• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mah Bow Tan tell his sad childhood stories

†††††

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/STI/STIMEDIA/image/20100306/b11.jpg
National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan recounting his childhood years growing up in various housing types. 'When I was young, I lived in various places with my mother, who was a domestic servant. I lost my father when I was three years old, so we moved around a lot.

We stayed in a kampung in Lorong Ah Soo, which today has HDB flats and is in Cynthia Phua's (MP for Aljunied GRC) constituency. Every time I visit the flats there, I still remember where the kampung house was. Then we moved to a shophouse in High Street. My mum was working for a High Street merchant at that time. Today, that is where the MTI (Ministry of Trade and Industry) and MOF (Ministry of Finance) are (in The Treasury building).

Then we moved to a room in Bugis Street. Today, it is Bugis Junction. There were 10 of us living in that room. We had one bed which slept five. It was raised so that another five could sleep underneath. Then, I moved to Kim Keat Avenue with my aunt - eight of us in a three-room flat, sharing one toilet and bathroom, while my mother stayed in a one-room rental flat in Whampoa Road.

Later, we upgraded to a four-room flat in Toa Payoh.

That is a typical Singapore story for my generation. Start in a modest flat, work hard, accumulate savings, and upgrade over time. Then, if you need to, rightsize to a smaller flat.' National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan recounting his childhood years growing up in various housing types.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
What good is it even if he had 12 'A's when more than half of his fellow countrymen despise him thoroughly?

Vote this bugger out of office and the other PAP MPs if you want a decent life in Singapore. It is as simple as that.

You can expect at least 500,000 NEW FTs if the PAPies win the next GE. DO you want 500,000 new FTs? Of course not. SO vote out the PAPies and not just this pathetic excuse for a human being but as many of the PAPies as you can.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
I admire this guy. He got six "A"s.

Six "A"s is no guarantee you don't fuck the bucket.

Chiam+See+Tong+cannot+be+trusted+076.png

Chiam+See+Tong+cannot+be+trusted+077.png

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think this kind of story although it's true, may be used as a good propaganda tool to get pple to sympathise with him.

Anyway, i decided to support PAP cos' I have an agenda that is to be "I want to be taken care of". I have known someone actively in grassroots who has been out of job for 3 years suddenly got a job in a MNC. His qualification is that of below avergae SIM computer grad. He was quite a problematic worker,from the morale of this story:that's why I decided to por PAP so that I will be taken care of. oki,bruds, dun be angry with me, I am not young anymore, i can't afford to offend pple in power.

National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan recounting his childhood years growing up in various housing types. 'When I was young, I lived in various places with my mother, who was a domestic servant. I lost my father when I was three years old, so we moved around a lot.

We stayed in a kampung in Lorong Ah Soo, which today has HDB flats and is in Cynthia Phua's (MP for Aljunied GRC) constituency. Every time I visit the flats there, I still remember where the kampung house was. Then we moved to a shophouse in High Street. My mum was working for a High Street merchant at that time. Today, that is where the MTI (Ministry of Trade and Industry) and MOF (Ministry of Finance) are (in The Treasury building).

Then we moved to a room in Bugis Street. Today, it is Bugis Junction. There were 10 of us living in that room. We had one bed which slept five. It was raised so that another five could sleep underneath. Then, I moved to Kim Keat Avenue with my aunt - eight of us in a three-room flat, sharing one toilet and bathroom, while my mother stayed in a one-room rental flat in Whampoa Road.

Later, we upgraded to a four-room flat in Toa Payoh.

That is a typical Singapore story for my generation. Start in a modest flat, work hard, accumulate savings, and upgrade over time. Then, if you need to, rightsize to a smaller flat.' National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan recounting his childhood years growing up in various housing types.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think this kind of story although it's true, may be used as a good propaganda tool to get pple to sympathise with him.

Anyway, i decided to support PAP cos' I have an agenda that is to be "I want to be taken care of". I have known someone actively in grassroots who has been out of job for 3 years suddenly got a job in a MNC. His qualification is that of below avergae SIM computer grad. He was quite a problematic worker,from the morale of this story:that's why I decided to por PAP so that I will be taken care of. oki,bruds, dun be angry with me, I am not young anymore, i can't afford to offend pple in power.

You are a few years too late because you joined the party just as the lights are about to be turned down. And it is people like you that makes this country a despicable place to live.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Signs of desperation. Evoking public sympathy. Wait till GMS come out his story of staying in treehouse with birds looking after him.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chey!!!! was expecting to read he was abused or something? our forefather all went through hardship lah, not only him, duh :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you talk damn easy,have you been marked by them or not? If not, you are not qualified to say me like tis,ok!Wait till you bo tai bo chi kanna checked and harrassed,then you come and tell me,oki!

You are a few years too late because you joined the party just as the lights are about to be turned down. And it is people like you that makes this country a despicable place to live.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
you talk damn easy,have you been marked by them or not? If not, you are not qualified to say me like tis,ok!Wait till you bo tai bo chi kanna checked and harrassed,then you come and tell me,oki!

Talk kok lash you. You are obviously a nobody and you suspect them of harrassing you? A few hundred thousand people voted against them. I voted against them in each and every election and I managed to work in an educational institution and worked on many projects for stat boards and MNCs.

You are a victim of your own mind. There is no cure. Better go and kill yourself. :oIo:

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will survive, like old fart who work for the Japs in WW2.
People like Lim Bo Seng who fought the Japs died.

You will live, but that may turn out to be a curse.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
My apology to MBT for coming to this stage of revealing his past hardship. I too have a very poor childhood, with 10 family members squeezing in one small little flat with a bed room after moving from an attap house in Tai Seng Village. The living room becomes our bedroom at night and there is no space for me to study during the wee hours....

Well, let's not go into that. Sob Sob...

Goh Meng Seng

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
How pathetic to have come to such sob story telling to prove your empathy to the wider public.

Reminds me of The Dragon Princess's latest random musings in 154th about how she is oh-so-unaccomplished compared to her two sister-in-laws.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
MBT was so lucky to have a kampung to live in when he was young. Some of us had to live in the Park under tents.