• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man stabbed and bleeding, drives himself to Tan Tock Seng hospital

downgrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
CCTV everywhere, surely they can find the culprit

http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/printfriendly/0,4139,195541,00.html

The Electric New Paper :
ATTACK AT BETTING CENTRE

'Stabbed while I was watching race'
HE WAS stabbed in a Rangoon Road betting centre where a large crowd had gathered.

By Celine Lim

13 March 2009
HE WAS stabbed in a Rangoon Road betting centre where a large crowd had gathered.

But no one called an ambulance, he claimed.

The injured man was later banned by the centre's operator, Singapore Turf Club, from entering its premises for a year.

Mr Ong (not his real name) later contacted The New Paper to express his unhappiness over the incident.

The Turf Club has refuted Mr Ong's claim. Its spokesman said Mr Ong did not tell Cisco officers on duty that he had been stabbed when they approached him.

Instead, what he said was that the injury was due to a fall and he did not need help.

But I was attacked, Mr Ong now claims. The machine-parts supplier, who's in his 50s, requested his real name not be used as he is afraid the attacker might seek revenge.

The police are investigating but no arrest has been made so far.

Mr Ong, who described himself as an avid punter, claimed he was attacked at the third-floor betting centre near a row of television sets at about 4pm on 10 Jan.

He claimed the attacker struck while he was standing at the back of a group of about 100 punters, watching the horse races on television.

'Suddenly, I felt a pain at the right side of my body,' he said.

'Then I saw a man standing in front of me, holding a knife in his left hand, and shouting and swearing at me in Hokkien. I was stunned.'

Bleeding

Mr Ong said he was bleeding from his wound and backed away from his attacker, who continued to advance menacingly.

'I 'reversed' from him until I bumped into a pillar and fell backwards. The man tried to attack me again so I used my leg to kick his hand with the knife.'

By then, a group of punters had turned their attention to the two men.

Mr Ong said one punter snatched away the knife while several others pulled the attacker away.

He said there were two security guards standing nearby, and one approached him.

He handed over his driving licence when the guard asked for some form of identification.

The guard also asked the other man for his particulars.

He said the guard then told him and the other man to leave the betting centre.

Mr Ong said he was in pain and as he was leaving, someone shouted that his attacker could be outside waiting for him.

He said he turned back and approached the guard to say that he'd been stabbed.

He claimed the guard and other staff member in the betting centre did not offer to call an ambulance for him.

Mr Ong said he drove to Tan Tock Seng Hospital, about 10 minutes away, and was treated at the Accident and Emergency department.

He sustained a 'stab wound with liver injury' which needed stitches, according to his medical report.

Mr Ong said the weapon was a 20cm-long knife.

20 days' medical leave

He said the doctor told him the wound was 'very deep' and he was given 20 days' medical leave.

Mr Ong said he called the Turf Club after he was discharged.

He said: 'The person I spoke to said she'd get back to me after they talked to the guards.'

Mr Ong later received a registered letter, dated 21 Jan, banning him from the Turf Club's racecourse and betting centres for a year from 14 Jan.

Mr Ong said: 'I don't understand why I'm being banned for one year.'

He said he had seen the man who stabbed him a few times before at the centre, but they had never spoken.

The Turf Club has handed over CCTV footage from the day of the incident to the police.

A police spokesman said: 'The police are investigating the case as one of voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means. Investigations are ongoing.'

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most important question for Mata is this:

Is Mr. Ong an MPee, an eLEEte, a straight-As Scholar, a Gifted/ FT, or is he a chow ah beng peesai heartlander uncle?

If chow ah beng peesai heartlander uncle, confirm after 10 years still cannot find the stabber. Otherwise Mata sure damn on, launch islandwide manhunt.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya,,

1. got die or not,,, no die, ok,,, wait
2. is he public/civil servant or not, no ah, wait
3. if lesser mortal, must make police report, and police will ask for magistrate report before investigate,,,,
4. so troublesome ah, forget it, singapore crime rate goes down

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>The police are investigating but no arrest has been made so far.<<<

1-2.jpg

Peasant and holding pink IC? Then Non-seizable offence lah! *chey*

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
The scum of mankind coalesce at gambling spots. I guess still alot of illegal bookies and runners around since Bukit Timah days.

Airlib

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya,,

1. got die or not,,, no die, ok,,, wait
2. is he public/civil servant or not, no ah, wait
3. if lesser mortal, must make police report, and police will ask for magistrate report before investigate,,,,
4. so troublesome ah, forget it, singapore crime rate goes down

Most likely ask the joker to look for the attacker on his own, then sue the attacker for causing hurt.... Where got time to hunt down the attacker.