• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malay "Keng" MC on Monday Morning...

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was having my breakfast at a fast-food restaurant earlier when a Malay couple sat beside me.

The man went to order the food while the lady then pick up her handphone and called someone (should be her employer). She told the other party that she is having fever and coughing badly, the doctor had given her 3 days MCs and instructed her to stay in-door. Quite amazing that she was able to cough and sounded really sick from the start till the end of the call. It really sounded as if she got TB and her lung was able to burst.

After the call, the cough stopped and she continued having her meal (mainly fried food) and chatted happily with her male companion. She damn good at 'keng" woh.

Personally, I have a staff that always happen to be sick mostly on Mondays and Fridays (got pattern one). But when I promote others who are more junior than him, he would say behind my back that I'm racist. How to deal with such people? Anyone got same experience?
That's the problem when you employ local talents, they find all sort of excuses not to go to work. As for the FT, they have a loan to pay back home and most of the time they are daily rated. they are willing to work OT , the more OT the better . Don't blame bosses from hiring FT< blame the working attitude of the locals

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was having my breakfast at a fast-food restaurant earlier when a Malay couple sat beside me.

The man went to order the food while the lady then pick up her handphone and called someone (should be her employer). She told the other party that she is having fever and coughing badly, the doctor had given her 3 days MCs and instructed her to stay in-door. Quite amazing that she was able to cough and sounded really sick from the start till the end of the call. It really sounded as if she got TB and her lung was able to burst.

After the call, the cough stopped and she continued having her meal (mainly fried food) and chatted happily with her male companion. She damn good at 'keng" woh.

Personally, I have a staff that always happen to be sick mostly on Mondays and Fridays (got pattern one). But when I promote others who are more junior than him, he would say behind my back that I'm racist. How to deal with such people? Anyone got same experience?

Its so common and its an age old problem. I used to have malay colleagues in my ex-company who will plan their MCs throughout the year and sui sui meet the company's policy of 60 days per year. Your neighbourhood family clinic will give you at least 1 day MC when you give them business. Some GP even ask you how many days you want.

They will complain to HR or Union but when their bosses show them their performance and MCs, all shut up liao. They will also be scorned at by their fellow colleagues. These people will eventually complain about their work, bosses colleagues and want to look for other jobs - always the same pattern. When they call me up for job lobang, I simply ignore them.

Just let them be. eventually they are the ones who will suffer for kenging

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Actually no need to say so much to this, just show him his attendance and performance enough liao..

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rule of thumb is not to hire malay people. The rumours are accurate. I got a mat yoyo working for me once, he always awol. So I gave him zero pay increase. He got fed up, complaint to my boss about me and left. I am very happy now without all that friday prayer things and curses of discrimination.

A few months later, he wanna come back because he feel this is a good place. I closed all avenues for him to come back so far, potential managers asked me for his performance, and i told the truth.

My company driver even uses company van to go JB buy pirate CD and rent out...... there is always excessive claims for petrol and tire changes. Sadly the expat angmohs love him becos he drives them around esp to shady places.......:biggrin: