• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia Motorists in Singapore

JohnTT

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently I had a accident. A M'sia motorbike hit my back 'cos he was riding very close to me. Tailgating. Clearly his fault. Check with insurance agent & insurance company & their remark is 'you are suay loh'. According to them, whenever a S'pore car is involved in a accident with a M'sia car, regardless of location (whether in S'pore or M'sia) & regardless of fault, S'pore motorists are always at disadvantage. Reason is b'cos M'sia has a lousy system, i.e. poor traceability. Many M'sia vehicles are without insurance coverage, invalid home addresses, & their license plate can be changed easily. Some are even stolen vehicles. On the other hand, S'pore has got a very good system & every piece of information can be traced. B'cos of this, Singapore motorists are always at disadvantage, & M'sia motorists have been taking advantage of this for years. Therefore all bros, be careful when you are driving near a M'sia vehicle. If you travel across the causeway often, then good luck to you. :smile:

Checked with many workshops, & all of them do not want to do 'third party claim' against M'sia vehicles, but ok for S'pore vehicles. Reason is cannot get money or take ages to claim. If claim own insurance, NCD will be affected. So LL, have to personally cough out own money for repair.

Checked with my friends & relatives & they also encountered similar incidents. I really don't understand M'sian mentality & mindset. Be responsible for your action. Why is their behaviour like that? :mad::mad:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Previously for Malaysian vehicles involved in accidents at Singapore, the driver will be detained until he is bailed out. This is to ensure that at least part of the accident costs can be covered. I am not too sure about now.

However if in Malaysia, I think you can forget about making claims against Malaysian cars.

Angel.Janus

Alfrescian
Loyal
unless you kena serious accident with the Malaysian driver...

about a year ago, me and riding buddies all go JB via Tuas for friday supper.... then one of my friend and GF stopped at red light, then kena hit by Malaysian car... that bugger tried to hit-n-run... but was chased after by a small group of us and Malaysian riders... then dragged to police station for questioning...

good thing we got a car follow behind, able to take the GF to Singapore hospital for her injuries... friend got wear armour jacket, so only scratches...

dunno the claim settled yet or not...

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Therefore all bros, be careful when you are driving near a M'sia vehicle. If you travel across the causeway often, then good luck to you. :smile:

Your only compensation is to whack the hell out of that Malaysian rider or roll your car over his legs.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Normally very hard to claim 3rd party insurance againts Malaysia vehicle. I will cause a lots of money and time to go to court. So does the Malaysia car claim 3rd party insurance against Singapore vehicle if accident happen in Singapore/ Malaysia.
This is because both country insurance don't have link. If both insurance want to calim against each others waste money and time. So they(insurance) don't do that. So they ask you to claim your own insurance. Save time and money.