• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian upset with Singaporeans for not following rules

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
20100916.104936_msianattackssingapore.jpg

I SAW an average sized, bespectacled man rocking his Singapore-registered car at a petrol kiosk recently.

I was wondering what he was up to, and then I realised he was trying to get as much petrol as he could into his fuel tank.

I am not sure if the technique works, but it appears many Singaporeans believe it does, and if you hang out at the petrol kiosk long enough, you will notice most Singapore-registered drivers doing the same.

In an incident which occurred just before the recent petrol price hike and the 20-litre cap on foreign cars was lifted, I was at a petrol station in Johor Baru having my car washed.

While waiting, I saw a Singaporean motorist filling up his petrol tank. Out of curiosity, I glanced at the pump meter and noticed he had filled 32 litres of Ron95.

I immediately looked at the pump attendant and gave him a stern look, hoping that he would see I was upset that he had allowed foreigners to break the 20-litre rule. However, my action proved to be futile.

The driver drove off with much more sudsidised fuel than he was allowed.

Later, I asked the pump attendant why he was not following regulations.

He asked whether I was an enforcement officer, and when I convinced him I was not, he said his employer said it was all right to allow foreigners to pump as much petrol as they wished as long as they paid for it.

When asked how he felt about it, he said he was not happy, but realised where his employer was coming from.

He said locals normally filled between RM10 and RM20 worth of petrol daily, which is not much.

If the station did not push for higher sales, the petrol stock will last longer in the station, and when kept too long, petrol vaporises, and the station will lose money.

I am not too sure if this is true.

At the kiosk, I also noticed customers smoking on the premises.

Most of them park their motorcycles in front of the kiosk's convenience store, sit on their bikes and light up a cigarette. Many appear to be Singaporeans, judging from their vehicles' licence plates.

Why do we allow this?

There is like an unwritten rule that Singaporeans be given leeway here which is not reciprocated for Malaysians in Singapore.

I think we should buck up and ensure that everyone respects our laws, and to quote Michael Jackson, "Let's start with the man in the mirror."

A letter to the New Straits Times/Asia News Network.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think he had been dying to use the phrase "Let's start with the man in the mirror." for a long time.
He got his chance.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of Malaysian drives Singapore registered motor vehicle. What makes him thinks that these are not his own fellow countrymen?

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of Malaysian drives Singapore registered motor vehicle. What makes him thinks that these are not his own fellow countrymen?

Yes we must now expose this fact and ask our Singapore government how many are Malaysians and using Singapore registered plates to commit crimes .

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
...and how come there are so many Malaysians working in Singapore and refusing to take up citizenships?

wahlaneh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes we must now expose this fact and ask our Singapore government how many are Malaysians and using Singapore registered plates to commit crimes .

wahlaneh...
many singaporeans are marrying malaysians and vice versa how to differentiate leh?:confused:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
wahlaneh...
many singaporeans are marrying malaysians and vice versa how to differentiate leh?:confused:

Easy.
The Sg man will whine "I serve NS".
The Msian man will say "I am bumiputra."

The Sg woman driver caught speeding will say "Mana boleh".
The Msian woman will say "Malaysia Boleh".