• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minister: These jobs can do?

mascott

Alfrescian
Loyal
Retrenched, luckless in interviews.

Therefore, was trying my luck in courier despatch van services with own vehicle (actually it is my dad's). Came upon two advertisements and went for the interviews.

Advertisement 1 - Post-man with own vehicle
  • Sending restricts to 1 District/Area
  • Per item ranges from SGD0.12 - SGD4.00. Depends on the weight & method of sending. Can be mailbox or door to door or signature required. Mostly are letters that earns u SGD0.12 each. And those need signatures are mostly from offices, shopping mall, factory and you have do it during office hours.
  • Working hours flexible. Can do it during midnight (place letters in mailbox or slide them under the door).
  • Must finish each batch within 3 working days
  • No claim is allowed (carpark, erp and etc).
Does anyone know how much (on average) the company is charging the sender? my guess is around SGD0.5 - SGD 12 each

Advertisement 2 - Full time courier driver with own vehicle.
  • Sending restricts to 1 District/Area
  • Report to work in town at 8am. 2 x ERP
  • Go back to town at noon to retrieve more items. got ERP!
  • Go back to office to return documents during evening. 2 x ERP!!!!!!!
  • 5 days work week. SGD2300 + SGD300 attendance allowance per month.
  • No CPF, No annual leave, no medical leave, no pay for the day if fail to turn up regardless reason, deduction will be made if there are less working days in the month (more public holidays).
  • Here comes the worst, the company will withhold 1 month of pay! company will relase SGD100-200 to you if u need money for fuel and makan.
  • No claim is allowed (carpark, erp and etc)
The amazing part of the interview was the interviewer refused to answer me when i queried on the number of van drivers they had currently!

After deducting fuel, maintanence, road tax, insurance, erp, carparks and season parking, how much is left from these 2 jobs? 1 freak accident can make u loose income and eventually the job.

My Conclusion: Singapore companies depress the wages that singaporeans (me!) rather die than to accept, and goverment will claim that we are choosy and fussy. If any of the PAP MP is willing to work for one of the two positions for a month, i sure vote for him in the next ge, regardless party

For those interested to know the names of the companies, let me know..

Last edited:

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
For your info the govt just came up with an entity mysterious and confusing to a mass comm degree holder like me with a tongue twister of a name called "TriaparTITe". what more for heartlanders wif bad england?

Their ads I saw numerous times on my way back home. saw their website with no clear definition of whats going on. Key word should be "PRACTICES". Meaning bab people dont get fined or whatever because its not legit, its just practices....training training, testing testing, practice. chao chee bye.

round about double speak comes to mind....All that ad dollars....fuck me....whos accountable for all this bad communications. triapartite? what word is that. can anybody spell or remember..!!

heres the webby

http://www.fairemployment.sg/

Dmode101

Alfrescian
Loyal
notice i even spelt it wrong again. TWICE. Honest.

Thats how bad this naming is. I think they have a meeting, whoever this "fair" employment entity is. and brain stormed what would be the most EASILY UNDERSTOOD common word for the masses. and hoot!

Someone manage to include "TIT" in the word. That would make everyone remember!

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Retrenched, luckless in interviews.
My Conclusion: Singapore companies depress the wages that singaporeans (me!) rather die than to accept, and goverment will claim that we are choosy and fussy.[/I]

of course, the business have zero interest in hiring sinkies, if they can, they will fire every single sinkies in their book and hire FT to replace them.

Every single one of them sinkies.

The only place sinkies left to go is to PAP, police,army and some ministry.tell your children the important information, dun let them suffer let we did,