• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Major Graft Scandal Ministry of Law SLA, Durai & Teh Chiang Wan are tiny

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I look around Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, and after that I tell myself, having more opposing and independent parties doesn't mean the country is cleaner.

My definition of changing the govt means removing the PAP seats and filling up with Opposition members. Will it help to make this country cleaner? I don't think so.

It's like what you said. Fallacies of Human. No system is perfect or foolproof. Loopholes are only discovered after incidents happened.

Again, missing the whole point as usual. The difference between those countries you mention (malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines) and Singapore is that those countries do not claim to the world to have a corruption free clean govt. The PAP makes this claim repeatedly and based its compensation and mandate to rule on this spurious claim. The PAP has claimed many times that paying itself and civil servants extremely high salary will remove the corruption factor, as there will be no more incentive to steal. This is obviously wrong and this is why this case is so big. This case proves that no matter how much money u pay them, (and in the following weeks u will be shocked at what this koh chaps makes), they will still steal. This case makes the point for the PAP to revise its pay scale downwards. Will they, no they will not. But its another nail in their coffin come election time, because the common people will remember this case.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sad to say, only the police force in sg is corruption free or maybe very low corruption. i think a lot of ministries and state boards got this type of contract problem. like contractors, services and or products not up to standard still accept and pay them or even extend the contract??? why??? another issue is how the contractor was awarded the contracts also doubtful. by right should have 3 tenders to compare then pick the most suitable one or usually the cheapest.

imagine this guy in SLA, he can make decision to give contracts to some bogus companies set up by his kawan. no proper tender procedures??? i thought gov a lot of red tapes??? no audits??? no checks??? this is not even kopi money by contractors. this one he setup bogus companies to collect payments from gov without even providing anything in term of services or goods and money go into his own pocket!!! but junior staff civil service want to make claims like so difficult!!! gov really is penny wise and pound foolish!!! lol!!! to those ISD, CPIB, PMO or gov Audit people monitoring this forum, go and check through all those contracts given out by gov and u will dig out a lot of dirt or more than dirt!!! :oIo:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
sad to say, only the police force in sg is corruption free or maybe very low corruption. i think a lot of ministries and state boards got this type of contract problem. like contractors, services and or products not up to standard still accept and pay them or even extend the contract??? why??? another issue is how the contractor was awarded the contracts also doubtful. by right should have 3 tenders to compare then pick the most suitable one or usually the cheapest.

imagine this guy in SLA, he can make decision to give contracts to some bogus companies set up by his kawan. no proper tender procedures??? i thought gov a lot of red tapes??? no audits??? no checks??? this is not even kopi money by contractors. this one he setup bogus companies to collect payments from gov without even providing anything in term of services or goods and money go into his own pocket!!! but junior staff civil service want to make claims like so difficult!!! gov really is penny wise and pound foolish!!! lol!!! to those ISD, CPIB, PMO or gov Audit people monitoring this forum, go and check through all those contracts given out by gov and u will dig out a lot of dirt or more than dirt!!! :oIo:

I think the tender process must be even more rigorous. The companies winning the bid must disclose any relationship to civil servants, whether the civil servants are shareholders, of if the principals of the winning companies are related to any individuals from the ministry tendering for the bid.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The ironic thing with this whole SLA scandal is that the SLA is actually under the Ministry of Law!! Upholders of Singapore Law are indirectly overseeing the illegal activities in one of their stat boards.

The whole question (and I have asked this on other threads before) is why in the first place there is a need for SLA? I mean the SLA was started only in 2001. Prior to that the existing system of land use and sales was handled by URA and HDB, and quite capably I might add. The SLA brought together such agencies as the Land Office, Land registry, and survey depart. etc. which is fine. But than, it added to its mandate to include property management and land sales, as well as land acquisition and development. WTF? Don't we already have URA and HDB that does that?

Lets called the SLA for what it is. A feeding trough for PAP lackeys. The PAP can park them there after their SAF scholar careers and let them feed like pigs off the public trough, for doing work that is redundant. The PAP was just running out of spots in the usual GLCs and stat boards to park their lackeys, and hence had to create a redundant stat board. AN obvious sign of govt. efficiency. Also, it's obvious the Ministry of Law was jealous of all the money making that MOF and MND was making and decided to get into the real estate speculating business too.

Solution to this scandal, disband the SLA, that would a first. A money saving measure for the taxpayer.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the tender process must be even more rigorous. The companies winning the bid must disclose any relationship to civil servants, whether the civil servants are shareholders, of if the principals of the winning companies are related to any individuals from the ministry tendering for the bid.

u think what u mentioned they dont have meh??? lky proudest corruption free gov created by himself got everything in place. every civil servant must declare r u in debt or not every year, scared u take kopi money bcos of that. a lot of policeman kena sacked bcos owe credit card. must declare what properties u own, what loan u have, what shares u have etc. cannot have conflict of interest. but in civil service always like that, those low rank one will lan lan follow go through all the red tape to claim maybe a few 10 dollars. but those big whale will do what they want, of cos they got bad influence from lky familee. some more big whale super scale pay fucking high!!!! sometime talk to my friends in civil service, they got a lot doubt on how things are done. but they just mind their own business. end of the day as long u dont commit, u have no worries.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That was an unfair reading of the report.

The fact that the fraud uncovered and reported in MSM shows NOT the corruption of PAP but the exact opposite. It's because PAP is not corrupted which is why the fraud is exposed and not covered up.

A 'father' who is a respected member of the community, an upright man, have ten sons, two of his 'son's committed serious crimes, of course the 'father' is still respected & upright.

But, what about his REPUTATION?, the 'white shirt' now has two ink spots.:biggrin: worse, despite being respected & upright, was an arrogant, pompous..b@##@#rd...

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changing the govt. will enable corruption to be exposed easier via a free press, indepedent CPIB, independent judiciary, etc.

In a sense you are correct but i would interpret that changing the government will expose the corruption of the previous government.

A person need to be consistent in applying standards. If Singapore is to be compared with other countries in terms of corruption, then should she be compared with countries with a worse record of corruption or first-world countries with better records.

However it must noted that the people who are exposed are small fry - TT Durai, this deputy director, etc. Insignificant compared to the days when the Prime Minister was Lee Kuan Yew. Proponents may argue that Ministers today are not of the Teh variety - that the high salaries give them less incentives to enter into corruption. Does that mean therefore that deputy directors' salaries will now be increased?

Voting in the opposition may ensure checks and balances - a belief held by the opposition supporters. The question is in what way? And why will it not result in collusion if opposing factions unite to share the pie to the detriment of the populace? Another question is that will the current LTK and CST bring such matters to Parliament or is it already well handled by the PAP that no further comment is needed? If the latter, why are the supporters making a hue and cry when their leaders do not? And if it is already well-handled, why the need for checks and balances?

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
u think what u mentioned they dont have meh??? lky proudest corruption free gov created by himself got everything in place. every civil servant must declare r u in debt or not every year, scared u take kopi money bcos of that. a lot of policeman kena sacked bcos owe credit card. must declare what properties u own, what loan u have, what shares u have etc. cannot have conflict of interest. but in civil service always like that, those low rank one will lan lan follow go through all the red tape to claim maybe a few 10 dollars. but those big whale will do what they want, of cos they got bad influence from lky familee. some more big whale super scale pay fucking high!!!! sometime talk to my friends in civil service, they got a lot doubt on how things are done. but they just mind their own business. end of the day as long u dont commit, u have no worries.

I say the companies must declare any interests held by civil servants in their companies. That will scare them a little. Civil servants must declare also, but u and i know its a joke. You think Old Goat, Gay Loong, Wooden, all their relatives, all the kwa relatives, and all their high flyer lackeys declare their properties, loans and shares? Wait long long, ah. I mention it, but I know it will not happen. this is singapore. If they really declare, sinkies will faint on the street when they find out how rich this leeches are.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surely this is just an isolated case.

Singapore is no. 1 in Asia when it comes to being largely corrupt-free.

We must nip it in the bud to preserve the proud ranking.

A further pay adjustment (on the upside) for the top civil servants should prevent such fraud cases in the future. Agree?

You got to be kidding. Corrupts means corrupts, isolated or not. For the record the word corrupt goes many ways and the phrase "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" is never wrong. There's no such thing as largely corrupt free. It's a matter of how, who and what corrupts. Undetected or not exposed does not necessary means it's not happening, dont cheat yourself. There's no proud ranking but shame if there's bud to nip. Suggesting pay increment for top civil servants to discourage fraud, that itself is s form of corruption. What about other civil servants, they will not corrupt? You are talking about taxpayers money. You can satisfy hunger but you cant satisfy greed, just remember that.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Declaring one's debts is a silly response to prevent corruption. What first world democracies do is to have all politicians and civil servants declare their assets either yearly or once every two years. This is the best way to fight corruption, coupled with an independent anti-corruption watchdog.

The way the fascist regime of the PAP operates is a shambles! There is no independent watchdog and the assets of politicians and civil servants are seemed to be state secrets.

Anti-corruption agencies have to be active and not just reactive. Just look at the number of MOM and ICA corruption in the last few years and you will now that something is horribly wrong over there.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that it is exposed instead of covered up, should be LOOKED UPON positively on LEEgime, that is the ONLY way to motivate them to clean up.

But I must insist that what Old Dog Thief had bragged his whole life claiming SUPER-CLEAN etc is absolutely crap.

A lot of TT Durai exist hiding behind LKy's SUPER-CLEAN falsehood. And had been protected by LKy's CLEAN SYSTEM e.g. TT Durai had sued and win his defamation cases against 2 previous whistle-blowers before SPH. That is how difficult it is to expose and punish these kind of TT Durais within famiLEE LEEgime.:mad::mad::oIo:

Furthermore the so called Law & Penalty is a joke here, TT Durex only went to jail far less than 3 month, due to Home Detention Scheme. He should had been executed. He got allowed to travel and been given still even more lucrative Lobangs after his freaking scandal.:oIo::mad:

That is Lee Kuan Yew Old Dog Thief's CLEAN SYSTEM!

I urge Singaporeans to clean up LKy's CLEAN SYSTEM!

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surely this is just an isolated case.

Singapore is no. 1 in Asia when it comes to being largely corrupt-free.

We must nip it in the bud to preserve the proud ranking.

A further pay adjustment (on the upside) for the top civil servants should prevent such fraud cases in the future. Agree?
ya, man! ...

gahmen shud immediately up ze pay of all civil servants 2 a level where dey all can anyhow buy lambogini, landed prop n invest in thrust funs ...

tis is 2 preserf sg's arrogant ranking of world lumpar 1 ...

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
This kind of thing no smoke without fire. Someone must have noticed his flashy lifestyle and lodged a report against him for investigation.

1 thing was, by buying luxury sports car and property, does he really think he would never be caught?

Couldnt agree more with you. He must have thought it was a perfect crime, whistle blower he didnt see that coming. A victim of his own intelligence or is it stupidity.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
Declaring one's debts is a silly response to prevent corruption. What first world democracies do is to have all politicians and civil servants declare their assets either yearly or once every two years. This is the best way to fight corruption, coupled with an independent anti-corruption watchdog.

The way the fascist regime of the PAP operates is a shambles! There is no independent watchdog and the assets of politicians and civil servants are seemed to be state secrets.

Anti-corruption agencies have to be active and not just reactive. Just look at the number of MOM and ICA corruption in the last few years and you will now that something is horribly wrong over there.

Agree with you absolutely. Without transparency, to what extent corruptions are happening will only be everyone's guessing.

loloba

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fraud case 12 million recovered 10 million.

I don't believe. You are only a employee of LTA, to acquire 12 million in less than 2 years is really impossible.

If you were to do a thorough investigation there is more to it, he would must likely started off siphoning the money to his family members account and seeing nothing happen and start crediting the ill gotten wealth into his own account.

He has to be in the company to learn of the loop holes in that organisation to be able to do it thru time.

The fraud should be more than 12 million anyway to tell the public is 12 million and they managed to recover 10 million to appease the public anger. 2 million of public money as compared to 387 million over budget of public money?

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
All your questions are highly relevant but we will never get any meaningful answer as long as PAP is in power.
That is why they will play dirty to ensure they stay in power, if they loose, the next government will expose all the worms in the can can we expect to see some high flier in jail.

They have to expose this and cannot cover it up because they want to prosecute this koh guy. the amount stolen is too large, and he is not connected politically. Also he lived very obstentiously, with lambos and what not. Old Goat is very adamant on this point. Its one thing to steal millions, and than stash it overseas and live a frugal life here, but its another thing to steal milllions and flaunt it in front of every one else. Occasionally, they also need to sacrifice a scapegoat to keep the others in line.

A cover up would be Temasek and GIC's 'honest mistakes". How can 2 institutions with supposedly such high powered and smart financial advisors go contra to the market and start buying up deeply troubled financial institutions like UBS, Merrill Lynch, etc. What fees were paid to whom to get Temasek and GIC to buy these 2 loser companies? What was the thought process behind these purchases? Where were the minutes from the board meetings authorizing the purchases, and what were the business plans behind these 2 buys? How was the CEO and BOD compensated in relation to these purchases? etc.

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was an unfair reading of the report.

The fact that the fraud uncovered and reported in MSM shows NOT the corruption of PAP but the exact opposite. It's because PAP is not corrupted which is why the fraud is exposed and not covered up.

But it suggests that the PAP does not look very competent running organizations.

They have tons of scholards and brilliant ministers but why can't they implement some simple internal controls? This doesn't look like some sophisticated fraud and a good system of internal controls could prevent it. Haven't they learned anything from the NKF case?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fact that it is exposed instead of covered up, should be LOOKED UPON positively on LEEgime, that is the ONLY way to motivate them to clean up.

But I must insist that what Old Dog Thief had bragged his whole life claiming SUPER-CLEAN etc is absolutely crap.

A lot of TT Durai exist hiding behind LKy's SUPER-CLEAN falsehood. And had been protected by LKy's CLEAN SYSTEM e.g. TT Durai had sued and win his defamation cases against 2 previous whistle-blowers before SPH. That is how difficult it is to expose and punish these kind of TT Durais within famiLEE LEEgime.:mad::mad::oIo:

Furthermore the so called Law & Penalty is a joke here, TT Durex only went to jail far less than 3 month, due to Home Detention Scheme. He should had been executed. He got allowed to travel and been given still even more lucrative Lobangs after his freaking scandal.:oIo::mad:

That is Lee Kuan Yew Old Dog Thief's CLEAN SYSTEM!

I urge Singaporeans to clean up LKy's CLEAN SYSTEM!

In the past, civil servants are viewed as CIVIL SERVANTS, as the Hokkien's will say, 'jiat cheng hu png'.

Just to share, during the Asian Financial Crises & also thereafter, a close friend of mine, feeling the effects of the crises have cut down spending etc.. On weekends family gather together for meals, chit chatsetc.., there were Civil servants amongst the relatives, they would boast of holiday trips they make, children attending this & that, purchascing news cars, going for property launches, not that we are sour grapes, but while 'Rome burns'; these people have a good time playing the 'fiddle'

This prove, how lucrative it is to be a "Member", these days, you get 'seated' on a juicy civil service position, with power, money & connection; going to property launches, visiting car showroom for Lambo & Maserati etc., is a saturday in the park..."everyday is a fourth of July".

When that, ah soh, lesser mortals, supermarket cashier , ask you the parroted question "MEMBER"!, reflect on the civil service & the any other connections with the huge source of titatnium clad ricebowls provided by the People's Affordable Party.

Are you a 'MEMBER"!.:biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
90% i can guarantee u what happened. Someone in his own department squealed on him. This moron probably bragging to his co-workers about his lambo, nice vacations, and fancy houses all the time, until someone tulan go to his superior and report him. How can someone making his salary (even though quite high) afford this, right? Superior than quietly did an audit and internal investigation, found merit, than call in Police to investigate fully.

Nah Audits are usually done every year. I doubt any auditor is stupid enough to miss 12million bucks!!!!!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
All your questions are highly relevant but we will never get any meaningful answer as long as PAP is in power.
That is why they will play dirty to ensure they stay in power, if they loose, the next government will expose all the worms in the can can we expect to see some high flier in jail.

I have always said that. That is why Old Goat tries to hang on to power by whatever means possible. Simply because if he loses power, he has to do a Marcos like exit and flee. U can bet there are contingency plans with the US and Israel for him to seek asylum there.