• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Matland] - M'sian woman receives only S$36 per angbao for wedding from all her colleagues, was so upset she was 'unable to sleep' for several nights

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
angbao.jpg

https://mothership.sg/2024/08/woman-shocked-rm120-angbao-wedding/

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Knn these 不要脸 whores and sluts can think of is money and money.
The fact that she lamented on social medias means she is prepared for all the colleagues to know about her complaints.
Same as gansiokbin 不要脸 贱货 cheated wedding money to go honeymoon.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
M'sia woman receives S$36 angbao for wedding from colleagues, was 'unable to sleep' for several nights
"The question is, I treat people as VIP, but what do they treat me as?" the woman lamented.

Keyla Supharta |

August 14, 2024, 09:17 PM

TelegramWhatsapp
A woman in Malaysia took to social media about receiving what she perceived to be an unacceptable angbao amount for her wedding.

Finally threw a wedding after four years
In a post shared on Facebook, the woman shared that she had planned to host her wedding four years ago, but her plan was delayed due to Covid-19.

After twists and turns, the woman was finally able to throw a wedding in June this year.

However, the cost of goods has increased at least two to three times since the pandemic, driving the cost of her wedding higher.

She had to compromise by hosting her wedding at a different place than her initial location.

The woman also painstakingly chose her host, photographer, videographer, make-up artist, and other components of her wedding.

She and her husband narrowed down 100 people to attend the wedding, which the woman dubbed as "VIP".

"I treat people as VIP, but what do they treat me as?"
"The question is, I treat people as VIP, but what do they treat me as?" the woman lamented.

When it was time for the couple to open the wedding angbao, the woman was disappointed to realise that her current colleagues only gave her RM120 (S$36) each.

"Hello! It's 2024, is there still a banquet that costs RM120 (S$36) per person? Do you think it's still 20 years ago?" the woman wrote.

The woman added that they still needed to pay a 16 per cent tax and pay for the alcohol provided at the wedding.

"Do you think my wedding is Haidilao? I'm sure even a meal there costs more than RM120 (S$36)."

The woman said that she was unable to sleep for several nights after her wedding.

Driven by emotion, the woman added that she would not eat with these colleagues anymore.

"Don't say you want to attend (the wedding) if you can't afford it."

"Lucky I'm not your friend"
Many commenters were unable to sympathise with the woman's complaint.

Several commenters wrote: "Lucky I'm not your friend."

One commenter said: "Guess you intended to earn money from the wedding. It doesn't matter if you fail this time, do it a few more times. Pick yourself up from where you fell."

Another commenter told the woman that it's more important that the guests who came were satisfied and happy during the wedding, and not let other people pay for her happiness.

Top image via

If you like what you read, follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Telegram to get the latest updates.

Sikodolaukazzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Both are right and wrong.
But the bottom line is --- $36 dollahs is peanuts.
The VIP guests should have given a minimum of $60 dollahs which is about 200 leengit
I would have given $250 dollahs which is about 850 leengit

Knnbccb this is RM149.90

Jul_3mnK1IvdR_453f8f36-ed2b-4b57-999b-468c4aa89c89_compact.jpg

These peanuts were my favorite when I was in Singagore

1723665866263.jpeg

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$120 is what I give when I attend a wedding. She should blame it on her Matland's poor exchange rate.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was once a female colleague who invited us to her wedding held at Sentosa. Knn not very close some more. Fuck her. Just told her can’t make it. If u go Sentosa banquet, easily is $400.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If she has the money, she should be going for a Pte wedding in Bali. Think she's a little bit low SES on her finance, her mentality and her outlook in and about life.

Let's forgive her for being shallow ,petty and poor. Poor is a disease.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was once a female colleague who invited us to her wedding held at Sentosa. Knn not very close some more. Fuck her. Just told her can’t make it. If u go Sentosa banquet, easily is $400.

I was once invited to a grand wedding at Sentosa. I also gave $120 ang pow. I never give a fuck where the dinner is held. It's strictly $120. That is what I have been giving for more than 20 years. Before that, it was $80-$100.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$120 is what I give when I attend a wedding. She should blame it on her Matland's poor exchange rate.
The issue is dollar for ringgit the pay in mudland is lower than singkieland but costs of living is higher in terms of ringgit...let's say the average pay is 2k ringgit in mudland...the attendee give 120 ringgit is already 10% of the pay....in singkieland...2k SGD is the bear minimum for most shit jobs...so what does this bride expect for her ang pow? The attendee bankrupt themselves to pay for her wedding?