it, many would not be aware.

Better be careful when u quote long working hours. Cos when there are not much results or output, people can say u

CHOR BO LAN!​