• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2010-11

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No lah, 3 man central midfield, 2 wingers, 1 striker.
The 3rd man could be Wesley or Luka, but could also be Young or Rooney. :smile:

===

hmmm...rooney is not fast enough to be winger leh...

on the flanks...nani (if he stays) n young ...valencia and park...

wesley play as playmaker...dictate play...and a defensive midfielder...dunno who...i look at current lineup, no-one suitable. fletcher -lack the physic. Unless he beef up this close season...Anderson - dun look like it.

4-4-2 is man u's fav & established tactic.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good buy. Afterall his other fellow club top striker Antinio Di Natale is too old an investment.

:biggrin:

Alexis is another 'stepover' dribbling king. It would be exciting if United can get hold of him. Last I heard he wants to ply his trade in Spain and only Spain.:mad:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why are you guys so sure that Wesley or Luka will be at OT next season. I wouldn't be surprise if SAF has his sight on someone else. Rumour has it that he may bring Alonso to OT. Park will definitely leave by next season and Giggs is expected to follow. I think SAF is looking at 2 more players before closing the books.

jw5

Loyal
===

hmmm...rooney is not fast enough to be winger leh...

on the flanks...nani (if he stays) n young ...valencia and park...

Rooney as the third man in a 3 man central midfield, in football manager game talk, the AMC, with 2 MCs behind him.
Not one DM and 2 MCs, this will isolate the striker too much, if you play with 2 wingers.
Young is very versatile, he can play as winger, AMC and striker. Only 25, british, and possibly the current best english player, even better than Rooney and Gerrard.

jw5

Loyal
Why are you guys so sure that Wesley or Luka will be at OT next season. I wouldn't be surprise if SAF has his sight on someone else. Rumour has it that he may bring Alonso to OT. Park will definitely leave by next season and Giggs is expected to follow. I think SAF is looking at 2 more players before closing the books.

Alonso will not want to leave Real.
Park will probably leave, Giggs definitely retires.
If not Wesley or Luka than who? There are not many other suitable players who can be a great playmaker. It's easier to buy a defensive midfielder or even a striker than a playmaker these days.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If not Wesley or Luka than who? There are not many other suitable players who can be a great playmaker. It's easier to buy a defensive midfielder or even a striker than a playmaker these days.

==

honestly, rather than blowing 30m on a flop (think Veron), i rather he spend 30 - 40m on a proven talent eg: Wesly / Modric. Xavi won't come even if he wants, Barca won't sell. Likely Modric - sell Berbacock back and get Modric in return.

sad to see Park leave but honestly, he has nothing on offer except pace...his performance against barca was terrible.

Sanchez will prob go Barca - same lingo...

Rooney in AMC role...i felt he will be very effective as an striker - but for past seasons, Man U could not allow him to play his full talent. Rooney has the build and physique to be up there, bullying his way through. Before, they had Ronaldo where he run the whole show, then he left, last season, Rooney played alot in AMC.

And the reason why Man U managed to win the trophy is not because they are good - but its because the rest of the teams played bad & inconsistently.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree,defensive midfielders plenty and playmakers are a rare breed. Lets see what happens after the Copa America. There 'll be some frantic,desperate bids for sure.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
==

honestly, rather than blowing 30m on a flop (think Veron), i rather he spend 30 - 40m on a proven talent eg: Wesly / Modric. Xavi won't come even if he wants, Barca won't sell. Likely Modric - sell Berbacock back and get Modric in return.

sad to see Park leave but honestly, he has nothing on offer except pace...his performance against barca was terrible.

Sanchez will prob go Barca - same lingo...

Rooney in AMC role...i felt he will be very effective as an striker - but for past seasons, Man U could not allow him to play his full talent. Rooney has the build and physique to be up there, bullying his way through. Before, they had Ronaldo where he run the whole show, then he left, last season, Rooney played alot in AMC.

And the reason why Man U managed to win the trophy is not because they are good - but its because the rest of the teams played bad & inconsistently.

Rather than buy Luka or Wesley, my guess is Fergie will break the bank and use the remaining budget on one player-Alexis Sanchez. It will help MU's cause if Barca decides to acquire Cesc Fab. which will certainly not come cheap. In the meantime, Wenger is 'praying' for a counter offer from REAL that will see Cesc moving to REAL and Benzema heading to the Emirates plus some spare change.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rather than buy Luka or Wesley, my guess is Fergie will break the bank and use the remaining budget on one player-Alexis Sanchez. It will help MU's cause if Barca decides to acquire Cesc Fab. which will certainly not come cheap. In the meantime, Wenger is 'praying' for a counter offer from REAL that will see Cesc moving to REAL and Benzema heading to the Emirates plus some spare change.

===
i am wondering - why dun Fergie go in and bid for Cesc? Stir the pot....hee...

jw5

Loyal
===
i am wondering - why dun Fergie go in and bid for Cesc? Stir the pot....hee...

Fergie will not bid for Cesc because he knows that's not what Cesc wants.
He already went through that with Pique and Ronaldo.

Confirmed that O'Shea and Brown have left to join Sunderland.
Both have been very good players for the club but it's the right time to let them go.
O'Shea has been injury prone, never had much pace, but he seems to have lost some agility and flexibility too. Brown has lost a lot of pace, which used to be one of his best qualities.
Next season's defence would be Vidic, Ferdinand, Smalling, Evans, Jones, Da Silva twins and Evra.

jw5

Loyal
According to soccernet transfer blog, Man Utd will be buying Wesley from Inter and that should be their last signing this summer.
He will be a great buy, according to their first team coach and former goalie, who both happen to be Dutch. :biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fergie will not bid for Cesc because he knows that's not what Cesc wants.
He already went through that with Pique and Ronaldo.

Confirmed that O'Shea and Brown have left to join Sunderland.
Both have been very good players for the club but it's the right time to let them go.
O'Shea has been injury prone, never had much pace, but he seems to have lost some agility and flexibility too. Brown has lost a lot of pace, which used to be one of his best qualities.
Next season's defence would be Vidic, Ferdinand, Smalling, Evans, Jones, Da Silva twins and Evra.

===
Yah lah...i noe Cesc won't go ....but just to stir some shit and add more pressure on Wenger..haha.

I am happy to see Wes Brown's back man..Yes, Fergie once touted him as the future star..but after seeing some fucked up performance from him - including scoring some own goals during one season where their defenders were out injured ...with that Blanc.....and also, after he suffered from a long injury, he lost it.

O'shea, i am abit sad. He is the utility man, midfield, defender even goalie...i thought he could at least deserve another season - he could deputy as left back. Else if you look at the squad - if Evra is injured..there is no cover. Fabio still need a season or two to "mature".

Rafael will have more time to mould into a RB where he will hone his skills. I think Ferdinand will go end of next season - he is too injury prone and i think he has become less effective.

jw5

Loyal
===
O'shea, i am abit sad. He is the utility man, midfield, defender even goalie...i thought he could at least deserve another season - he could deputy as left back. Else if you look at the squad - if Evra is injured..there is no cover. Fabio still need a season or two to "mature".

Rafael will have more time to mould into a RB where he will hone his skills. I think Ferdinand will go end of next season - he is too injury prone and i think he has become less effective.

U are right about O'Shea, he's a very useful utility player. But he's not a top team player anymore.
Fabio seems more assured than his brother, he will be the main backup. But Fergie should also get Smalling, Evans and Jones to learn the fullback positions.

Ferdinand is not only injury prone, he's also scandal prone. :biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nasri: Won't join United, says Ferguson

The United manager made his comments shortly after arriving in Boston on the first leg of his club's five-match United States tour.

With Paul Scholes now retired, Ferguson is on the look-out for a replacement.

Wesley Sneijder and Luka Modric have been linked with an Old Trafford move, but so has Nasri, with United said to have had a £20million bid for the France midfielder turned down.

"I don't think he is coming to United," said Ferguson. "That is all I can tell you. I think that he has agreed to go somewhere else."

Nasri, who has also been linked with Manchester City, has gone on tour with Arsenal to Malaysia and manager Arsene Wenger has indicated he may keep the player for the final year of his contract, and thus risk losing him for nothing in 12 months' time.

"That is his decision," said Ferguson. "He is the manager.

"If he stands by that decision, it is a brave one. I don't know if the (Arsenal) directors will enjoy that one, but it is possible.

"Maybe he will have to stay."

However, if he is not going to get Nasri, Ferguson refuses to abandon the idea of bringing in anyone, even if a like-for-like replacement for Scholes is beyond his imagination.

"It is impossible to get another Paul Scholes," he said. "But if we get a player along similar lines in terms of the quality of his passing and vision, we would have to do something.

"The difficulty is, if you picked the best four midfield players in the world, Scholes would be there with Xavi and Andres Iniesta. Then you could take a pick from somewhere else.

"It is a loss. How do we overcome it? The next few weeks could help us in that respect. Someone could emerge out of the youth team and we carry on."

If Nasri is to leave Arsenal and not end up at Old Trafford, Manchester City would be the obvious destination.

And should Ferguson get anyone, Sneijder is now the most likely given Modric has already expressed a preference for Chelsea if he can engineer a move from Tottenham.

Whether United are willing to pay the Dutch World Cup star a weekly wage of around £250,000 is another question.

Ferguson does know he is building for the future though, even if he refuses to state United are emerging into a new era despite the retirements of Scholes, Gary Neville and Edwin van der Sar, plus the exits of long-serving duo Wes Brown and John O'Shea and arrivals of Phil Jones, Ashley Young and David de Gea.

"Not next season," said Ferguson of the 'new' United claim.

"We try to look ahead. We try to make sure there is an influx of young players coming in to replace the older players that are dying on their feet.

"For the last three years we were well aware of the need to replace Ryan Giggs. Fortunately, he is carrying on and performing the way he does.

"But Gary Neville left, Paul Scholes and Edwin van der Sar retired. We were well aware we would have to replace them at some point.

"The work in the last two or three years has been about that. Trying to make sure there is the quality in the squad to carry on the success."

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah bros,its sad to see O'Shea leave. He was a different player since he came back from the long injury. Pity.

I can't wait for them to sell that useless Gibson. Please sell!!!!:mad:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Time to start a new thread for Man U season 10-11 :biggrin::biggrin:

Chances of Man U winning this season? 38% chances of winning it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::p:p

Where is the dipstick Alamaking, bo cho kang?
New season started, yet no new thread on the new season.:(
This season Sir Alex's team have 98% chances of
winning its record-breaking 20th league title!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::p:p

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nani_2632739.jpg

What a comeback!!
Thanks to the brillaint Nani!
Always feels great to have such a wonderful start to the new season.
This performance sums up Sir Alex's team never say die attitude as usual.
Moneycini should get the sack for wasting Arab Sheik's petrol dollars.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It was nice to see the fightback from Man Utd last night in the Community Shield. The team had guts and character to crawl back from such a deficit during halftime and go on to win the game.

It would be nice to see Wesley Sneijder joining Man Utd. All Man Utd needs now is someone like him to unlock those stubborn defences when the match is drawing or Man Utd is trailing by 1 goal. This season, every single point counts.

But I doubt Fergie will break the wage structure for him and with Man City joining the bidding war, will Sneijder succumb to the oil money over at the blue half. I am keeping my fingers crossed. :rolleyes: