• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malay "Keng" MC on Monday Morning...

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was having my breakfast at a fast-food restaurant earlier when a Malay couple sat beside me.

The man went to order the food while the lady then pick up her handphone and called someone (should be her employer). She told the other party that she is having fever and coughing badly, the doctor had given her 3 days MCs and instructed her to stay in-door. Quite amazing that she was able to cough and sounded really sick from the start till the end of the call. It really sounded as if she got TB and her lung was able to burst.

After the call, the cough stopped and she continued having her meal (mainly fried food) and chatted happily with her male companion. She damn good at 'keng" woh.

Personally, I have a staff that always happen to be sick mostly on Mondays and Fridays (got pattern one). But when I promote others who are more junior than him, he would say behind my back that I'm racist. How to deal with such people? Anyone got same experience?

Snipeshot08

Alfrescian
Loyal
Personally, I have a staff that always happen to be sick mostly on Mondays and Fridays (got pattern one). But when I promote others who are more junior than him, he would say behind my back that I'm racist. How to deal with such people? Anyone got same experience?

Simple, just openly announced that MCs, unpaid leave, urgent leave will be taken into consideration for all appraisals affecting bonus, variable bonus, promotions....etc..........and then really carrying it out....:p

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was having my breakfast at a fast-food restaurant earlier when a Malay couple sat beside me.

The man went to order the food while the lady then pick up her handphone and called someone (should be her employer). She told the other party that she is having fever and coughing badly, the doctor had given her 3 days MCs and instructed her to stay in-door. Quite amazing that she was able to cough and sounded really sick from the start till the end of the call. It really sounded as if she got TB and her lung was able to burst.

After the call, the cough stopped and she continued having her meal (mainly fried food) and chatted happily with her male companion. She damn good at 'keng" woh.

U should promote him and give him a raise of $50. Then make him work on weekends. Say his promotion means he needs to be entrusted with more important tasks. Make him do some filing and photocopying during Sats.

If you damn racist, make him accompany u to COURTS and let him see u pay in FULL, then make him carry those furniture to your house.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I had exactly the same experience with my Chinese storeman when I was in the army.

He called up the camp from home to report that he had an MC from a govt clinic and that he was too sick to report to camp to see the camp MO.

I sent some MPs to their home to verify his story and found that he was not at home.

When he reported to camp 2 days later, I charged him for malingering and put him in the guardhouse for 10 days.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I sent some MPs to their home to verify his story and found that he was not at home.

When he reported to camp 2 days later, I charged him for malingering and put him in the guardhouse for 10 days.

Say! You were army officer, or RSM or at least CSM.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had exactly the same experience with my Chinese storeman when I was in the army.

He called up the camp from home to report that he had an MC from a govt clinic and that he was too sick to report to camp to see the camp MO.

Amazing... despite hating Sinkapore so much, u served your Ant Ass!

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rule of thumb is not to hire malay people. The rumours are accurate. I got a mat yoyo working for me once, he always awol. So I gave him zero pay increase. He got fed up, complaint to my boss about me and left. I am very happy now without all that friday prayer things and curses of discrimination.

A few months later, he wanna come back because he feel this is a good place. I closed all avenues for him to come back so far, potential managers asked me for his performance, and i told the truth.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my experience, people who keng can't be bothered about promotion. They only complain about promotion or pay increase if another colleague who got more MC or keng more get higher increase or promotion.

The worst problem is explaining to someone who is hardworking but unfortunately ineffective or has no leadership potential why they did not get the promotion.

People who take MCs on mondays or can't be bothered about work are usually not assigned any work. I give directions to my managers not to assign any work if the problem persist. They start to panic and within a day become a pariah amongst their colleagues. They will see union or HR and ask why they got no work but get pay. The answer is always the same - not reliable. You should see the outcome, they either resign because of the embarrasment or pull up their socks. Just imagine sitting at your table and watching the ceiling.

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bad Kama for you Leongsam.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah you veri on during NS hor. The guy was probably paid around S$200 plus per month during NS?

Maybe I should have a good talk with my staff first and find out exactly why is he behaving that way...anyone tried slow talk before and did it work? or should I just threaten him with termination?

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are a bunch of lazy B***..believe me, they have no ethics when it comes to work, nor the diligence to do things...their mentality is to do the least as much as possible....

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Just imagine sitting at your table and watching the ceiling.

Some of those Pappy Ministers do that on a regular basis but it hasn't forced them to resign or pull up their socks.

In fact, they seem quite content to do bugger all while pocketing more than a million dollars of taxpayer money every year.:rolleyes:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
ME??? hate Singapore???:confused: I love the place. It's number one in everything!

Bet u will have tears streaming down your cheeks on National Day as u recall those wonderful days of your Ant Ass - your bunker-building, SOC-clearing, area-cleaning and verbal abuse by officers.

radon39

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bet u will have tears streaming down your cheeks on National Day as u recall those wonderful days of your Ant Ass - your bunker-building, SOC-clearing, area-cleaning and verbal abuse by officers.

I believe at 822pm 9th Aug, he will be sitting on the pot saying the pledge:p

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Verbal abuse by officers??:confused: I WAS an officer. I was one of those who dished out verbal abuse on a regular basis.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Biggest Keng King in the World

0507_A13.jpg