• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Math Experts Please Help Me

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Spare me lah. You never see I got 1 fan waiting with his dagger liao meh. Raiders so far has been quite nice with you leh. :biggrin:

Yup, we are aLways on the same wave Length bro..btw, me dont bring any daggers; me onLy have hand gun..:smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly I think you are right.

Its better to learn Temasek maths. No matter how you calculate there is no loss. All negatives are long term outlook.

These lunatics don't know about 69 one lah. You tell them PAP, WP, SDP then they will have orgasm :biggrin:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Now, can you find the number of 60-digit binary sequences comprising of thirty "0"s and thirty "1"s such that no two "1"s are adjacent to each other?

me think me need more than 52 man years! :(:(:(
me a biologist, not mathematician :o:o:o

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Scroo, good point that Temasek Maths does not recognize negative numbers.

It reminds me of 12th century Arabic mathematics. The scholars in that era did not understand fully the concept of negative quantities and they worked with algebraic equations without negative signs in them.

Many of these scholars were employed by the monarchy, but one thing they never achieved was to spend the imperial treasury on failing investments and still boast a profit. Apparently that brand of maths was 8 centuries ahead of their time.

Sadly I think you are right.

Its better to learn Temasek maths. No matter how you calculate there is no loss. All negatives are long term outlook.

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
me think me need more than 52 man years! :(:(:(
me a biologist, not mathematician :o:o:o

Sorry, that was from P6 enrichment module.

You want to slot 30 "b"s into a string of 30 "a"s so that no two "b"s are side by side.

That means the 30 "b"s must occupy the "spaces" in between the 30 "a"s, with a maximum of one "b" in each "space". For instance, we can have something like "aababa", but not "aabbbba".

Since there are 31 spaces, including the start and end positions, there must be precisely one space left empty. Hence, the number of permutations is 31 (you just choose which space is not occupied by a "b").

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can always check with NBG. His trial resumes on 31st Oct. Free till then. He graduated with a First Class Honors degree in Mathematics.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Can always check with NBG. His trial resumes on 31st Oct. Free till then. He graduated with a First Class Honors degree in Mathematics.

NBG would tell us that he would shift and A's & B's to form ABABAB... or BABABA... only :o:o:o