• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ccp tiong ceo likes jiuhu food

meaninglesslife

Stupidman
Loyal
China CEO simply loves Malaysian food
By HO JIA WEN
Nation
Monday, 06 May 2024

user posted image

PETALING JAYA: The only “bad thing” about Malaysian food is that it is not good for the waistline, says Simon Sun (pic), the CEO of Huawei Malaysia.

The Chinese national who arrived in Malaysia in April last year to take up his new position shared his love for Malaysian food.

“I have definitely put on weight since coming here,” he said, adding the food here was amazing and he was captivated by the different cuisines available in every state in Malaysia.

In Sarawak, Sun tried the famous empurau fish and the local must-have kolo mee.

Needless to say, he has tucked into Malaysian favourites like banana leaf meal, nasi lemak, roti canai and murtabak.

“Sometimes, it is a bit spicy for my palate but I cannot stop myself from indulging in them whenever these dishes were served.”

Sun, 44, observed how the people here would bond over food.

“I have attended many breaking of fast events. I enjoy seeing how the people of different faiths, cultures and races can deepen their friendship over such meals,” he said.

Speaking of his early days in Malaysia, he admitted that the hot weather in Malaysia was unbearable for him at first.

Sun is from Beijing where the temperature could go as low as -6°C during the winter months.

But the warmth and friendliness of the people he met here has bowled him over.

“What impressed me the most in Malaysia are the people. Everywhere I went, from government officers to ordinary folk, everyone was friendly and welcomed me with open arms.

“That is what makes Malaysia special and unique. I am truly grateful for that,” he said.

“I definitely feel at home. And I would miss Malaysia whenever I travel to other countries,” he said.

Sun, who has lived in South Korea, Indonesia, the Philippines and Australia, said he was touched by the easy-going manner of Malaysians who would invite him to weddings and events despite having met him just a couple of times.

“I have been lucky enough to attend a Malay wedding and learn about ‘bersanding’,” he said.

His life has also been made easier here as most Malaysians could converse in English while the local Chinese could speak Mandarin.

His previous posting in Indonesia had enabled him to pick up some local words that were used in both countries.

“I am happy I can speak a bit of Bahasa Malaysia due to some common words, which seemed to make locals here happy,” he said.

Sun has also added some batik shirts as his fashion option.

The cooling effect from the colourful batik shirts had helped him beat the heat, he said, explaining that they could be worn to official events instead of a suit.

On the occasion of Malaysia and China’s 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations, Sun said that he was pleased with the Malaysian government’s neutral stance on geopolitical tensions and differences.

“When we look at the bigger picture, our commonalities are greater than our differences. We are stronger together,” he said.

“As a business, we look forward to a transparent and fair business environment that provides us with an unbiased chance that allows us to serve the nation.

Sun hoped that the bilateral ties between China and Malaysia would strengthen further.

“I hope that relations between both countries are open and tolerant, with both countries working together towards common goals and leaning on each other’s strengths for a better tomorrow,” he said.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ch8nese nationals who served in jiu hu would send their kids to study in sinkie. And die die would not want to leave.