• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

mandarin for MIC

bella

Alfrescian
Loyal
my friends call FTs from china here as MIC - made in china.
i think that the speak mandarin campaign is meant more to allow MIC to assimilate into our society rather than for the good of our locals. our locals are already speaking a common language - english - which covers all races. becos these MICs dont speak english, speaking mandarin will allow them to survive here
thats my opinion
what do you think ?

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
very soon china is gonna assert their claims to sinkieland as they're doing to taiwan. for the first influx of chinese immigrants in the 1800s and 1900s, think of the fujianese and hakkas in the 1600s to tw. for the second wave of tiongs (as you call them MICs), think of the fleeing nationalists in 1949. for the promotion of chinese interests over the native malays, look to the aborigines in taiwan. soon we'll also become a 'renegade' province.

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
very soon china is gonna assert their claims to sinkieland as they're doing to taiwan. for the first influx of chinese immigrants in the 1800s and 1900s, think of the fujianese and hakkas in the 1600s to tw. for the second wave of tiongs (as you call them MICs), think of the fleeing nationalists in 1949. for the promotion of chinese interests over the native malays, look to the aborigines in taiwan. soon we'll also become a 'renegade' province.

historically speaking, the only chinese republic or chinese state that ever existed outside of mainland china was the lanfang republic in Borneo during th 19th century. even then, it was not recognised by the Qing Dynasty as a soverign or subject state. otherwise, there is no issue of chinese asserting soverignty in SG or anywhere else in SE Asia.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think that the speak mandarin campaign is meant more to allow MIC to assimilate into our society rather than for the good of our locals. our locals are already speaking a common language - english - which covers all races. becos these MICs dont speak english, speaking mandarin will allow them to survive here
thats my opinion
what do you think ?

1-3.jpg

BINGO! *hee*hee*

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why dont you say that China will declare overlordship over Malaysia since ancient Malacca was a Chinese vassal state?

You are damn bo liao to come up with this kind of shallow assessment.

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Commie bandits are tough peasants.

They took the beating dealt to them by Imperial Powers since the opium wars. This was followed by another beating by the Nationalists in the late 1920s before Nippon decided to give both nationalists and commies a real good beating during the Second Sino War.

Not happy with beatings, Butcher Mao decided to outdo both the Imperial Powers, Nationalist and Nippon bandits! Butcher Mao managed to kill 20 million peasants during his reign due to silly economic policies or power struggles. He succeeded beyond wildest imagination with his silly Great Leap and Cultural Revolution.

In comparision, the later commie Emperor Deng was milder, his only blemish was to suppress dissenters who helped him to power after defeating the Four Goons. Commie Emperor Deng, egged by paranoid hardliners, followed up by ordering tanks to flatten peasant protesters like human meatball during the Tiananmen Slaughter.

Compared to the upheavals that commie peasants undergo, local peasants are considered spolit brats.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you a Malaysian? I see MIC pasted all over MY forums.

thats my opinion
what do you think ?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Top 5 Butchers of 20th Century

1st) Mao Zedong of China
2nd) Stalin of Soviet Union
3rd) Hitler of Germany
4nd) Chiang Kai Shek of China
5nd) Tito of Yugoslavia

We Chinese have 2 in top 5.....

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you know the dissidents of 89 were just looking for a free ride to the western world? They took advantage and innocents got killed. Go read up on them.

In comparision, the later commie Emperor Deng was milder, his only blemish was to suppress dissenters who helped him to power after defeating the Four Goons. Commie Emperor Deng, egged by paranoid hardliners, followed up by ordering tanks to flatten peasant protesters like human meatball during the Tiananmen Slaughter.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats my opinion
what do you think ?

Speak Mandarin campaign was to make it easier for Singapore to do business in China. We all know, how knowing Mandarin! was an important factor in establishing the Suzhou Industrial Park! A project between Singapore and China Mandarin speakers.

After that project, the next project was to import cheap MIC (Made In China) and I agree with you that knowing Mandarin + the fact that it is very hard to distinguish one chink from another! has helped these MIC fit easily into Singapore society which has a Chinese majority of 75%.

This problem is further aggravated by

Also SG has a majority pop of 75% chinese whom made the country what it is today. If the % were changed say more malays would SG be better or worse?

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=23304

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB keling,

u know when the speak mandarin campaign started or not?

dun bullshit.. shut up n fuck off back to india.. i am cancelling your work permit!

:oIo::oIo:

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why dont you say that China will declare overlordship over Malaysia since ancient Malacca was a Chinese vassal state?

You are damn bo liao to come up with this kind of shallow assessment.

malacca was not really ancient and asserting overlordship over vassal states was not really what he was talking abt. that is already being done or can easily be done

he was talking asserting sovereignty over SG. that is not possible because SG is not historically part of china by any stetch of imagination.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Commie bandits are tough peasants.

They took the beating dealt to them by Imperial Powers since the opium wars. This was followed by another beating by the Nationalists in the late 1920s before Nippon decided to give both nationalists and commies a real good beating during the Second Sino War.

Not happy with beatings, Butcher Mao decided to outdo both the Imperial Powers, Nationalist and Nippon bandits! Butcher Mao managed to kill 20 million peasants during his reign due to silly economic policies or power struggles. He succeeded beyond wildest imagination with his silly Great Leap and Cultural Revolution.

Compared to the upheavals that commie peasants undergo, local peasants are considered spolit brats.

If you want a revolution..."you can't go on carrying picture of Chairman Mao"...:biggrin:

Is it true that Chairman Mao needed a supply of VIRGINS, for that ethereal fountain of youth?:p

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
thats my opinion
what do you think ?

Your friends using MIC nowadays? Cham la. I was already using it in the 90s. Thought I was the founder of this term :p

Now, I think I need to find another term. Let's see if anyone else will copy it. :biggrin:

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
historically speaking, the only chinese republic or chinese state that ever existed outside of mainland china was the lanfang republic in Borneo during th 19th century. even then, it was not recognised by the Qing Dynasty as a soverign or subject state. otherwise, there is no issue of chinese asserting soverignty in SG or anywhere else in SE Asia.

that was just a tongue-in-cheek statement without any basis, although I must say that the similarities are striking. thanks for pointing out something new, unlike someone who blureyes joker who can't tell the diff between an innocuous statement and an intended one.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB keling,

u know when the speak mandarin campaign started or not?

dun bullshit.. shut up n fuck off back to india.. i am cancelling your work permit!

:oIo::oIo:

Stupid chink. We are talking about the reason for a mandarin speaking campaign and not when it was started. If your chinky brain cannot fathom that, stick to chinky mandarin forums and stop making a fool of yourself in english ones. :oIo::oIo::oIo:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid chink. We are talking about the reason for a mandarin speaking campaign and not when it was started. If your chinky brain cannot fathom that, stick to chinky mandarin forums and stop making a fool of yourself in english ones. :oIo::oIo::oIo:

chow keling,

fuck u lah.. u say LKY start mandarin campaign beocs of suzhou IP.. stupid like fuck..

when spore started mandarin campaign, there WAS no suzhou IP yet..

prove that u are a blangah worker who just came to spore recently..

fuck off lah, your stench is overwhelming.. go back to india where u all smell the same.:oIo:

notice i dun differentiate between blangah n india.. why? cos u all look n smell the same.. btw, u guys look gay when u hold hands in little india..:biggrin: